Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I feel so white, non-urban and just uncool. I have no idea what you guys are talking about with these shoes.

I've had two pairs of basketball shoes in my life. The original black and white striped Kobes which were given to me in like 6th grade by a guy who got them for Christmas and didn't want them. We didn't even like each other, I think that contributed to it, he really wanted to stick it to his mom so he gave them to a kid he wasn't even friends with.

And my GF at the time got me a pair of the blue and white Denver nugget Melos in like 05 for my birthday. I don't know why she did. I wore them 3x and never again. Were uncomfortable to walk in and tried to play basketball in them and slid all over the place and got blisters on the back of my ankle

I just play ball in my workout/running shoes. Lowcut and all. I don't need basketball shoes to stand behind the 3pt line and Duke up 3s.

I feel so white, non-urban and just uncool. I have no idea what you guys are talking about with these shoes.

I've had two pairs of basketball shoes in my life. The original black and white striped Kobes which were given to me in like 6th grade by a guy who got them for Christmas and didn't want them. We didn't even like each other, I think that contributed to it, he really wanted to stick it to his mom so he gave them to a kid he wasn't even friends with.

And my GF at the time got me a pair of the blue and white Denver nugget Melos in like 05 for my birthday. I don't know why she did. I wore them 3x and never again. Were uncomfortable to walk in and tried to play basketball in them and slid all over the place and got blisters on the back of my ankle

I just play ball in my workout/running shoes. Lowcut and all. I don't need basketball shoes to stand behind the 3pt line and Duke up 3s.

No need to waste money on shoes.  You can get those 3s swatted down in any ole pair of shoes :P

We play early in the morning. Start at 6 am. There's not really time to shoot around, so i get pretty streaky and it can be pretty ugly the first 30 minutes.

There's no in between either, I'm bricking or air balls or I'm JJ REDICK. There's this one old guy, he can shoot and he also gets the soft rolls to go in off jumpers. I'm jelly.

Never was into getting a certain style of sneaker, even when I was in my teens and 20s. Used to buy Nike and Reebok, but their quality went in the toilet for a while.

Been getting New Balance for 15 years or so. Best comfort for my feet. I have running shoes, court shoes and cross train shoes.

I don't think I'm going to start collecting shoes at 48. I'll let the ladies collect shoes.

Get off my lawn!

BECAUSE, people wear basketball shoes for fashion.

I think there is a distinct difference, between basketball shoes you play in and basketball shoes you wear around. I made the mistake recently of getting hangout shoes to play in.

I wore bball shoes both for athletic purposes and fashion. My point is the designs suck and are unimaginative. The older shoes were more sleek and had more of a fresh look to them

Shoes I remember, I rocked Nike Cortez's for years as my casual show. Basketball, just off the top of my head, when I was like 10 I had the Shaq shoes that you could pump up with the CO2 cartridge. Looking back, holy **** was that a lame gimmick. My favorite basketball shoes were the first two Iverson. I think they're called the Answer and the next one was the Question. I might be off on that. It's been awhile. I'll have to think about what other ones I had. Oh and always go ASICS for running.

These days, as a grown man, I could give two ****s about who's reppin' the shoe or whatever. I can't imagine a scenario where I'm dropping $100+ on some sneakers.

I don't care too much about shoes. I get a pair of decent looking $40 sneakers every few months, run and walk in 'em like crazy, then toss 'em.

I run a lot and walk very fast. If I dropped a lot of money on shoes I'd have to pull back on the intensity. Wouldn't want to wear them down.

Eh, I have high arches. One of the first things the Army (I assume those other branches too) does is to check what type of foot you have (flat, normal, high). Then you buy the correct shoes. I got a pair of ASICS and have stuck with the brand for the last almost 15 years. And it does make a difference. These days just walking around in regular sneakers not designed for my foot, my feet are constantly killing me. Planter fasciitis, achillies, heel, hell yesterday I was walking up some steps outside an office building and it felt like my damn ankle popped of its socket. That was a first. Almost fell down. So yeah, if I'm running, I'm making sure my feet are right.

Definitely agree on the first part. I can't remember the last time I spent more than $60-70 on a pair of sneakers. I don't get it. Seems like an expensive dick measuring contest to me.

But hey, to each their own.

Anyone watch Modern Family?  Sofia Vergara........hubba hubba :)

You know what?  I caught the show here and there over the years.  Not sure why I never watched it.  I had a couple of other shows on Wednesdays at 9 that I recorded, so I couldn't watch it.

But lately, I have the DVR on and have been binge watching all the episodes.  I get them from the local Charlotte channels 55 and 46, plus I catch them all on USA. I set the DVR while I was in NJ and came home to 45 episodes.  Been binge watching all day today.  I have 20 left. I've also finally been able to watch the regular episodes on Wednesdays.  I'll catch up sooner or later. 

I love this show.  And since I married a South American, yes, Sofia is yummy.  I'm hooked on show. Can't get enough of it now.

Archived