Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

After I graduate, I want to buy a house. Eff paying rent; I want to put money on owning my house. How serious am I? I'm putting my whole tax return into a savings account and will continue to feed that joint as much as I can. Dead serious...

I am in the same boat but the places i went to move, the places are still too expensive.  And also i am not sure if i want to settle there.  I think i am going to rent where i went to while buying an investment property to put on rent so i can live for free. 

After I graduate, I want to buy a house. Eff paying rent; I want to put money on owning my house. How serious am I? I'm putting my whole tax return into a savings account and will continue to feed that joint as much as I can. Dead serious...

Damn, time flies. This bama is serious about stacking paper and making a serious investment.

ES has had a profound influence on you.

We always keep an old iPhone just in case someone breaks their phone or gets damaged 

Yeah, I keep my wife's old Blackberry for that same reason. We have at least 3 old phones.

Just a counter thought. I'm a homeowner but I don't believe buying a house is the right personal/financial choice for everyone. Yes, you're building equity but a house can limit potential mobility to a different area for a more lucrative job. If commute time matters to you, you may find all of a sudden that you can get a new, better paying job that has a horrendous commute. 

The other thing to consider is that cost of homeownership is probably 1.5-2x of your mortgage (maintenance, furnishing, taxes). So while rent maybe as much or more than a mortgage don't forget to calculate hidden costs. 

As many people learned in 2008, real estate does not always rise in value. 

Lifestyle: owning can be a time, money, and labor intensive endeavor. If you're young and just out of school may not want to saddle yourself with that.

on the flipside, there are many great things.

When my brother in law was young, he bought in Capitol Hill for a small amount. It was still a shady area. But he got roommates and their rent covered his entire mortgage so he lived rent free. About a decade ago sold it and made like a $500K profit.

I gave mine to my daughter (she's 6).  I had added a bunch of games/kids apps on it for her when it was activated and she would play on it then.  Just deactivated it, cleaned it up, and let her have it.  She loves the fact that "its her phone" now.  She plays her games and watches Netflix on it.  

Saturday night, I walked up to the bonus room, she had the door shut, lights out and was watching one of her shows on Netflix while laying on the couch with a blanket over top of her head lol.  

haha yeah. I think I'm going to keep it. 

Yeah, we got her (age 4) this painting easel for Xmas but we kept the box it came in. She made a fort in there. Shoved blankets in there and watches her shows on a tablet. Our younger one (age 1.5) got jealous of her club house, so we got her a smaller box and set it up right next to her sister's. She doesn't really get it yet, so she just sits inside her box. It's kinda hilarious because she's perfectly content babbling to herself. 

I hear that E, but I don't plan on leaving the area. I'm a simple person and I just want to do this.

I'm very aware of the hidden costs, been researching this for at least three years now. For some reason, now, I'm just as motivated as ever.

My pockets are incredibly straight. I'm in a stable, yet growing, field in IT. The only thing I need now is for my job to put me on permanently and I'll have a good government job.

My recently added hate stems from the fact that the Packers pretty much played Terminator 2 Pinball with his ass, and he still survives, and provides the clutch touchdown.

I hate it I hate it I hate it. Stop being so damn unflappable and courageous.

Thought I would never have to hear his name again after he left NC State

Little basterd just wont go away and stop tormenting me. Why? Why cant you just fail for once in your life like us normal folk.

ha. I got rid of cable and stopped watching ESPN a few years ago so I have no context for why players are hateable anymore. Isn't RG3 a little cornball too?

Just about everyone aside from skins fans hate Griffin. Hell, even our fans are starting to hate the poor dude.

Hell, even our fans are starting to hate the poor dude.

Yeah, you wouldn't know this was a Skins' fan site with the amount of hate and anger towards Robert that you read in the Stadium...

It just feels like the media falls overthemselves to praise RW.  Don't get me wrong - he doesn't suck.  But the over-the-top fawning gets old.  Which in turn makes their fans cop a attitude and puff their chests when talking about Wilson. So, yes, it is Ok to root against his athletic garden gnome looking ass.  I ain't trying to go out of my way to root for this cat:

russell-wilson-crying-interview.jpg

Yeah, you wouldn't know this was a Skins' fan site with the amount of hate and anger towards Robert that you read in the Stadium...

It just feels like the media falls overthemselves to praise RW. Don't get me wrong - he doesn't suck. But the over-the-top fawning gets old. Which in turn makes their fans cop a attitude and puff their chests when talking about Wilson. So, yes, it is Ok to root against his athletic garden gnome looking ass. I ain't trying to go out of my way...

Lil bamma tryin to take his date to the amusement park and ****, tryin to get on the roller coaster.

Operator be like "Sorry little guy, but theres a height restriction. Maybe one day when you're older..."

Russ gets mad and shouts "GO HAWKS!" Like he's morphing into a power ranger or some ****, and tries to throw hands. Meanwhile the operator laughs and places his hand on Wilsons head while lil Russ Russ flails away at his knees...

I im putting on my new glasses getting ready to do a photo shoot so u guys can see me at my prettiest 

are you able to recreate the meekish, coy, part lookaway thing you did in the Show Yourself thread? 

if you do an all serious Glam-shot, we're gonna bust on you.

Archived