Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

But you left for Minnesota though...

I'd be homesick too if I had to relocate far away from loved ones, deal with people with weird accents, and have to shovel a foot of snow out of my driveway/parking space every morning.

Being far away from loved ones was rough but that's going to be the case anywhere. Even in DC I miss my family in Richmond and Williamsburg. And the accents weren't really an issue nor was the snow to be honest. You get over and adjust those things. It was more the passive-aggressive, judgmental attitude veiled as "Minnesota nice" that I couldn't stand.

I'm glad I went, but I'm also glad the only commitment I had to the place was a 2 year grad program. I agree with 82, though, I think it's really valuable and even important to live in some different places throughout your life. You learn so much more about yourself and about other people when you get a real change of environment.

If you think this is a DC thing you obviously haven't lived anywhere else.

I've never lived anywhere that was remotely close to DC for traffic.

Although I once was in Atlanta for a week for some training. I didn't drive in Atlanta on a week day. Came in one weekend, left the next weekend. But I could tell that that place was a zoo, too.

Although I once was in Atlanta for a week for some training. I didn't drive in Atlanta on a week day. Came in one weekend, left the next weekend. But I could tell that that place was a zoo, too.

This is absolutely ridiculous what UF is doing to computer science

How can you cut that program out? Do you know how important computer science is?

No strawmen or tricks here, UF is REALLY cutting out computer science from their curriculum. The department is dead. It's so stupid, and they're just going to reinvest the money in footbawl. Didn't know footbawl was that important in the SEC that you have to lop off the head of a PROMINENT degree program

How can you cut that program out? Do you know how important computer science is?

No strawmen or tricks here, UF is REALLY cutting out computer science from their curriculum. The department is dead. It's so stupid, and they're just going to reinvest the money in footbawl. Didn't know footbawl was that important in the SEC that you have to lop off the head of a PROMINENT degree program

I just changed my major from Journalism to IT. In one semester, I can tell just how important Computer Science is. Ironically, when I read about U of F I was about to start my Intro to Programming class. Them cutting CS is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. :doh:

CS and Business I would say are the most important non-engineering majors. And even depending on who you talk to, CS is engineering.

CS is one of the most important and prominent majors out there, one that isn't a liberal arts degree. You can't cut that out. A BCS program can't NOT have a CS program

Imagine Harvard or UVA or UCLA without a CS program. And Florida is supposedly one of the greatest academic schools in the South. So this makes NO sense

There's a scene in one of Arthur Clarke's 2001 sequils, where Heywood Floyd, former university chancellor, is telling a story.

The dean of a university is at a party, and he's venting. He's constantly getting deluged by department heads demanding more money. Supercomputers. Nuclear accelerators. Transonic wind tunnels. Satellites. MRIs. Everybody always wants more money. More gadgets.

"Why can't they be more like the Mathematics Department? All they need is a chalk board and a trash can."

"Or Philosophy? They don't need a trash can."

I remember the first time I saw Annie, I think it was in 1998. Only reason I remember was because like a week after I saw it, I heard "Hard Knock Life" by Jay-Z. That was the first time I completely understood what sampling was.

The made for TV Movie? Yeah, I remember that. I watched it with my family because my sister was in a production at Edison H.S. I liked it. I'd even go as far as to say it was better than the movie they made in the 1980s.

That's right, I said it.

come_at_me_bro_by_omfgitsenvy-d4gtzoz.jpg

The made for TV Movie? Yeah, I remember that. I watched it with my family because my sister was in a production at Edison H.S. I liked it. I'd even go as far as to say it was better than the movie they made in the 1980s.

That's right, I said it.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/324/0/d/come_at_me_bro_by_omfgitsenvy-d4gtzoz.jpg

Yeah, I do remember seeing it on ABC. Said I didn't want to watch and ended up watching it from beginning to end. :doh:

Well duh, we are the busiest area in the US for traffic lol

Archived