Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Warning in advance, that this will offend some people, but it's truth.

Blacklist >>>>>>> Breaking Bad

Not offended.  But it's not really a fair comparison.

Blacklist is fighting with one hand behind it's back because it's on network TV.  And really, the only good thing about that show is Spader.  He's fantastic.  The rest of the characters are largely forgettable.  Really, when was the last time Liz did something that you were blown away by?  What's next, more awkward interactions between Aram and Samar?

But Spader...I mean...

Jesus Christ.  

He does it all, quick one liners.  Serious **** like this.  It's always a great performance.

Breaking Bad wins because it has outstanding performances all across the board.  And the arc of two characters, one going from a wholesome person to thunderous drug lord, one going from wannabe drug lord to a good person...their arcs intersecting together for awhile to create an unbeatable team.  And on the periphery, the other characters/actors are all outstanding.  Hank is fantastic, so is Mike.  Gus.  Skyler, as big of a wet blanket as she can be and annoying as she can be, that actress did an amazing job.  Let's not also forget Saul Goodman, a character so good that they were able to make a successful spin-off based on him.  Blacklist doesn't have anyone worthy of a spin-off, though I'd be most interested in Dembe's backstory.  But the guy that plays Dembe, doesn't have the chops (I don't think, I could be wrong).  And Blacklist is on AMC, so they can get away with some more violence, some bad language here and there.  

If Vince Gilligan was given Blacklist and could put it on AMC, you might be right.

But you're not. :) 

Spades is the man.  I love all of his early softcore p0rn stuff, too.  He did like 3 or 4 Showtime-style softcores. Sex, Lies, & Videotape was the most notable, but he did a few others.  

Spades did "Crash" back in the mid-90s.  His character and a bunch of other weirdos were turned on by gory car accidents.  They'd pull up on the scene of a car crash and have sex while they watched cars burn.  They even got into an accident on purpose and ****ed right there in the car afterwards, with his girlfriend's leg broken and lacerated.  Then later in the movie they were running their finger's through each other's scars all sexy-like.  

It was awesome.  

The Secretary is a movie with Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal about a lawyer named Gray who goes all s&m on his secretary. This was several years before that British woman plagiarized an open source novel for 50 Shades of Gray. Unlike the stupid Shades of Gray movie, the characters are interesting and believable.

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

@Riggo-toni, how are your dogs doing? 🙏🤞

Much better, thanks. The smallest still has some swelling, but the other two are back to normal. They all have to be on antibiotics and anti-coagulants for a few weeks. I also ordered 400 feet of snake fencing and an installation trench digger, so hopefully I don't have to go through this again.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How is this possible

I could say it many ways, but I could put it simplest and possibly phrase it best by saying this :

I've seen every episode of Breaking Bad. And yea thought it was great. But I never had the desire to watch it again.

Blacklist, on the other hand, I could watch the same episodes over and over again, and still enjoy it, because I see

something different in it every time.

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Warning in advance, that this will offend some people, but it's truth.

Blacklist >>>>>>> Breaking Bad

I love Blacklist and Breaking Bad.  With that said, I still think the edge has to go to BB simply because the story is so original and unique.  While Blacklist is awesome in it's own right (and different than other shows of it's genre) it's still a show geared around law enforcement (in this case FBI/task force), politics and catching the bad guys.  Granted what separates it from the rest is obviously Raymond and his black list and the whole story of him and Lizzy, etc.  

I think there are more comparable shows to Blacklist (keeping in mind that each has it's own unique twist - like Alias, Nikita, etc.) than there is to Breaking Bad.  Are there even any shows out there comparable to Breaking Bad?  

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But the guy that plays Dembe, doesn't have the chops (I don't think, I could be wrong).

Dembe's one of my favorites too. Perhaps not spin-off-worthy, like you said, but definitely perfect for that role.

And the type of guy you'd like to see more of.

But I think that's part of what makes him so great. You see so little and know so little about him, so that creates intrigue by itself.

Perhaps if we just opened up his life and it showed some of his "flaws", it wouldn't be the same 😀

@Spaceman Spiff I was just thinking about your idea of possible spin-offs from Blacklist.

And I have the perfect answer. Not only that, but he fits what you say is missing from Blacklist, that BB features - a transformation of character.

It's Tom Keen.

First, the spin-off possibility. Dude definitely has the background for that.

Second the transformation - both his acting and his character take on the most amazing transformation that floored me as I witnessed it.

I couldn't believe I was watching the same actor.

He starts out as this totally innocent elementary school teacher and adorable stay-at-home-Dad, to being unveiled underneath as one of the worlds foremost spies/assassins/mercenaries.

Think about that one.

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

@Spaceman Spiff I was just thinking about your idea of possible spin-offs from Blacklist.

And I have the perfect answer. Not only that, but he fits what you say is missing from Blacklist, that BB features - a transformation of character.

It's Tom Keen.

