Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

the business side of the NFL makes me nauseous.   Owners negotiate as a collective group out of one side of their face with the public sector for the right to operate as unregulated collusive local monopolies and monopsonies, and then out of the other side of their face with players and fans... "our hands our tied.. so sad   :( "

lots of people (commie bastages, mostly) may like to attack successful businesses in general.  it is *usually* overwrought, or uncalled for.... but i find NFL owners to be amongst the most worthy of scorn and repulsion, out of the whole crowd.  They are among the fiew that really DO fit the mold of the despicable disgraceful robberbarron molds of yesteryear.  THey are all basically characters out of Babbit, or some other Sinclair Lewis story...  

And with Goodell in his Vader mask ruling the Death Star. I'm done defending the NFL in any way shape or form. If I ever wrote a letter to Goodell that topic would be the very first and most damning question in my mind. The fact that I or any other lifelong die hard fan of an NFL franchise has had to answer the question, "How can you enjoy and support such an organization?"

I don't understand how you can consider yourself a success on any front outside of monetarily if the people that support you and help you bring in that money have to constantly answer that question. I'm done coming up with reasons. I'm a fan of the game of football, and the professional league of my favorite sport is a corrupt, evil, and downright nasty organization that has had NUMEROUS opportunities to right itself. To prove that they give even some semblance of a **** about the people that support it, and have failed miserably on all fronts. Goodell has had the chance to make huge changes in the perception of his league and the way he does business and has failed. There is no excuse for your business to conjure up the image of excused domestic abuse and violent crime upon first mention and not the sport that it governs. There is no excuse for your supporters to only tolerate your behavior and disciplinary actions because you're the only game in town. Zero. And until this league can make a significant change I can't consider it anything else but evil.  

And this is coming from someone who is FAR from being anti-corporation or capitalism or anything of the sort.

So stupid question about being banned...if you username gets banned cant you just create another one and start posting?

I dont know a lot about computer/IT stuff so pardon my ignorance. 

You can try. But doing so earns you a worse penalty. Usually worst than the original. If your first offense is holding, then creating the second name and posting is shoving your opponent into the ground after the whistle.

So stupid question about being banned...if you username gets banned cant you just create another one and start posting?

Yeah, but they'll know its you. Thats like being wanted for murder, fleeing town, and buying some Hardees in the next state with your credit card

i looked a few pages back, and Moco's name is grayed out...can't even click on it.  That's a bad sign, right?  if someone has been temp-banned, can't you usually click on their name, and then visit their profile?

Moco's username looks like its been frozen in carbonite. 

Someone who does that, would likely be doing it not long after being banned and would likely be using the same IP address as the banned account. I'm sure admin privileges allow a moderator to see that. Or, doing something really silly like using the same email address as the banned account. Either way, it's probably fairly easy to catch. 

I've thought about making a dupe account to amuse the people of ES...

Then of course I'd get caught and all the time I've invested in helping make this place great would be wasted. Plus, my good name would be lost.

I was on another forum years ago, and there was this dude named duane that always had a avi picture of him with a jacked up afro.  somebody made a dupe account and named it "Duane's Bush" and the person would always post in the RTT thread there about how he was feeling sad and neglected and wishing somebody could help him.  you had to be there, but it was belly-acher laughs

so?  is MOCO gonzo for good?  

is there anyway to know these things?? 

I wrote this below in reply to jpage yesterday, but held it back. But since this keeps going on and more questions arise, we'll do a PSA/tutorial (all your guys' fault!  :lol:)

jpage520, on 12 Mar 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here that maybe MoCo's vacation came from another thread. One speaking about a specific TV show that a few of us in this thread follow religiously. Btw, thanks for turning that conversation back to the actual show Jumbo. It was getting a little weird lol. Did you take an ES vacation? Feel like I didn't see you post much at all last week. Missed out on a good audio conversation in here.

I moved my residence.  :)

(run out of town once again)

But I do choose to get away from ES for a week (or month) every so often and recommend the same to others as a regular exercise. 

was just going to let any talk about moco's departure to die off and not comment, but the "why" he's gone is (as always) about rules and guidelines (the latter more applying to the bigger picture of the site as a whole and as a community) violations that include more than any one (or any five) posts in this case.

And yes, there were several recent ones in a couple threads that continued the issues even after the mercy/efforts/patience that was extended.

How much of all this dysfunctional back-n-forth all this time was faux and how much was real on his end matters in his life, but becomes much less material when evaluating his content and affect in the forum. So yes, he's gone for good and whatever the deal is, I only wish him well.

And to be blunt, but still with love to RTT regs :), there were some poor judgments in posting being made by more than moco in this matter over time, IMO.

Added today:

And yes, Sin, we used to ban some members just from specific forums, too. We had all kinds of flexibility with the old forum software that we've lacked the last few years. Per ban lengths, sometimes some infractions have an auto-set for a length of time, and sometimes we can still vary things according to judgment. 

And yes, we (especially me) are very good at spotting dupes and do have more than IPS matches as tools, though sometimes we may let such accts exist for varying lengths of time.

The truth has long been that one can enjoy a very wide latitude of posting behaviors here (obviously) and be fine. It's usually pure excessive and repeated self-indulgence (which includes continued ignorance of the rules) that gets people in serious trouble. 

The site makes it clear what a member's priority is right on the rules page. I suggest all members take the time---stretch it out---to really read/know the rules.

Cant say that I'll miss MoCo the poster, but I hope the person really gets it together. Dont think ive ever come across someone with such a startling lack of common sense.

I still remember that time that someone outed their own dup account by signing their original name to the bottom of the post.

Good times.

- Sarge

i keed.

Over and out, in a Blaze of Glory

Lololol

Archived