stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

My Antietam Broadband internet has been down for over 24 hrs now. Wtf. 

Just unplug and plug it back in! That always works.

20 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Capitals are back.  @TryTheBeal! you gonna keep your sig? Wiz got a new GM now.

I'm so sorry you had to see that in person.

The cable in this backwoods hotel isn't even HD, so I didn't get that channel. I kept track on Google ( I knew better than to follow the Caps thread). 🤓

• Like 1

****. Burned some skin off my stomach ****ing around with a leaky pack of frozen veggies.

That's gonna suck in the morning.

• Sad 1

Worked out hard this morning, went to Waffle House after.  It's become a Friday morning ritual, I get a big omelette, read up on the news or read a book and chill for a little while.  It's usually super nice and quiet in there with only a few customers.  Today I was the only one.

Until this guy comes in who I've seen before.  He always gets a to-go order, the cook starts making his sandwich when she sees his car pull into the parking lot.  Anyway, there's one of those touch tunes juke boxes in there and while he's waiting he goes over to it and puts on, I **** you not...

It's ****ing 6:15 am.  

I'm like:  

giphy.gif

Gets his sandwich, walks out.  I guess he just HAD to hear that song while he was waiting.  

• Haha 1

Went from having three sporting events for my kids tomorrow, down to one. Not sure what to do with myself. We have the morning free!

down with the oppression of youth sports

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, Roadhouse is one of my all time favorite bad movies.  

Little Nicky

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

4 partners split off of my law firm and started a new firm. They have started to try recruiting me and they legit need me to have a viable business.  The funny thing is, I ****ing hate all 4 of them, and if they weren't such egotistical assholes, they’d know it (they think everyone loves them). So my decision this week is to choose between 1) telling them to suck my dick (which would feel great) and 2) stringing them along to extract a retention bonus from my current firm (money is nice).   Opinions welcome. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

String them along. Once your current firm gives you the bonus then tell those 4 douchers ta suck it. Seems like a win win situation. 

32 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

4 partners split off of my law firm and started a new firm. They have started to try recruiting me and they legit need me to have a viable business.  The funny thing is, I ****ing hate all 4 of them, and if they weren't such egotistical assholes, they’d know it (they think everyone loves them). So my decision this week is to choose between 1) telling them to suck my dick (which would feel great) and 2) stringing them along to extract a retention bonus from my current firm (money is nice).   Opinions welcome. 

Even if you don't go with them losers that left (which you shouldn't), you considered leaving where you at?  I try not to let anyone know I'm planning that even if I am, they will suspect that if you try to hint at it for a raise or something.  Break that boyband's heart and move on with your life.  That sounds nasty, so if nobody liked them, why would make it seem you want to leave and work with them?