Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Guys not to drop a reality check on you but we 

1) haven't beaten a .500 + team this year

2) won 4 straight games against Chicago, Buffalo, Philly, and Dallas 

I know we have a strong home record because I was there for every game but the home opener. But we don't want Seattle. 

Then again on the other hand anything can happen. 

RT @pfrumors Pending free agent Greg Hardy hopes to re-sign with #Cowboys https://t.co/b2Ji6C9HId

:lol:

I know we have a strong home record because I was there for every game but the home opener. But we don't want Seattle.

Then again on the other hand anything can happen.

you're being a baby too. Let's face the toughest teams now. At home and rested. I wish we could rematch the Panthers now.

If we can't beat the best now, then let's get out and get to work. We have a he'll of a core.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to blow smoke and act like everything is all rosy. I am happy we made the playoffs but I'm warning you these teams are good.

We know. So are the Redskins. I believe the last three wins were all by at least 10 points. Thats what good teams do. No, everything isn't all rosy, neither is it all hopeless. You're not blowing smoke, you're being a Debbie downer and questioning other peoples faith in the team.

I'm sorry that you have no hope whatsoever. But don't act like we're the ones with issues, simply because we believe our team can win.

Enough of that we haven't beaten a team .500+ talk.  It's garbage and I'm sick of hearing about it (from the media) like it's our fault on who we played.

Also, look at some of the teams we beat.  Philly twice, they win they are 9-7 and not us.  Buffalo wins, they are 9-7 instead of 8-8 (so yes we have beaten a .500 or better team).  Rams beat us, they are 8-8 instead of 7-9.  Saints beat us they are 8-8 instead of 7-9.

Someone had to win the games and we did.  Not our fault they couldn't take care of business and beat us to improve their record.  And even the mightiest of teams (Panthers this year) got beat by a **** team like the Falcons.  Pats lost today with home field advantage on the line to Miami.    Rams beat the Seahawks twice this year.

We handled business and now we move on to the playoffs.  Go hard or go home!  Why can't we be that team that gets hot and makes a deep playoff run?  Other teams do it all the time. Lets be that team.

Red Cross does their very best to help anyone in need. SIL says they may even send authorities to help her get out.

Bless you for your help, I'm sure you're a friend she'll value forever.

Yeah I keep telling her about all of that. Hell I told her to call the local PD and ask to speak to a domestic violence detective. See if they can do anything. Trying anything and everything is better than doing nothing. But yeah, thank you. I think I'll start a thread on this tomorrow. See if those who live in fear of the RTT and stay away can be of help.

Annnnnyway, I'm sure I'm late to the party on this but I just watched Antman and am somewhat shocked by how much I enjoyed it. I know of the character but it always sounded lame to me. I was wrong.

I'm not afraid of anyone. I'm just not expecting us to make it out of the wildcard round. But I'd rather not lost to SEA for the 4th time in a row, the last 4 times we've made the playoffs. I can't stand their team. Can't stand their QB. Can't stand their coach. Can't stand their fans.

I think we can definitely beat Green Bay, have a good chance of beating the Vikings, and would likely lose to Seattle, but no matter what, I want us to beat the hell out of whoever we play. So if we lose, they're losing the week after because they got curb stomped the week before. 

The media also forgets, or maybe they just don't know, Kirk, McVay and Jay changed the focus of the offense and the playcalling after the Dallas game....the last losing game we've had. They stopped trying to force the running game and began making Kirk the focal point of the offense. Our short passing game is now our running attack, and it's resulted in four straight wins. We haven't even played a team with a winning record since we did that, and we only have like 3 teams on our schedule who had a winning record anyway. Big ****ing deal. 

When the Giants won their last two SuperBowls, they were the final seed and no one even considered they'd make it out of the wildcard. The experts never predict something like that could happen....until it happens. I'm not saying we're good enough to do that(they had an elite level defense and their offense got hot right before the playoffs), but it certainly isn't out of the question. 

If you think they are always showing the damn Cowboys on TV, it's because they actually are.

*football map*

It's such a kooky graphic.  I keep having this internal dialogue where I say something like,

"Hmmm, that's weird that Oakland owns the California viewership, I would've thought it would be San Francisco.  Oh right, Oakland is in second place."

Rinse, repeat in Texas, the upper midwest, New England, etc.

Apparently we finished #9 overall in defense. Gotta see the scoring defense ranking, but great turnaround, considering that under Hasnonuts, we were always nearly dead last.

#McCloughan

I don't think we EVER finished that high under Haslett. But I'm sure if someone asked Haslett, he'll tell them McCoughlan got Barry the players and Shanny never did that for him. I've seen worse talented defensive units than Haz's perform better. Likely because the Mike LB didn't have to keep changing the DC's ****ty play calls. 

If Vikes had a better passing game, they would be up 14-3.

I am so unimpressed with Bridgewater. 

Archived