Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

That's all she wrote.

Back to my mafia documentaries. I'm starting to run out so if anyone has any good suggestions of docs to watch on YouTube (any subject) please feel free to pass it along :)

You looked at just the 5 families? You could look at the bootleggers, guys like Dutch Schultz, or the hit crews (Murder Inc, The DeMeo Crew), the Chicago Outfit/Vegas stuff

Also the Philly Mob and "Skinny" Joey Merlino

You looked at just the 5 families? You could look at the bootleggers, guys like Dutch Schultz, or the hit crews (Murder Inc, The DeMeo Crew), the Chicago Outfit/Vegas stuff

Yeah, most of them have been about the rise of the 5 families with a side of some of the other nuts. I might start focusing on the Chicago outfit next.

You don't take the points. You go for it on the road.

You leave them with the entire field to drive to score if you fail.

Especially that early in the game.

Part of me agrees, but part of me says take the points.  I dunno, its always easier to say what should have been done afterwards.  The final outcome is so unpredictable while going on.  

Regular season, I'd say 10 out of 10 times, go for it on the road, play to tie at home.  Probably a good thing Im not an NFL coach lol :P

Awesome interview of Mario Cuomo by Diane Rehm from 1995 on NPR right now. Dated in some parts (the discussion of Colin Powell's decision to run for president in 1996), Very prescient in other parts (unease about the polarization of the political process, worry about the political gimmick of the contract for America and the rise of regressive conservative social policy, worry about the growth of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism, etc.).

What a remarkable political talent and public servant he was. It makes me sad that his brand of assured, rational, compassionate and well-informed progressivism died off so much in the national political arena--that basic social progress and progressive thinking that a Cuomo liberal took for granted were challenged and abandoned during the Bush presidency.

It pisses me off that being a liberal and progressive like Cuomo became anathema from 2000 to oh, about 2007.

I upgraded to an iPhone 6 this past weekend from an iPhone 4. What do you do with your old phones? I see on ebay there's a market for them. Not much but any money back is better than a paper weight and the phone is in great condition. But I also have little kids, they love playing with my phone. You think it's just worth keeping it as a toy and something they can watch stuff on through wifi? 

I upgraded to an iPhone 6 this past weekend from an iPhone 4. What do you do with your old phones? I see on ebay there's a market for them. Not much but any money back is better than a paper weight and the phone is in great condition. But I also have little kids, they love playing with my phone. You think it's just worth keeping it as a toy and something they can watch stuff on through wifi? 

I gave mine to my daughter (she's 6).  I had added a bunch of games/kids apps on it for her when it was activated and she would play on it then.  Just deactivated it, cleaned it up, and let her have it.  She loves the fact that "its her phone" now.  She plays her games and watches Netflix on it.  

Saturday night, I walked up to the bonus room, she had the door shut, lights out and was watching one of her shows on Netflix while laying on the couch with a blanket over top of her head lol.  

Archived