Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

What I meant was that I usually drink imported beers but in Arkansas its hard to find imported so you have to get domestic

Well I am pretty feminine

How hard is it to get a Corona these days?

(Wouldn't drink it if dying of thirst...)LOL

You just made me truly miss Moosehead.(cheap Canadian, but if fresh, damn nice).

How "imported" are you trying to get? I know a Tuborg Gold and a Bellhaven are probably both a "no-go", but I developed that taste in a bar that served 450 beers year-round, maybe more depending on the season nowadays. What taste are you trying to find?

People get depressing when they are drunk. I hate it.

Yeah, once the "woo-hoo!" stage is over, it's all f'd up.

In technical speak, alcohol IS a depressant. But overall, I find it a mood amplifier (like money). 

Not that I was ever a heavy drinker, but I'd lace up by drinking boots and in college and in my 20s I was a fixture at the bar several times a week. Maybe I was a heavy drinker?? But in the last year, I've dialed it back even choosing not to when it's offered. 

I'm not sure why. Probably just a phase.

I ****ing paid Friday morning, 8 AM for a bobble on Ebay

It's Sunday morning, 8 AM and that said bobble STILL hasn't shipped 

What gives?

Before you complain about me being impatient keep in mind that prior Ebay purchases have shipped WITHIN MINUTES of payment received. WITHIN MINUTES. So what the **** is the holdup. Get me my bobble.

I like a good cider. I'll admit it.

Hell yeah, nothing wrong with a cider.  I prefer to drink mine in the form of a Snakebite (Guinness on top, cider on bottom - for those that don't know what they are).

Caring what other people think of what you drink is inherently unmanly. 

There are certain things one should care about and not care about, what beer you drink is one of them.  Be warned though, if one likes Mikes Hard Pink Lemonade, and is male, prepare to be joked with along with what is considered girly beers.  My friends and I give each other **** all the time about that stuff.  

One of my friends likes Bud Lite Lime, we'd bust his balls for it, At a wedding reception, our group was sitting at our table, he asked if they had Bud Light Lime, so I was like, "Yep, they actually do."  Taking the bait, with a semi-excited look, "Really, where I didn't see it?"  Me, "It's in the ladies room beside the tampon dispenser."

They give me **** about drinking Miller Lite, all of them are Bud drinkers.  I drink a ton of imports to, but my domestic beers of choice are Miller Lite, Yuengling, Sam Adams Boston Lager (I refuse the label of import, its made in Boston).  Guinness is my favorite beer without a doubt though.

Yeah, when it gets to that stage in drinking (for some) it's a party downer man.  Kind of amazing that as mentioned above, while technically a depressant, it seems to act like a stimulant as well, depending on the mood of the individual.  Anytime I've drank in my life because I was upset about something (job, death, etc.), it never turned out well, I don't do that anymore.  

My advice is don't drink (but if you do, don't to the point of being drunk) to solve a problem, it's never the answer.  If you gonna drink, be happy and festive.  Hoping someone doesn't kill the mood/vibe.

Might get a 2015 Honda CR-V soon. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated

What's your budget?  That's a nice SUV. I would recommend going to the autoshow next week at the Convention center before making a decision.  Literally every single make is there from every single automaker.  You get to talk to the reps and sit in each of the cars

I love my doggy to bits. 

She's an 11 year old, ti-coloured border collie. A sheep dog. One of, if not the smartest breed going. 

I HATE veterinarians!

A few years back, she got out of the yard early one morning and got knocked down. Broke her leg. (Side note: How resillient are animals? Bone sticking out of her shoulder. Front left leg in bits and she never even whimpered let alone cried.). The orthopedic work cost around $ 1800. I foolishly hadn't gotten her insured at the time. Fast forward to the present. She's been limping bad all week sop I took her to the vets yesterday. After forst fearing she had cancer, and x ray showed the plate they inserted in her leg his moved and need to come out. Another 425 bucks for the x ray but I can at least claim most of that back off the insurance. The op to remove the plate I'm not so lucky with, The vets are not liable and the insurance won't pay out on a previous injury. So this Thursday, when she has the op, I have ANOTHER 1,500 bucks to find UPFRONT as they don't bill you for such large sums. 

I HATE vets!  :angry:

Hail. 

I think it's pretty cool that SF hired the last caveman on earth to lead their squad.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/16/jim-tomsula-needs-to-work-on-his-interview-game/

I think he's another coach without head coaching/coordinator experience in the NFL, thrown to the wolves while the brass figure out the next coach they want to lead the team back to glory.  

When your NFL resume is d-line coach and Interim Head Coach for a whopping final game of the season against another ****ty team (Cardinals), and you get promoted to Head Coach.......screams Zorn, Vinny and Dan all over again.

He also said he would do head coaching duties and not call any plays and appeared to infer that he would not have any input on critical game calls on 3rd down, etc.  Really sounds like a puppet coach to me.  I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I can't imagine having that minimum/no experience, watching your HC get fired after leading the team to 3 straight NFC Championships (one Super Bowl) and a non-losing season at 8-8 this year, then getting offered his job.  Guy has to say yes, career and money wise, even if he suspects he is coaching fodder and scapegoat.

Yeah, I agree with Taze on this primarily. Guinness is great, I am surprised at how few people I actually come across that drink it though. I used to drink black and tans like they were going out of style when I was a kid.

I don't really give a rats ass if you prefer fruity martini's, but expect a little ribbing about it.

Someone mentioned a good cider, I am not so much of a cider drinker, but I love me some apple pie shine.  Delicious.

That would be like that one guy posting pics of his wife in the Zoony Bin thread lol.  

haha, glad I didn't see that.

watching an old episode of knight rider on youtube.  Goliath returns.  Man this brings back memories of my childhood!

Ha Ha. A few weeks back I was the same ..... back to back episodes of 'Airwolf' and 'The A-Team.'

I was in heaven.  :lol:.

And then I find out the BBC are re-running 'The Rockford Files' early in an afternoon. Let's just say the planners set for that too. Lol. 

Hail. 

If you test drive it, check the blind spots.  The supports on either side of the back window create large blind spots.  Otherwise I think it is a fine choice.

I'm going to get one myself after my refi goes through.

Looking to get the AWD Touring model with Navi.

A have a Civic Si, 2 door right now. With taking the kid to daycare every day I've learned that one should never have a car seat in a 2 door car. So it's time to trade the Si in.

At first it was a toss up between a 2015 Pilot or Highlander. The issue is that I want AWD and the most optioned out package. That's going to cost me close to $40k if I go with a Pilot or Highlander.

So I started looking into the CRV and Rav 4. Between the two I like the styling, look, options and space of the CRV more. I can get am optioned out 2015 CRV Touring with AWD and Navi for around $30k or so.

Also, as China mentioned, the blind spots. I think on the higher models of CRV they have cameras that come on when you put on the turn signal.

... I still need to visit a dealer to make sure a car seat fits like I'd want it to.

Archived