Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Robin Williams kills himself, and his movies are all over Netflix for a month.

David Bowie loses his battle with cancer and I have to go buy Labyrinth on Amazon prime because they aren't on Netflix.

That's some ****ing bull ****.

Is the site messing up for anyone else? On the right side of threads its showing both the thread title and last post which is screwing up the alignements and making everything look ugly.

The IPBOARD is getting permission errors trying to access the images for the profile photos and other docs.  I assume they are either doing an upgrade, or maintenance, or someone just ****ed up.  B)

Robin Williams kills himself, and his movies are all over Netflix for a month.

David Bowie loses his battle with cancer and I have to go buy Labyrinth on Amazon prime because they aren't on Netflix.

That's some ****ing bull ****.

Robin Williams was an actor/comedian and in tons of movies.  Bowie was a musician first and was in one movie that was good.  Makes sense to me.

Edit:  Then there is the whole contractual thing, they just can't stream anything anytime they want to.  They have to have a contractual agreement with studio that owns the rights.  

Robin Williams was an actor/comedian and in tons of movies.  Bowie was a musician first and was in one movie that was good.  Makes sense to me.

Edit:  Then there is the whole contractual thing, they just can't stream anything anytime they want to.  They have to have a contractual agreement with studio that owns the rights.  

So they could make it work for Robin Williams' multiple movies but not David Bowie's one move (even though you're completely wrong)?

Keep in mind I'm in the JAG Corps and I have a soft spot for "contractual things"

So they could make it work for Robin Williams' multiple movies but not David Bowie's one move (even though you're completely wrong)?

Keep in mind I'm in the JAG Corps and I have a soft spot for "contractual things"

Do you know that Netflix specifically bought the movie rights for Robin Williams movies after his death and isn't doing the same for Bowie?

Even if they did, there is a much larger audience for Robin Williams movies than Bowie so it makes financial sense for them to do that.

They can't just buy movie rights every time somebody dies

Do you know that Netflix specifically bought the movie rights for Robin Williams movies after his death and isn't doing the same for Bowie?

Even if they did, there is a much larger audience for Robin Williams movies than Bowie so it makes financial sense for them to do that.

They can't just buy movie rights every time somebody dies

I can say that there was a "Robin Williams Movies" section the day after he died.  Not sure if they "went out and bought the movies rights" or not.

Little man was just crying in his sleep, I assume it was a nightmare. Made me feel really sad.

Crazy to think what might be going through their head at that stage

I can say that there was a "Robin Williams Movies" section the day after he died. Not sure if they "went out and bought the movies rights" or not.

They probably just lumped the movies they already had rights to in one spot for people. Doubt they paid rights for it.

And again, their audience probably dictated that which it wouldn't for Bowie

They probably just lumped the movies they already had rights to in one spot for people. Doubt they paid rights for it.

And again, their audience probably dictated that which it wouldn't for Bowie

Wouldn't be so sure of that.  Everyone I know had the same reaction to Bowie's passing... and that was "I am going to watch Labyrinth".

I think maybe they took the initiative to do that for Robin Williams.  I'm not sure anyone dictated anything there.

Archived