Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Minor rant here, and it's to the people holding their phones during concerts, trying to record ****. Why in the holier than holy hell did you purchase the tickets if all you're going to do is stand there like an idiot, holding your phone? Live in the moment. You want to record something? Record using your brain. Remember where you were, who you were with, what songs were played, how the band/artist sounded, how the crowd was, etc etc. You want video? Buy the DVD ( if one is released). If one isn't released, then you are SOL (but it shouldn't really matter all that much to you, because you were... you know... there.)

How can you even fully enjoy the experience (jumping up and down, singing/dancing) if you're holding a phone. Some people are so obsessed with sharing every single thing that they do nowadays that they've become mindless zombies for all intents and purposes. Live in the moment. Put the damn phone down.

Minor rant here, and it's to the people holding their phones during concerts, trying to record ****. Why in the holier than holy hell did you purchase the tickets if all you're going to do is stand there like an idiot, holding your phone? Live in the moment. You want to record something? Record using your brain. Remember where you were, who you were with, what songs were played, how the band/artist sounded, how the crowd was, etc etc. You want video? Buy the DVD ( if one is released). If one isn't released, then you are SOL (but it shouldn't really matter all that much to you, because you were... you know... there.)

How can you even fully enjoy the experience (jumping up and down, singing/dancing) if you're holding a phone. Some people are so obsessed with sharing every single thing that they do nowadays that they've become mindless zombies for all intents and purposes. Live in the moment. Put the damn phone down.

That mindset is starting to spill into other areas also. If there is a fight or an accident some people will pull their phone out to record rather than call for help... I don't get it.

That mindset is starting to spill into other areas also. If there is a fight or an accident some people will pull their phone out to record rather than call for help... I don't get it.

It's really frustrating. What the hell is happening to people. Couldn't put the **** down if their lives depended on it.

The Fall is must watch Netflix. New TV show set in Northern Ireland, that focuses on two characters; a serial killer and a female detective put in charge to investigate his crimes.

It only has one season so far, but the last episode of the season has one of the most intense TV scenes I've ever scene. 

Sucks it only had 5 episodes in the first season. Each one was so intense. 

Broke up with my girl.  Not sure how I feel.  Sucks to be alone.  She's a great girl. 

Sucks to hurt someone ... having been on both ends of things, the feeling of being the dumper to a great person is almost as painful as being blindsided as the dumpee. I don't really wish the decision/circumstance on anyone. Unless the dumper has a legit reason and the dumpee did something bad ... then not so much ... but if it's just "it's run it's course" and one person is blindsided ... sucks.

I've seen both 6:55 and 7:10 EST listed as kickoff times..does anyone know what the official time is?

I'm hurrying home today and hoping to make it for kickoff.

I've noticed (across sports) that there are always generally two start times, one for the beginning of the broadcast, and one for the beginning of the game. So actual kickoff time may be 7:10 EST. Either way, my ass will be firmly planted on the couch by 6:55.

I seriously might start barking in here in front of everybody. I am AMPED

George Zimmerman taken into custody, and placed in 'investigative detention'

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/us/george-zimmerman-detained/index.html?sr=sharebar_twitter

He might not be guilty of anything, but it's clear he finds a way into controversy/unfortunate situations while a gun is on him....

I was just reading that. No real info from the situation. When the trial ended folks did wonder if he'd have other events with the law. I don't think people expected it so soon though. Speeding, meh. 

The divorce thing will be interesting. She does seem like the type to flip on him and say now that the trial is over that he was lying. Apparently she called 911 and say he threatened her with a gun.

Archived