Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Indeed.  At some point, pretty much all of us gave him some solid advice along the way.  But, if he didn't want to accept it, then so be it... Yeah, he's posted stuff that pushed the margins, so it's not shocking.

Honestly, I think he was probably laughing his ass off the whole time. The only thing that probably mattered to him was that we were giving him the attention that he has gone most of his life without

One of the more underrated aspects of the rtt is guessing who "New" posters are. Okay, it's mostly me who does that. Guy with recent join date (like within the last couple days), 0 posts. Familiar posting style.

You can't hide your personality, unless you are a pro, ar some kind of psycho. But they always stick out like a sore thumb. No one on this site joins, and goes immediately to the Tailgate for the part. Sometimes I'll try to playfully interrogate them

Like that 62asazn guy or whoever it was on gameday a while back lol.  

I take that as a compliment. Met him---my kind of guy. He was way more of a serious dude than other "macho" dudes I was around a bit, like Robert Blake (Baretta), Robert Conrad (Wild Wild West) or Chuck Norris, who was a relative shrimp and truly not that impressive martial arts wise :o---just decently athletic in performing katas or choreographed stuff and easily the most ridiculously exaggerated figure in the history of pop culture.

Conrad was actually a better fighter irl than Norris. He was a fairly skilled boxer, great all-around athlete, and very tough/strong, though also kind of small. He was also an excellent stunt man who did most of his own. Often a dick, too.

How's it going Amigo!

original.jpg

Evil Genius...

I really thought the Eers were gonna pull it out early in the second half. But some questionable calls, turnovers, and no one being able to find the rim there at the end sealed their fate. Shame. Staten is too good to not see the later rounds of a Big XII Tourney.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here that maybe MoCo's vacation came from another thread. One speaking about a specific TV show that a few of us in this thread follow religiously. Btw, thanks for turning that conversation back to the actual show Jumbo. It was getting a little weird lol. Did you take an ES vacation? Feel like I didn't see you post much at all last week. Missed out on a good audio conversation in here.

I really loved the old ES.

Obviously this one is more functional, but there were some tips and tricks on the old ES that were invaluable.

Now trust me, I'm not setting you up, but I was curious as to when you think "the old ES was" and if you are willing. what you actually mean by tips & tricks. Not trying to have you "give anything up"---if it's stuff you'd rather not post, don't sweat it.

One reason I ask is I really miss the previous software and look---so many "free" tweaks we could use to customize things to the ES experience that now are either unavailable or would have to be paid for to add on to the basic platform. This stuff seems to have regular and varying glitches, too.

Now trust me, I'm not setting you up, but I was curious as to when you think "the old ES was" and if you are willing. what you actually mean by tips & tricks. Not trying to have you "give anything up"---if it's stuff you'd rather not post, don't sweat it.

One reason I ask is I really miss the previous software and look---so many "free" tweaks we could use to customize things to the ES experience that now are either unavailable or would have to be paid for to add on to the basic platform. This stuff seems to have regular and varying glitches, too.

I could be wrong, since it's been a couple of years now. Memories are often times more warm than realities.

I recall it being easier to look up posters' history. I could find out more, quicker. I also think it was easier to find old threads, although there was a delay before you could search again.

The smilies of course. :ols: :rotflmao: etc...

I liked how the avatars were linked to post count as well. Finding a user's join date and location were right there as well.

I think the new site is MUCH more mobile friendly and I'm using mobile 90% of the time myself. That is a HUGE upgrade. I'm sure there are a bevy of other upgrades with the new site that I would miss if it all the sudden went back to the old site (vbulliten I think it was).

Sorry I don't really have many particulars, I just recall it being easier to find out more about the poster that I was interacting with among other things.

Evil Genius...

I really thought the Eers were gonna pull it out early in the second half. But some questionable calls, turnovers, and no one being able to find the rim there at the end sealed their fate. Shame. Staten is too good to not see the later rounds of a Big XII Tourney.

