Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

do we know what commentator crew will call the game?  And when do we find out who the officials will be?  Not setting up excuses or anything, but Rodgers is right up there with Brady when it comes to getting questionable calls going his way.

do we know what commentator crew will call the game? And when do we find out who the officials will be? Not setting up excuses or anything, but Rodgers is right up there with Brady when it comes to getting questionable calls going his way.

We shall feast on the blood of the innocent. Not worried about any calls. We'll take it out of the zebras hands.

Not to look ahead, but the divisional round is going to be a challenge, for us or anyone.  Both the Cards and Panthers are healthy, both playing solid football.  But, both are beatable.  Especially AZ.  

I know, one week at a time, but I can't help but get excited that we have a chance to win a playoff game and get a shot to make it to the NFC Championship game.  That would be huge beyond epic proportions if we managed to make it to the NFCC game.  A team everyone wrote off, continued to write off, even yesterday with Dallas being the favorite.  

I'm prepared for anything, and when (or if :) ) we lose, I'm sure the **** talk will resume in the media. 

do we know what commentator crew will call the game? And when do we find out who the officials will be? Not setting up excuses or anything, but Rodgers is right up there with Brady when it comes to getting questionable calls going his way.

Probably buck and Aikman. But sometimes they might throw a curveball and put Lynch and Burkhardt.

does xbox recognize 4k? are games in 4k?

Not sure if you got an answer to this but no games on either system are 4K and to my knowledge it doesn't have video output at 4K either.

I doubt you'd see anything close to that on these systems

Probably buck and Aikman. But sometimes they might throw a curveball and put Lynch and Burkhardt.

The other NFC game Minn/Seattle is going to NBC's Collinsworth/Michaels team so we should definitely get Buck and Aikman

The part that I often wonder, is when does even a smidge of respect actually come our way?

I get the reasons folks would be hesitant. Awful division, no wins against winning records, previous history, still establishing identity, etc. I get all that. I don't really blame the national media for that stuff. That's fine.

But what will it take to actually get someone outside the local media market, fans of teams outside the division, and other pundits to at least admit that that this team isn't just the lucky bunch they're all portraying it to be? Win on Sunday? Div. Round win? Super Bowl? I don't mind trash talk. I don't mind bashing where it's due. I don't mind pointing out mirages. But I do mind all of that if the team does something to prove it wrong and no one admits it. I don't mind a fan of an opposing team talking smack. But if we beat you, or do better than you, or prove your predictions wrong? I at least want something. Even if it's just a nod and a "Respect".

There are a lot of question marks about this team to folks who don't follow it daily. But it's pretty messed up the way there seems to be a new way to dismiss the success around every corner.

Anyone else like Ronde Barber doing games? I'd honestly rather have him and the team from yesterday doing the game than holier than thou, insufferable Joe Buck.

Naw, he's awful. Constantly messing up names, and his lovefest for Dallas/Romo was insufferable.

What do you expect though, he's like their D level broadcaster.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I'm kidding ;)

I agree, people don't realize how annoying that is.

sometimes people want to vent. Big deal. People need to learn how to stfu and listen.

We will beat Green Bay. Playoff games might never be easy but we definitely got the easiest match up

I bet they're saying the same thing.

I just got back after a week in St. Pete Beach. Had lovely 80 degree weather for a week. I come home to this crap? 30 degrees when i get out of bed? Blah. I don't know what they're called, but i approve of the bikini trend where there's the elastic that somewhat snuggles in the crack of the girl. 100% approval on this end. Also Busch Gardens Tampa is a cess-pool.

The part that I often wonder, is when does even a smidge of respect actually come our way?

I get the reasons folks would be hesitant. Awful division, no wins against winning records, previous history, still establishing identity, etc. I get all that. I don't really blame the national media for that stuff. That's fine.

But what will it take to actually get someone outside the local media market, fans of teams outside the division, and other pundits to at least admit that that this team isn't just the lucky bunch they're all portraying it to be? Win on Sunday? Div. Round win? Super Bowl? I don't mind trash talk. I don't mind bashing where it's due. I don't mind pointing out mirages. But I do mind all of that if the team does something to prove it wrong and no one admits it. I don't mind a fan of an opposing team talking smack. But if we beat you, or do better than you, or prove your predictions wrong? I at least want something. Even if it's just a nod and a "Respect".

There are a lot of question marks about this team to folks who don't follow it daily. But it's pretty messed up the way there seems to be a new way to dismiss the success around every corner.

I wouldn't sweat it at all. The media is self serving. Once they find a narrative that suits them—they'll run with it. Whatever they are spouting only ever has a tenuous link to reality. 

---------------

On another note, my mother in law just asked if I could go to my wife's grandmas place. Apparently, she's having trouble logging onto her Rush Limbaugh account. Not exactly my politics to say the least. Should I try to rig it to redirect to Mother Jones? 

On another 'nother note. Was folding a blanket out of the laundry last night and, no joke, a bolt of static electricity tazed me in my junk. I was like WTF? Now I probably have the super powers of a blanket. 

I wouldn't sweat it at all. The media is self serving. Once they find a narrative that suits them—they'll run with it. Whatever they are spouting only ever has a tenuous link to reality. 

Good point. In 2012, since they had the Griff story to run with, they hyped us up almost too much. Gotta move that needle.

Part of me wants to just record it all now though, and have it ready in two years when GMSM has his contender built. We all know that they'll be coming out of the woodwork trying to say they saw this coming all along and that everyone else was foolish to doubt the Skins.

I think that just about every observer of the skins would say:

1) they are trending in the right direction

2) they have yet to demonstrate that they are "there" yet

the skins can demonstrate 2) by beating/having strong games against quality opponents (something they have yet to do this year), and maintaining a strong trajectory (something they have yet to do in last 20+ years)

there is nothing wrong with the how non-skins-fans are viewing the skins.  It is what they have earned

I think that just about every observer of the skins would say:

1) they are trending in the right direction

2) they have yet to demonstrate that they are "there" yet

the skins can demonstrate 2) by beating/having strong games against quality opponents (something they have yet to do this year), and maintaining a strong trajectory (something they have yet to do in last 20+ years)

there is nothing wrong with the how non-skins-fans are viewing the skins.  It is what they have earned

I agree for the most part. But I do think it's fair to say Dallas being favored yesterday considering the circumstances was kinda bogus.

I guess my primary issue is the seeming reluctance for folks outside the local circles to even say the team is moving in the right direction. It just kinda feels like the world is just chomping at the bit for us to get beat so they can say they told us so. That it was all a mirage. I'm most likely completely wrong on this. That's fine. I can deal with that.

Dallas was only favored because of the expectation that the skins would rest/protect everybody important.   Neither team was viewed to have anything to play for, so predicting the final outcome was a bit like predicting the outcome of a pre-season game.

(although--- the fact that the boys had the possibility of anywhere between (something like) pick #3 and pick #10 ---shoulda led people to bet against them, more than betting against the skins under Colt 

Archived