Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

5:30 and the suns still out. Praise the lord. Winter is so depressing, with the short ass days.

Cant imagine those people that live in areas that get no sun for like months on end. I'd end up losing it.

Yup, exactly why I love daylight savings time. I go to college in CT and in the winter it gets dark at like 5...right around dinner. And it sucks. Winter all around is depressing, like you said. So happy that its starting to get warmer :)

Everyone is all about the sriracha sauce now. It's on Taco Bell's tacos, Lays flavored chips and Pizza Hut's pizza crust. Sriracha is so ****ing hipster. It's been around for decades. All the sudden it's a craze. Lame.

(Sriracha is great)

I read an article about it in the Baltimore Sun a few months ago. Some interesting points:

David Tran, a Vietnamese refugee who built the pepper empire from nothing, never trademarked the term, opening the door for others to develop their own sauce or seasoning and call it Sriracha.

Restaurant chains and candy and snack makers aren't buying truckloads of Tran's green-capped condiment emblazoned with the rooster logo. Nor are they paying Tran a dime in royalties to use the word "Sriracha" (pronounced "see-RAH-cha").

"In my mind, it's a major misstep," said Steve Stallman, president of Stallman Marketing, a food business consultancy. "Getting a trademark is a fundamental thing."

At the same time, Tran has signed licensing agreements with a handful of specialty producers such as Rogue, which brews a Sriracha hot stout beer packaged in a red bottle and green cap to look like Huy Fong's signature sauce, and Pop Gourmet, which makes a Sriracha popcorn and will soon release a Sriracha seasoning spice.

Even with these partnerships, Tran doesn't charge any royalty fees. All he asks is that they use his sauce and stay true to its flavor.

The guy who created it seems like an awesome dude.

- I'm much more of a Fall and Winter guy than Summer. I'll take shivering over sweating any day. I hate heat.

- The statements from Stephen A Smith bug me. Anyone who does what he did bugs me. There is absolutely no reason at all we should be INSERTING racism anywhere. There is sadly way too much as it is. It's only adding to the problem.

- It is nice that it's still light out when I leave work now.

- Gotta be careful in pretty much all convention style food scenarios. Having worked so many of them, I've seen some **** in those back hallways and kitchen corridors of those hotels. Check all the dates of anything packaged. If anything tastes odd, toss it, because it probably is.

Chip Kelly's moves are more stupidity based than racist.

I've never understood how cheap ass Lurie gets his way with not paying his players every year.

edit..they are the A's of the NFL.

That's not fair to the A's. They've won Championships. Even in the modern Era.

So at this point are the Iggles SF East? Or are the Niners Philly West?

Personally I think the Iggles are still in better shape. Only because of Kelly's system. He's always implemented a "Next man up" mentality and obviously this is no different. The primary difference though is the talent mismatch in the pros is far less prevalent.

That's not fair to the A's. They've won Championships. Even in the modern Era.

25 years ago. 

Hell, the Skins have won a SB since the A's last won the WS.

The A's under their current cheap ass ownership (and moneyball philosophy because of it) is definitely comparable to the Lurie owned Iggles. Good talent, good drafting, and a lingering inability to keep playmakers or make the deals to put them over the top because their owner is too cheap to do so. 

baseball is fundamentally differnt from football today.  Baseball owners can operate like Jack Kent Cooke used to... be deep pocketed, and that makes winners....

football today, you lose by NOT being cheap enough.  If you get tied to expensive players, or pay your good players like they are really good players, you get screwed.   

(it makes me sick that this is the case... the owners have rigged the system so they HAVE to be cheap... and with sad forlorn eyes, rake in all the profits themselves)

UGH

Sick today.  Not normal person sick, but just that icky sneezing body ache sick.  Good ol' army medicines still in my veins.

45 min and I'll call MrsGoon to come medevac me out, so I don't have to use sick time (been at work for 4 hours)

sneeze

And the wonderful thing is: Its such a pain in the ass to get Sudafed now.  'Murica

And the wonderful thing is: Its such a pain in the ass to get Sudafed now. 'Murica

Personally speaking, decongestants in pill form don't do squat for me. Nasal sprays do the job fast and work wonders though. I can do a line faster than Jon Jones off Arianny's lack of an ass within 15 minutes.

(Nah, never done cocaine)

For the other symptoms though, I hit up some cold/flu syrup. Anything but Robitussin. Not going to purposely enter dimension X again. Be like "Am I dreaming!?!?" Nope, definitely awake. I'd consider those bad trips, although there weren't any imaginary monsters or MLSkins attacking me or anything. I wasn't curled up in a fetal position, just had to sit down and try to reach a zen-like acceptance with this incredible buzz.

You know, now that I think about it...Robotripping is like going to sleep sober, and waking up super drunk. The buzz is a lot like the spinning feeling when you've had too much to drink.

My problem with the football setup is that because only the bonus is guaranteed while players base salary escalates. The player can be out the door in an instant...thus we rarely have any player that is a franchise player in todays NFL.

Then the shortening of the draft doesn't help either. I am not a guy that is a draftnik. Guys like Byner, Marshall, etc., but they were late round players (yes I know the Redskins did not draft them) ...hell even Rypien was a 6th rounder.

Archived