Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I have to think that a good portion of that is salary in the last 2 years.

According to Over The Cap, Skins only had about about $10mil in cap space before the Pot Roast signing.  

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins

We could get almost another $2.5 mil ($4 mil if it's a post June 1 cut) in cap space by letting Deangelo walk...please.

edit..of course a long term deal with Kerrigan could reduce his 7 mil cap hit this year to achieve the same savings. But I think this team has held on to players like Deangelo for way too long. So they need to lock up the good young talent and cut ties with the overrated inflated egos. 

I agree, extending Kerrigan helps us keep a quality player we drafted and helps the team acquire more talent right now. Ryan seems like the type who wouldn't mind taking less this year to help out the roster. 

I agree, extending Kerrigan helps us keep a quality player we drafted and helps the team acquire more talent right now. Ryan seems like the type who wouldn't mind taking less this year to help out the roster. 

One thing I forgot though is that this means that Tracy Porter will be gone. Cutting him saves the Skins $2.2mil in cap room this year.

As for Kerrigan. He wouldn't really be getting less in a new deal this year. He would get whatever the large signing bonus is (up front) - it would just be pro-rated cap wise over the length of the deal.

THey could do a 5 or 6 year deal with him and have a $15mil signing bonus with a first year salary of like $2 mil..and still save the Skins almost $2mil in cap space this year. 

And Chris Chester.

I never want to see Chester in the burgundy and gold again. I'm hoping Scot is going to use the draft to find our new starters at RG, LG or RT. Looks like they may be giving Compton another shot at RT, I'd still like a young guy over there to push him/take the spot. 

One thing I forgot though is that this means that Tracy Porter will be gone. Cutting him saves the Skins $2.2mil in cap room this year.

Considering his injury issues and poor play, it's a foregone conclusion this will happen soon, IMO. 

weather dude said we'll be seeing rain today for the first time since november LOL

I think Boo-Boo's parents were killed by hunters, and Yogi was a cool neighbor down the street who took him in.

Yeah right. You write that touching explanation but we all know you are really thinking that Yogi is a pedophile and Boo-boo has Stockholm Syndrome.

weather dude said we'll be seeing rain today for the first time since november LOL

I think Boo-Boo's parents were killed by hunters, and Yogi was a cool neighbor down the street who took him in.

We get rain tonight in to tomorrow, it'll be in the 50s and 60s for the next 7 days though.

Always assumed Boo Boo was Yogi's son, but I wasn't a Yogi fan. Liked me some cartoons, that one didn't appeal to me though.

-----

Re: Kerrigan

KEEP DAT MOTHA****A!

Keep him!

You hear me?!?!

Yeah right. You write that touching explanation but we all know you are really thinking that Yogi is a pedophile and Boo-boo has Stockholm Syndrome.

you are correct, sir. 

Hey, I had to try saying something more normal.  I'm already walking a fine line on here as it is.  If I said what I was really thinking half the time, Jumbo would've "Uncle Phil'd" my ass years ago.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31304-1388709989-10

I think there should be some sort of thread about banned members so we can mock them while they can't post any only read the bad things we say about them.

I love it!

kinda sucks for Moco though, the RTT thread was the only place where he could get heat and A/C

Videos of Dallas fans burning Murray Jerseys are already popping up on twitter

Their butthurt makes me so happy

The Cowboys were the ones that didnt want to pay him. Whats he supposed to do, play for peanuts?

The NFL is so damn corrupt. Biggest sport out there, yet all you hear from execs and fans is how to either get a guy to take a paycut, or sign a guy less than he's worth. Dumb Cowboys fans

The Cowboys were the ones that didnt want to pay him. Whats he supposed to do, play for peanuts?

The NFL is so damn corrupt. Biggest sport out there, yet all you hear from execs and fans is how to either get a guy to take a paycut, or sign a guy less than he's worth. Dumb Cowboys fans

the business side of the NFL makes me nauseous.   Owners negotiate as a collective group out of one side of their face with the public sector for the right to operate as unregulated collusive local monopolies and monopsonies, and then out of the other side of their face with players and fans... "our hands our tied.. so sad  :( "

lots of people (commie bastages, mostly) may like to attack successful businesses in general.  it is *usually* overwrought, or uncalled for.... but i find NFL owners to be amongst the most worthy of scorn and repulsion, out of the whole crowd.  They are among the fiew that really DO fit the mold of the despicable disgraceful robberbarron molds of yesteryear.  THey are all basically characters out of Babbit, or some other Sinclair Lewis story...  

well..if there are ways for people more savvy than me to know... is he permabanned?   

Unless a mod confirms or posts a reason where the violation occurred.  Then, no real way to know for sure except to wait it out over time and see if the post again in two weeks or a month.  

Not sure if there are exact temp ban times, I assumed there were (i.e. 24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, perma?).

Archived