Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

53 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

it's not very common at all. 

Okay, thanks. Now I don't feel so dumb.

I watch a lot of British documentaries, and I guess some of them are also New Zealand, Australian, and South African.

And it seems like they all use metric, whether it's meters, kilometers, or kilograms, or Celsius, etc.

Usually leaves me pretty lost, and wondered how everyone else copes.

I guess if you're someone who has done any kind of drug use, though, you at least know about kilos, huh.

And I don't mean "you" literally, of course, when it comes to drugs.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can you all imagine the change to the NFL, when they change from yards to meters ?

How many meters for a 1st Down ?

How many meters equals a 1000 yard season ?

Do you have to make it exact, right on the decimal, for fairness, in rating players with historical 1000 yards rushers ?

etc etc

1 yard is .91 meters. So not that big of a change. Nah, you just put an asterisk. 

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Convinced the most dangerous place to drive is the Costco parking lot.

Not nearly enough parking spaces and 95% of the people driving in it should have given up their DLs 10+ years ago.

It's terrible.  It's the one place I don't look to get close to the building.  As soon as I get in the lot, I'll take the first spot I see, I don't care if I'm on the other side of the parking lot.  

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

😴 Me at 0625 on my drive to work as the same Billie Eilish song that they've played a thousand times is on the radio.

😃😲 Me at 0628 when Blister in the Sun comes on.

all these years and I never knew that there was an official Blister in the Sun video

what's up with the socks and chelsea thing?

18 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

all these years and I never knew that there was an official Blister in the Sun video

what's up with the socks and chelsea thing?

The video was made because John Cusack wanted to use the song for Grosse Point Blank. I'd guess its a parody of the movie (in which Cusack plays an assassin returning to his hometown for a 10yr HS reunion).

That album btw was the first one I ever bought on cassette. Probably wore that tape out in the late 80s and early 90s.. 

I was lucky to see them live in 98 for WVUs free FallFest (They Might Be Giants also that year). Sponge and De La Soul played the year before....

Archived