Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I stopped eating after 8-9 a few years ago. Lost 40 pounds and have maintained that in spite of my love for beer. That doesn't count as food. It's mostly water anyway. Seriously though I cut out sodas besides a sip here or there.

If I actually put in the effort, I could probably easily lose 20 more pounds.

I still eat like crap though a few meals a week.

I'm a fan of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked froyo. It's the tits.

I need to drop about 10 lbs.

Just got done letting that long time employee go. Well I didn't, the business owner did. I just had to sit in on it as an observer. Poor guy.

Yeah, Half Baked and Peanut Butter Fudge Core were the death of me.  I am not usually a big desert guy, though I have a weakness for good ice-cream and Reese's Cups.  Other than that, I rarely eat sweets on a regular basis.  But I went on a two month splurge, late at night, around midnight/1am eating it, then going straight to bed.

I stopped eating after 8-9 a few years ago. Lost 40 pounds and have maintained that in spite of my love for beer. That doesn't count as food. It's mostly water anyway. Seriously though I cut out sodas besides a sip here or there.

If I actually put in the effort, I could probably easily lose 20 more pounds.

I still eat like crap though a few meals a week.

Yeah, I try to get my meals in by 7-8pm, 9pm on the weekends.  I'm convinced that eating crap/junk as late as I was and as old as I'm getting was the main culprit of probably the last 20 lbs I've gained.  I'm with ya, I keep beer in my diet.  Though I've cut it back a lot.  While I enjoy imports and drink them regularly, I often drink Miller Lite which is 92 calories.

I honestly don't need to use the app (Lose It) to count my calories.  For the most part, I know what to eat, what to drink, what to limit, what to change.  Even if I splurge on one meal a week, it's not going to derail my entire diet.  But, I've noticed that counting them keeps me focused on the goal.  And my biggest problem right now, has been staying committed until the job is done.  

I'll start losing weight, then be like, pffft, I can do this anytime I want.  Then slump back into some bad eating habits.  

Yeah, Miller Lite is my go to for just hanging out around the house for game day or whatever.

Wife tells me if that I stop drinking beer alone that I would lose the ~15 pounds that I would love to. I'm not giving up my beer. She's lost her mind.

The thing that has maintained me is only eating until full, eliminated sodas (mostly), and none of the late night.

Just got off the scale 198.5. I was a little over 240 just 5 years ago.

Hell, I had Five guys on Monday night and it was delicious. I can't go full on diet. I tried that it made my greedy days worse.

Good Luck man.

Yeah, Miller Lite is my go to for just hanging out around the house for game day or whatever.

Wife tells me if that I stop drinking beer alone that I would lose the ~15 pounds that I would love to. I'm not giving up my beer. She's lost her mind.

The thing that has maintained me is only eating until full, eliminated sodas (mostly), and none of the late night.

Just got off the scale 198.5. I was a little over 240 just 5 years ago.

Hell, I had Five guys on Monday night and it was delicious. I can't go full on diet. I tried that it made my greedy days worse.

Good Luck man.

Thanks man.  It's gonna be an adventure.  Last time I hit 198 was back in 2005/2006.  Lowest I got after that was after Tazette was born, back in 2009, I had gotten down to 208 off nothing but diet change (no working out, no beer elimination).

Right now, hitting 240 is my first goal, then breaking 220 back into the 215 range.  I'm positive I can hit my first goal.  Second goal will require more discipline along with a regular workout routine, which I plan to start back up this week with cardio, just 15-30 mins/day walking until I work my way back into a full routine.

I will say this, I was angry hungry Monday night lol.  Last night, wasn't bad at all though.  Pretty sure Monday a mental thing.  I've actually accounted for a few beers in my daily allowance, so I can enjoy them while I watch a ball game or play some PS4 and stay at or under my daily allowance.

Past two days I've been under my allowance by 84 and 234 last night.  I'm like you, not going to cut out the beer completely.  And won't need to if I do things right.  I've eaten good meals and made sure that the foods I've eaten are nutritious and filling.  When I really look at it, I've just eliminated the junk/crap foods.

I always said my best shape was when I worked out and played ball 3 times a week. That was around 20 years ago. I was at 185. Today I think 170 would be best...that is nearly unattainable.

Because of my insane blood pressure...there is not a realistic option for good cardio besides the walking that I do all the time, or an elliptical.

Thinking of starting to lift again or something light.  Certainly none of that P90X stuff.

