Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So you rag on people for listening to the radio, but you listen to a radio show's podcast? And that's better?

That's like making fun of someone for watching TV, yet saying well I only watch Breaking Bad on Netflix.

8t is because you can listen on demand. Most of the podcasts are unfiltered though and you won't get that with radio.

I have a bigger issue with sports talk though. It's mostly callers and hosts talking about softball issueS and mundane questions . Calls calls calls. Is rg3 the staryer? Do you agree with jay? Call in now

Anything on 1067 other than game broadcast is useless imo. This is a 980 town.

Don't u listen to serial

I don't see what the appeal of serial is. It's only 12 episodes. Then what?

I've had a lifelong issue with "amigo" and no excuse for it. :lol:

Grew up in AK and am of Germanic ancestry. Similarly, when I was 8 (already a Redskins fan for two years) and took up the bow, I always played the "Indian" in any game where it could be a choice. I was NEVER the cowboy. B)

I picture you looking and sounding like Sam Elliot in Roadhouse when I read it.

8t is because you can listen on demand. Most of the podcasts are unfiltered though and you won't get that with radio.

I have a bigger issue with sports talk though. It's mostly callers and hosts talking about softball issueS and mundane questions . Calls calls calls. Is rg3 the staryer? Do you agree with jay? Call in now

Anything on 1067 other than game broadcast is useless imo. This is a 980 town.

Don't u listen to serial

I don't see what the appeal of serial is. It's only 12 episodes. Then what?

I don't make fun of people for listening to the radio.

Serial was a good listen and showed how messed up the judicial system in this country is.

And yes, calling into sports talk shows is dumb.

So you rag on people for listening to the radio, but you listen to a radio show's podcast? And that's better?

That's like making fun of someone for watching TV, yet saying well I only watch Breaking Bad on Netflix.

I find that people are music snobs, food snobs and tech snobs anymore. I have to listen to the radio at work. We can't listen on the computer because of bandwidth and I'm too busy on my phone on ES. It's just easier.

The peaked in high school Rob Lowe commercial might be the best one, because it speaks to many issues kids face. I don't stay in contact that often these days with my high school class, besides my closest friends from that period, but you still hear and see others around town, still doing jack ****, tied up in debt, tied up with multiple kids, working dead end jobs.

Then you see all the chicks that used to gloat about how hot they were, and by 22, they already look like a hot mess. I'd shudder to think of what they may look like now at 26, near 27. Then all the average chicks, or chicks you completely ignore, now look smoking hot, and have good jobs. Or the dorky guy that got ragged on for being smarter than everybody, following the stock market at 14, and now he's cut to death, and is swimming in dough.

Meanwhile the dude that everybody looked up to, and thought he owned the school.... captain of every team, shredded, is now 70 lbs overweight and broke.

Just goes to show you how irrelevant all that stuff is, yet it shapes some of us to an absurd degree, for the rest of our lives. I tell my cousins and random teenagers i run into all the time, to not sweat the high school (or even college) experience. Enjoy it, but don't become one of those people who top out in high school because they don't have their eyes on the bigger picture. Its all about getting better, improving every year, setting higher goals, understanding yourself and the world around you.

A lot of cats think they have it all figured out, and then post high school life comes at them fast, and they can't handle it. Your life is just beginning, and you have a clean slate. Turn the tables. If you were the fat kid in high school, dedicate yourself to the gym and make those same people envy you when they run into you by happenstance, 5 years later. If you're the nerdy awkward guy, branch out socially, and make it so those same people that laughed at you don't even recognize you anymore. If you were the kid that everyone said wouldn't amount to ****, bury your nose in the books, and use that newfound knowledge to make something big happen in the business world, and brush your shoulders off at your high school reunion. keep growing, and don't let the brief, fleeting moments of life as a teenager imprison you for the rest of your life.

I picture you looking and sounding like Sam Elliot in Roadhouse when I read it.

I take that as a compliment. Met him---my kind of guy. He was way more of a serious dude than other "macho" dudes I was around a bit, like Robert Blake (Baretta), Robert Conrad (Wild Wild West) or Chuck Norris, who was a relative shrimp and truly not that impressive martial arts wise :o---just decently athletic in performing katas or choreographed stuff and easily the most ridiculously exaggerated figure in the history of pop culture.

Conrad was actually a better fighter irl than Norris. He was a fairly skilled boxer, great all-around athlete, and very tough/strong, though also kind of small. He was also an excellent stunt man who did most of his own. Often a dick, too.

Wait..is there a crawl or something that announces bans? How do you know?

Exxon stock down 5 1/2....Moco banned....TIVO up 1 3/8...

Nah, just their name is grayed out and can't be linked.  

It was crazy while it lasted. Probably savvy enough to get himself a new username. Wonder how long it'll take to spot him. 30 posts?

We teamed up to give the boy amazing direction, but he's unvelievably ignorant. Some people just can't get right.

Well, when he only caught that 24-48 hour ban he said he went nuts and Jumbo said he tried to make another account immediately and TK caught it right away.  

It was crazy while it lasted. Probably savvy enough to get himself a new username. Wonder how long it'll take to spo

We teamed up to give the boy amazing direction, but he's unvelievably ignorant. Some people just can't get right.

One of the more underrated aspects of the rtt is guessing who "New" posters are. Okay, it's mostly me who does that. Guy with recent join date (like within the last couple days), 0 posts. Familiar posting style.

You can't hide your personality, unless you are a pro, ar some kind of psycho. But they always stick out like a sore thumb. No one on this site joins, and goes immediately to the Tailgate for the most part. Sometimes I'll try to playfully interrogate them

It was crazy while it lasted. Probably savvy enough to get himself a new username. Wonder how long it'll take to spot him. 30 posts?

Indeed.  At some point, pretty much all of us gave him some solid advice along the way.  But, if he didn't want to accept it, then so be it... Yeah, he's posted stuff that pushed the margins, so it's not shocking.

I take that as a compliment. Met him---my kind of guy. He was way more of a serious dude than other "macho" dudes I was around a bit, like Robert Blake (Baretta), Robert Conrad (Wild Wild West) or Chuck Norris, who was a relative shrimp and truly not that impressive martial arts wise :o---just decently athletic in performing katas or choreographed stuff and easily the most ridiculously exaggerated figure in the history of pop culture.

Conrad was actually a better fighter irl than Norris. He was a fairly skilled boxer, great all-around athlete, and very tough/strong, though also kind of small. He was also an excellent stunt man who did most of his own. Often a dick, too.

When I think of Robert Conrad, I think not only of Wild, Wild West and Baa Baa Blacksheep but this as well:

Archived