Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

The Hip-Hop heads should love this post somebody my cousin sent me on Facebook...

I see the skins whooped dat ass ha?
And now the dallas fans are quiet after talking all that trash ha?
They record's 4-12 ha?
You ain't do well ha?
And in the basement's where u dwell ha?
I can't stop laughing lol ha?

10307421_10153773518463604_1540269713223

Watched The Babadook last night. That is a really, really good movie. Easily the best horror flick I've seen in a long time. Not sure how popular it is here so maybe I'm late to the party. Australian flick, the actress is amazing, 50 awards across the world and a 98% on RT. If you haven't seen it, definitely do.

Coughlin's gone.

Who would've ever thought back at 2-4, that we would end up being the most stable organization, by a wide margin, in the NFCE at the end of the year?Posted on Facebook yesterday, having this much success so soon, even if Scot falls off the wagon and over a cliff and resigns/forces us to dump him, I think we're going to have a real GM for the next 30 years. It's got to be a smack to the face of Snyder that undoubtedly woke him up. "Ahhh, so they were right. This is how you win." The question remains, does Snyder want personal glory, Ala Jerry Jones, or does he want to win? I think it's the latter.

He gets lost in all of the Scot/Jay buzz, but damn if we aren't lucky to have Bruce Allen. He's made all of this happen. He knew his faults and gave up power to address them and ensure the success of the franchise. There are few men who will do that.

We are blessed, finally, on all fronts: team president, general manager, young worst-to-first head coach, super young up-and-coming OC, franchise quarterback, an owner who has no problem spending cash and hell, we're even on the verge of getting out of the dump we play on (can finally start going to games again). There's absolutely no reason this can't get even better and be sustainable for at least the next decade.

I don't know, he was pretty terrible and hasn't been a good coach for a couple years now. Hopefully the Giants hire another Fassel-like donkey.

Yeah he's probably going to go down as a legend, but those days have long passed. He's worse than Chip.

When we beat Green Bay, even though they are 10-6, be prepared for all the talk to shift to **** like:

"Well, the Packers had some key injuries and clearly Nelson being out was a huge impact on their season."  

"The Redskins finally beat a team with a winning record, but it was at home to a Packers team that was injured coming in and not playing good football." 

Etc. etc. etc.........cause it's gonna happen.  Only way we get any shout out this season, is if we beat the Packers and beat AZ or Carolina, or be in a position to beat them and finish 9-7 or better next year.  Otherwise, it's gonna be the same ole ****.

Watched The Babadook last night. That is a really, really good movie. Easily the best horror flick I've seen in a long time. Not sure how popular it is here so maybe I'm late to the party. Australian flick, the actress is amazing, 50 awards across the world and a 98% on RT. If you haven't seen it, definitely do.

My man!  I thought the acting was so so good.  Not bad for an indie Australian movie with a 10th of a Hollywood budget.

Shoutout to our friend Doc Ankles who told us ES'ers about it.  I think Tazinski (Taze) enjoyed it as well.

When we beat Green Bay, even though they are 10-6, be prepared for all the talk to shift to **** like:

"Well, the Packers had some key injuries and clearly Nelson being out was a huge impact on their season."  

"The Redskins finally beat a team with a winning record, but it was at home to a Packers team that was injured coming in and not playing good football." 

Etc. etc. etc.........cause it's gonna happen.  Only way we get any shout out this season, is if we beat the Packers and beat AZ or Carolina, or be in a position to beat them and finish 9-7 or better next year.  Otherwise, it's gonna be the same ole ****.

yeah...?  

that is the way it should be.   

you earn respect.   The skins need to put up.   and keep doing so... 

Carolina won a bunch of games to end last season... earned a little respect.   then won games early on this season... and won some more respect (but still weren't on the same level as Denver or New England-- the other unbeaten teams)  then kept on winning and getting more respect.   Now the expectations are high... if they don't win the superbowl, it is borderline  whether they will be called chokers.   Respect is hard to gain, and hard to keep.  