I'm a Yuengling man 100%. Big fan of lagers in general. For some reason I've hated Miller Lite since I first started drinking beer. Just tastes terrible to me. And I typically enjoy Pilsners. Yeah, I enjoy craft beers. But I think most people do and still have their "everyday beer" so to speak. That one's Yuengling for me. Probably holds so near and dear because it was my college beer. Down in central FL you can get kegs of Yueng for so cheap since there's a brewery in Tampa. My fiancee took me to the original brewery in Pottsville, PA for my birthday last year. Spent a weekend up there. Brewery was amazing. Lol It's a good thing I'm poor and not a fool with my money otherwise I would've bought at least one of everything in the gift shop. Stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in town. You could tell that Pottsville was an awesome little town at one point. Little hilly city out in the mountains. But when you walk through it now and see all the empty shop windows collecting dust and run down stuff it's kinda sad. The brewery IS that town. Fun fact, it's actually the home of the Pottsville Maroons. The team to win the first pro football championship.

Good luck, Taze!

Yeah, later in the evening eating is bad for me too.  Have been cutting that out. Working to drop lbs too and get in better shape. I actually use the myfitnesspal app, to help me track what I'm eating. For me - it resonates more, when I can see in writing what I've been eating and helps make better food choices.  Worked out this morning - that was accomplishment in itself! Based on my schedule, before work fits best for me.

RTT peeps - get our fitness on this year!

And, I'm with you Taze and Kosh - can't give up my beer completely - No way!

I'm at 185. I was down to about 170 before I quit smoking in October 2013. Since then I've been working out (moderately, abs, core, chest and arms) 3-4 times a week (almost a year of that now) and playing hockey twice a week. I've let my diet slip up a little bit. Still no sodas though. Need to give up pizza again. Hopefully in spring time I can shed 10 lbs pretty quickly.

Still a 34 waist though, so that's cool.

I always said my best shape was when I worked out and played ball 3 times a week. That was around 20 years ago. I was at 185. Today I think 170 would be best...that is nearly unattainable.

Because of my insane blood pressure...there is not a realistic option for good cardio besides the walking that I do all the time, or an elliptical.

Thinking of starting to lift again or something light.  Certainly none of that P90X stuff.

I've been thinking of doing light lifting, free weights at home.  If I can get back to where I want to be, it might get to the point where I have to join a gym again, which I really hate with the 2 year contracts.  

Baby steps though, I gotta focus on the now and implementing the right mindset/routine and changing up some more habits and following it consistently, that's been my major problem.  Cheat days are great, but I can't take 3 of them (Friday night, Sat. and Sun.) lol. 

Good luck, Taze!

Yeah, later in the evening eating is bad for me too.  Have been cutting that out. Working to drop lbs too and get in better shape. I actually use the myfitnesspal app, to help me track what I'm eating. For me - it resonates more, when I can see in writing what I've been eating and helps make better food choices.  Worked out this morning - that was accomplishment in itself! Based on my schedule, before work fits best for me.

RTT peeps - get our fitness on this year!

And, I'm with you Taze and Kosh - can't give up my beer completely - No way!

Thanks broski.  I don't know if it was bad timing or luck or a little of both.  But man, when I got on that scale and realized that this was the fattest and most I've weighed in my life, it was one of my most depressing moments.  Like a punch to the gut (pun intended).  I had finally decided to **** instead of getting off the pot, and to go into it thinking you were going to weigh 8-10 lbs less than you did and to see that, man.

My ultimate goal is to get to 280-270 by my 30th birthday.

They say the ideal weight for that height and age is 175 - 212. That ain't happening. I'll be looking like a smooth pipe head if I weighed 175.

My range is 155 - 194 lbs.  That is not possible right now, imo.  I weighed 155 soaking wet when I was in 10th grade.  Weighed around 165-170 my senior year of high school through college, was in the best shape of my life.  But I looked like ****ing Skeletor.  

Right now, 240 is the goal.  Then 215.  Then we will see what happens.  

I'm in the same boat Taze I guess. If I can get to 280 in the next 4 years, that's gravy. After that, it's all about taking small bits out at a time.

I got a plan to drop these pounds, I just can't do it. Can't wait to finish school. I think that's why I can't seem to drop it all. From exercising to eating right, when school starts I mess up.  

I'll jump in. I've been...umm...curvacious since I was a kid...

All grown up I still have a gut. But I've kept myself in the 260-280 range since college. Closer to 250 last I weighed myself. Although I'm 6'1 and just a generally large built guy, I'm still a little heavier than I wanna be.

Law students are the most impatient mofos on the planet I swear.

Okay so my job is just to basically sit in a room with two printers and take the print jobs off the printers and put them in a basket whenever they come up for the students. So half the time I'll be standing up over the printer waiting for a print job to finish and I'll pick it up turn around walk 3 ft and put it in the basket and while I have my back turned a law student will come all the way around to the back entrance which you have to walk down 2 hallways to get it and come in the room and start standing over the printer themselves like a hawk.

Its so annoying because my boss always is yelling at me for letting people come into the room but its like....theres not even a door on the backside? What am I suppose to do? Every 5 minutes scold someone my age that they are not suppose to be back here? Nah

Archived