Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

We'll see

I feel like LeBron James here

They didn't even offer anything yet

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

Someone brought up Omar the other day. Omar is boss.

S2 he really begins to break out. His courtroom scene is one of the best in television history.

"Ay yo, what up, Bird?"

Not yet

But if they do offer I don't think I could leave this area. I need those 16 free Redskins games. I dno't care if it'sonly 16 weeks

ix, dude, comcast, directv, tivo, hell listen over the radio if you have to :ols:.

I've been working nights (for the most part) for almost a year now, and working some weekends, and even worked on call working various odd jobs here and there 4-5 years ago. if not for recording or listening via the radio on my ipod, I'd have missed a ton of ****.

Even if push comes to shove, and you can't watch them play at all some weekends (I've been there), it'll hurt, but that paycheck will make you feel a lot better.

I will admit that, when I saw it, I figured that that was something I'd expect to see in "Arthur".

Perhaps the fact that I absolutely loathe spiral staircases may e coloring my opinion, too.

Don't know why, but I have this "thing" where I'm simply nuable to walk up a flight of stairs. I simply have to run up them, taking the stairs at least two at a time.

Running up a flight of stairs, to me, is fun. Gets my blood flowing a little. I enjoy it.

Walking up them is exhausting. Torture.

:ols: I can see that. We built a timber frame home back in 98 up in Deer Valley that came complete with a kids room that was designed and built to look like an old fort. Had log turrets and a walkway through each one that wrapped around the room. Hopefully a first aid kit was installed near by. :)

I receive offers to bolt from the DC Area

But if I do move to another city, how will I be able to pick up every Redskins regular season game for free :(

Bro, I haven't lived in DC since 2001. Thanks to direct tv, I haven't missed a REDSKINS gsme since 2006 :) I love the Redskins more than I love my wife and mother combined, but at the end of the day the skins weren't important enough to impact major life decisions, i.e. leaving DC.

Leaving DC was the best decision I ever made in my life. Since leaving, I've met so many interesting people and experienced so many different things all over the country. I lived in Texas, North Carolina, south Carolina, Seattle, and now Denver. And using those cities as hubzones, I've been to a lot of other cities on long weekends., Its been so much fun moving to a big city where you literally don't know anybody. Making new friends, absorbing the vibe and culture from other places. Its one thing for people to say they've "been somewhere" because they visited for vacation, but its another thing to live there.

Im so glad to have experienced so many new things, and I love seeing other people leave their comfort zone and venture out to other parts of the country. I was so nervous when leaving DC all by myself, but my career and growth as a person has definitely benefitted from it.

Sorry for writing all that, but I get so excited when talking about leaving DC. :)

I just wanted to take a moment to say "thanks." I don't want to start a thread, because we've had enough "hog's name in lights" threads. Nor do I want to rehash the memories in the original thread I posted after my divorce. But I wanted to post an update, and express my gratitude to my ES Family.

Lynn and I have been in the process of trying to work things out for about 6 months. We've finally both gotten to the point where we feel comfortable actually giving it another shot. We've apologized to each other, sincerely, discussed what went wrong (without the usual hostility) and are working hard to ensure that past mistakes are not repeated.

Not only has this been good for us, but far more importantly, it's been good for the kids. We've spent a lot of time doing things as a family, and the girls are seeing how two adults treat each other in a HEALTHY relationship. There's work to be done, sure, but I'm very excited about the direction my life is now heading in.

I'm excited about life again. Not just because the girl I always wanted to spend my life with is back in it. (I will never again let my happiness be contigent upon another person.) But because I'm in an entirely different place. My whole attitude is different. I've learned that expecting failure and negativity BRINGS failure and negativity. While remaining positive, and realizing that each day is a blessing brings more blessings.

To everyone who has offered their love, prayers and support during some of the most difficult times in my life, I am sincerely grateful. I honestly believe that I would not have had the opportunity to extinguish the smoldering flames of my life and rebuild it without you. This may be "just" a football message board, but it's a football message board made up of some of the most amazing people I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

Again, to all of you, thank you very, very much.

Jason

Not paying 200 for 16 games

Deal with the difficulties of potential cable monopolies, outside the DC Area...or stay in DC area and mooch all games for free off FOX / CBS / My20 ;)

Football more important than that "computer science" nonsense

The University of Florida announced this past week that it was dropping its computer science department, which will allow it to save about $1.7 million. The school is eliminating all funding for teaching assistants in computer science, cutting the graduate and research programs entirely, and moving the tattered remnants into other departments.

Let’s get this straight: in the midst of a technology revolution, with a shortage of engineers and computer scientists, UF decides to cut computer science completely?

Because we certainly don't need computers in this day and age.

Hell I'd have no problem leaving D.C. if I got the opportunity. I follow the $$, always. A lot of high end sports bars have every game on anyways (if it comes to that). I've about had it with this area.

I am coming pretty close to going Office Space and just taking a sledgehammer and going around destroying all of these bogus speed cameras. They are literally everywhere now.

Accidentally typed in extremesins instead of extremeskins while sitting in the public study area of the library.

Glad nothing popped up ... lol

---------- Post added April-23rd-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

btw can't imagine leaving DC. Did my schooling here, undergrad here and now my PhD. Never leaving this area. :)

Archived