Baylor handles the ball to well for WVU. They are one of the few B12 teams who constantly matches up bad against WVU (for WVU). 

I hope they don't draw too tough of a 6-11 or 7-10 game in the first round...and if they can get past that game, I think they have a unique matchup for any of the top seeds. You don't face 60 minute pressing teams too often in college ball.

What am I going to do with my endless supply of Flannel and Hubble Telescope Glasses jokes now that Moco is gone:(

lol. I've been rollin' with "bud" a lot recently lol.

That's ok dude. Dude, I know what you mean. Like dude, it's hard to stop saying certain words dude. Dude, I think I said dude too much. Dude.

Thanks Spring, and I agree with you on everything, except I RARELY use my phone except to call or occasionally text, so I benefit zero from the new stuff.

I choose to hold on to some dinosaur traits. I may finally be close to succumbing to getting a Facespace account. Shoot me now.

OTOH, I see my flip-phone is now the darling hip item among the Hollywood cognoscenti (a demographic I always dreamed being a part of).

What am I going to do with my endless supply of Flannel and Hubble Telescope Glasses jokes now that Moco is gone:(

That's ok dude. Dude, I know what you mean. Like dude, it's hard to stop saying certain words dude. Dude, I think I said dude too much. Dude.

Well we still have Doc and his Tyron Lue Game 1 of the '01 NBA Finals ankles lookin ass

You making fun of me, dude?

I use it waaayyy too much, but hubby does too, even calling my dad "dude " once ...

I said "Honey, he has a title, it's 'Reverend'(with a giggle, we all did) ...

Then hubby said, "Ok then, Reverend Dude ..."

Baylor handles the ball to well for WVU. They are one of the few B12 teams who constantly matches up bad against WVU (for WVU). 

I hope they don't draw too tough of a 6-11 or 7-10 game in the first round...and if they can get past that game, I think they have a unique matchup for any of the top seeds. You don't face 60 minute pressing teams too often in college ball.

Yeah, I think them and Kansas give WVU fits every time they play. I mean granted, it's Baylor and KU. But WVU has a lot of talent on that team.

Yeah, the first game of the NCAA Tourney is gonna be the true test I think. Gotta get that confidence that only comes with a tournament victory and ride that momentum.

Thanks Spring, and I agree with you on everything, except I RARELY use my phone except to call or occasionally text, so I benefit zero from the new stuff.

I choose to hold on to some dinosaur traits. I may finally be close to succumbing to getting a Facespace account. Shoot me now.

OTOH, I see my flip-phone is now the darling hip item among the Hollywood cognoscenti (a demographic I always dreamed being a part of).

Andrew Luck syndrome with the flip phone.

You making fun of me, dude?

I use it waaayyy too much, but hubby does too, even calling my dad "dude " once ...

I said "Honey, he has a title, it's 'Reverend'(with a giggle, we all did) ...

Then hubby said, "Ok then, Reverend Dude ..."

I'd never do that dude. Dude you should know me by now.

I don't know why I go into the ****ing Stadium anymore.  I can't control myself from arguing that our team is not in good shape and not a couple of years away from being a super bowl contender.  All the constant "putting words in my mouth" responses, etc.  

It's very simple.  We are not a good football team.  Scot needs at least two drafts and two FA periods to put us into a position to be a playoff caliber team.  Super Bowl........if we get lucky and follow in Seattle's footsteps, that would happen after four years of drafting/FA, assuming we hit on some great talent at late rounds.

It's not that I don't have faith in the man and he needs a chance to work his magic.  Granted with our ownership and Bruce as VP, until I see them letting him work his magic, I will continue to be skeptical.  And like always, will continue to religiously pull for this team through thick and thin.

Another thing that bugs me.  People over valuing the talent we do bring in (in some cases, not all cases).  I know, life gives you lemons you make lemonade (Tazette said that to me the other day lol).  But in the case of FA, when you have lemons and replace them with lemons, you still have lemons.

Archived