Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Say the word tent. Now say the word tint.

Does it sound like you are saying the same word twice?

Yes. Which is why the english language is the hardest language to learn.

Well, there may be a slight difference. T-eh-nt for tent. T-ih-nt for tint. I can hear a difference.

Here's why I asked. My family was playing Battle of Words (the Ipad's version od Taboo). Bascially a game where you have to guess the word that somebody has without using the forbidden/taboo words.

Anyway, my nephew was up. And the word he had was "tent". But he realized that instead of trying to explain the word "tent", where words like camping, circus, etc, were forbidden, he decided to get us to say the word "tint". I thought it was a brilliant move by my 13 year old nephew. Well my cousin, on the opposing team, decided to take the word away because we said "tint" instead of tent. She tried to convince us the words sounded different. We laughed her out. But I gave up and just took the point away. And we still won...

^Probably the most "random thing I have said in this thread lol...

I taught an ESL class for recent immigrants (all adults) at a Catholic Church for a year (and will again in the future). And also helped my ex (from Brazil) learn English. God it can get maddening. English is just a really, really dumb ****ing language.

Good for Diana Nyad. Swam the shark infested 100 miles from Cuba to Key West. 

For those who don't know about this, guess how long it took her? Cuba to Florida, first person to do it without a shark cage. Oh and she's only 64 years old.

For some weird reason, I just googled Linda Hamilton. I had no idea she was from SoMD. And holy ****, she's in her 50's but the woman looks like she's 76, from recent pictures. Just goes to show you that makeup/anti-aging creams/plastic surgery can only take you so far once you get old. Genes/healthy living have to win out.

There's always one woman I think of whenever that is brought up... Pam Grier. My god.

ooh. Das nice. I'd put Raquel Welch and Bo Derek in that category.

Unfortunately, one of the first pics you see is old ass Helen Mirren topless in a tub.

Looked it up and ran across a MUMMIFIED Donatella Versace. Gross, train-wreck quality to it. 

#whathasbeenseencannotbeunseen

Had Quiznos today, sooo much better then Subway.

I like Subway's tuna, and the pastrami, but yeah, everything else is pretty meh. Jersey Mikes, Jerry's, Quiznos... I'd put all of them above Subway. Unfortunately, for every one of the places I isted, there are like 4 Subways, so inevitably I end up getting a pastrami or a tuna 4-5 days a week for lunch or dinner.

I like Subway's tuna, and the pastrami, but yeah, everything else is pretty meh. Jersey Mikes, Jerry's, Quiznos... I'd put all of them above Subway. Unfortunately, for every one of the places I isted, there are like 4 Subways, so inevitably I end up getting a pastrami or a tuna 4-5 days a week for lunch or dinner.

I never had quiznos before today, I'm kinda offended I liked subway. I must try Jersey mikes and Jerrys.

I love Jerry's subs. Seriously underrated.

Archived