Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Pretty sure I saw the space station this morning while walking the dogs. 

Was about 5:50A. So around an hour before sunrise. So it's the right time of day for seeing it. Was passing through Orion (one of two constellations I can recognize), moving eastward. (Right direction). 

Was brighter than the stars, and steady, not blinking. Although an aircraft with, say, landing lights on, might not blink much. 

Similarly, it moved a lot faster than the high altitude jets I'm used to seeing. Took maybe 2 seconds to cross Orion. (So it's not a high altitude jet, but it could have been lower. And way too slow for a meteor, unless it was outrageously high.)

And checking some web sites, it looks like it might have been around there, about that time. 

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Was about 5:50A. So around an hour before sunrise. So it's the right time of day for seeing it. Was passing through Orion (one of two constellations I can recognize), moving eastward. (Right direction). 

Was brighter than the stars, and steady, not blinking. Although an aircraft with, say, landing lights on, might not blink much. 

Similarly, it moved a lot faster than the high altitude jets I'm used to seeing. Took maybe 2 seconds to cross Orion. (So it's not a high altitude jet, but it could have been lower. And way too slow for a meteor, unless it was outrageously high.)

And checking some web sites, it looks like it might have been around there, about that time. 

Sounds more like swamp gas...

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm in the Popeyes parking lot looking at signs that say "Sold Out of Sandwiches & Fries".

WTF????

Who goes to Popeyes for sandwiches and fries?  Just get the fried chicken and some red beans and rice.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I still sport my Marcus Washington jersey.

I think he's one of the most underrated players we've ever had.

The defense of that time is defined by Sean Taylor, but Marcus was a beast and a hype machine.  Dude would get everyone so pumped, loved him.

Same here, bro! He was always one of my favorite players. And bonus, since it says "Washington", that jersey always works....

Rogan is great.  Would never have guessed he'd have such a dope podcast.  WIDE range of guests and topics.  He gets people to open up.  Good stuff.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

That sammich is ****ing smack. 

Truer words never spoken.  That **** was life-changing, I moaned while eating it.  

The hype is real, folks.  That Popeyes chicken sammich is the troof.  

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm in the Popeyes parking lot looking at signs that say "Sold Out of Sandwiches & Fries".

WTF????

Some friends in town tried to grab one around 2:30 today...avoid the lunch rush.  

Said it was a madhouse and left after 30 minutes with no sandwich.  2019 is weird.

9 hours ago, Larry said:

I'm a night owl to the core.  go to bed at 6 in the morning and wake up at 2 in the afternoon. I see that joint quite a bit.

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Am I the only one that likes to pack for trips at least a couple days in advance? That way I can just grab my stuff and go the day of and not stress over forgetting stuff.

I usually pack the day or night before I leave. If it's a long trip prolly start packing a week out. 

Archived