At this point the Redskins have earned the statement:   "they are better then the dreck that they put on the field last year..."   

if they keep winning, then the respect will grow.  If they don;t --- it won't.  (and they won't deserve it).

Right now the Redskins have definitively demonstrated that they are in the middle third of the NFL's 32 teams.   Not in the bottom 11 teams (anymore...thank god), and also not in the top 11 (yet).  It is what they have earned --- so far.  hopefully they will keep up the good work

Shoutout to every fan that boo'd the team at halftime against the Bucs. That was when everything changed. Gut check time for the squad, and Kirk came out in the 2nd and went SLAM HAM.

People say booing never helps. The fans inspired those ****s on that day and they have been rolling ever since

Remember when we were going to hire Fassell? The contract was all but signed and then there was massive fan uprising and we got Zorn instead. Good times.

I had never heard this until I joined the site around 2011. But wow, thank goodness the fans spoke up. Fassell would have been good enough to keep his job for years while trudging through mediocrity. At least Zorn embarrassed himself and flamed out quickly so we could move on

I love Portis and Cooley on 980 reminiscing about old times. They're talking about guys who hit them hard enough to give them concussions and the stories are hysterical. Cooley would basically hide behind Mike Sellers on Special Teams plays to avoid getting hit hard LOL.

I love Portis and Cooley on 980 reminiscing about old times. They're talking about guys who hit them hard enough to give them concussions and the stories are hysterical. Cooley would basically hide behind Mike Sellers on Special Teams plays to avoid getting hit hard LOL.

Cooley was made to do radio. Unless he bolts for a national gig as a color guy or something, he's going to be a mainstay here for the next 40 years. It's pretty awesome to be witnessing the beginning.

I had never heard this until I joined the site around 2011. But wow, thank goodness the fans spoke up. Fassell would have been good enough to keep his job for years while trudging through mediocrity. At least Zorn embarrassed himself and flamed out quickly so we could move on

Horny for Zorny baby

My man!  I thought the acting was so so good.  Not bad for an indie Australian movie with a 10th of a Hollywood budget.

Shoutout to our friend Doc Ankles who told us ES'ers about it.  I think Tazinski (Taze) enjoyed it as well.

Yeah, I gave it a C+ initially, probably would give it a B- now to put it a little more above average.  The acting was good, the story was original and made you think.  Psychological horror.  I found it a tad slow at times throughout and the obvious budget issues, but very well done for what they had to work with.

Free to stream on Netflix, definitely worth a watch.  

Forgot about that revenge we owe GB. Yall remember that phantom false start called against us that took away like a 35 yd TD run by CP? In '04 I guess it was.

Think it was late in the 4th qtr too. We had them that game.

Illegal Shift. 50 yard screen pass, I believe. Would've sealed the game. Meast had a big game...2 picks I think.

Edit: Shawn Springs with 2 picks. Here's the box score.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200410310was.htm

Yeah, I gave it a C+ initially, probably would give it a B- now to put it a little more above average. The acting was good, the story was original and made you think. Psychological horror. I found it a tad slow at times throughout and the obvious budget issues, but very well done for what they had to work with.

Free to stream on Netflix, definitely worth a watch.

Yeah I was just telling someone I recommended it to, to stay with it. The kid annoyed the hell out of me and it was slow. I just thought the payoff was well worth it. I actually want to watch it again. I'm sure I missed on some themes and allegories

I still refuse to believe that several hundred rowdy message board fans are what caused Snyderatto to move on from Fassel. I cannot believe that

It went beyond the message board though. It was just born and planned here. People canceling their season tickets, protests (riots) were being planned for Redskins Park. People were hot. And it was a lot more than a few hundred. I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase more unified.

I remember SHF, a year or two after that, organizing a thing to get Snyder to fire Vinny. They came up with these little "fan cards" you could print and put your name on and then mail to the team. (I'm not saying that's what got Vinny fired.)

Archived