Second the transformation - both his acting and his character take on the most amazing transformation that floored me as I witnessed it.

He starts out as this totally innocent elementary school teacher and adorable stay-at-home-Dad, to being unveiled underneath as one of the worlds foremost spies/assassins/mercenaries.

Think about that one.

Keen would be a good one, for sure.  He is a good actor, it'd interesting to see how he arrived at this stage of his life.  More interested in the backstory than seeing him continue as a spy/assassin.  

Blacklist has some transformation of characters, I just don't think they do it as well as BB.  

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I could say it many ways, but I could put it simplest and possibly phrase it best by saying this :

I've seen every episode of Breaking Bad. And yea thought it was great. But I never had the desire to watch it again.

Blacklist, on the other hand, I could watch the same episodes over and over again, and still enjoy it, because I see

something different in it every time.

I've watched Breaking Bad all the way through at least 3 times now.  Would probably be more if I didn't watch so damn many other shows already.  Blacklist is a show I could watch again and again too.  But I won't do that until it's over.  

29 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's Tom Keen.

Think about that one.

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Keen would be a good one, for sure.  He is a good actor, it'd interesting to see how he arrived at this stage of his life.  More interested in the backstory than seeing him continue as a spy/assassin.  

Blacklist has some transformation of characters, I just don't think they do it as well as BB.  

In Breaking Bad, the only major character that could pull a spin-off series was Saul, imo.  Sure, they have the TV movie coming out that focuses on Jessie, but it's not a series.  

As for Keen as a spin off series, I imagine that would be boring as hell.  The only connection to the show would be Raymond hiring him and I could really care less about what he did prior to meeting Red.  And by care less, I mean I just don't think there would be enough substance to create and base an entire series on his character pre-Blacklist.  

The only way they I think they could pull off a spin-off series from BL, would be to have one that focuses on either:

1.  Younger Red and how he created his empire along with Dembe and Kate - at least it could focus on the various crimes, etc. that they talk about Red pulling off, or focus on what his activity was prior to coming out of hiding in Season 1 episode 1 of BL.

2.  Lizzy's family, mother/father/grandfather and their involvement and missions that took place along with the ties to Red, etc. prior to her being born.

I think the first would be hard to pull off unless they could get someone that looks extremely like Spader that's younger.  And the second one, I don't know if there would be much interest in that story since those characters are for the most part only mentioned throughout the span of the series, with exception to one.  

So with everyone raving about Popeyes chicken sandwiches (they're even talking about em on sports talk radio), I thought I'd get a couple for our lunch today cuz we have one about a mile away & we haven't tried them yet. 

Drive thru was backed up all the way around the building. I couldn't find a way into the parking lot. The experiment will have to wait. 😡

37 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

So with everyone raving about Popeyes chicken sandwiches (they're even talking about em on sports talk radio), I thought I'd get a couple for our lunch today cuz we have one about a mile away & we haven't tried them yet.  Drive thru was backed up all the way around the building. I couldn't find a way into the parking lot. The experiment will have to wait. 😡

Find the nearest Bojangles.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds staged.

Im done, but one thing i focused on was hollering at women you can tell already find you attractive and avoiding saying anything stupid more then memorizing Sean Conery 007 lines.  I doubt hes jus walking up to any women that looks attractive, he probably looking at them looking at him first.

Think we've all seen dudes going from one chick to the next with their fortune cookie nonsense.

I dunno man, it seems pretty spontaneous.  I don't think the girls are looking at him first.  He's usually on college campuses.  Go ahead and watch this real quick and tell me what you think.  Doesn't seem staged at all.

6 hours ago, Chew said:

Spades is the man.  I love all of his early softcore p0rn stuff, too.  He did like 3 or 4 Showtime-style softcores. Sex, Lies, & Videotape was the most notable, but he did a few others.  

Spades did "Crash" back in the mid-90s.  His character and a bunch of other weirdos were turned on by gory car accidents.  They'd pull up on the scene of a car crash and have sex while they watched cars burn.  They even got into an accident on purpose and ****ed right there in the car afterwards, with his girlfriend's leg broken and lacerated.  Then later in the movie they were running their finger's through each other's scars all sexy-like.  

It was awesome.  

You’re a weird guy bro. 

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not sure if I posted this or knew this before today..but Les Claypool and Kirk Hammett went to high school together. And that high school is 2 blocks from my house.

🤘

Joan Jett went to Wheaton High School, in MoCo.

She's having a concert here  this October, with Heart opening for her.

Cheapest ticket prices are 85 bones, upper deck.  Think I'm going to pass.  40 years ago, I'd splurge on ground level seats.

Joan Jett is still a badass.

The HS that is mentioned is by my house now. I grew up 3000 miles away and our claim to fame musically was the Chad Hugo (1/2 of NERD) and the lead singer (Lady Miss Kier) of Deee-Lite (groove is in the heart).

That.. and JR Reid (basketball), DJ Dozier (football), and actor Jason Winston George.

Archived