Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Reminds me I was a watching a David saderis interview and he was talking about a British radio programs and one of the lines was "one in three Americans weighs as much as the other two" might be a media thing. I laughed though.

Yeah, typical fat, lazy Americans. Yet you go to some of these other countries, and I would bet everything that I have that you'd see a bunch of overweight people over there too. I think the problem with America (as a whole) is that we are more sedentary.

In a lot of places, people eat nothing but greasy ass food, pile their plates sky-high, get second helpings, etc, and you'd never know it, yet Average Joe will eat a few rice cakes, celery, and a stick of bamboo or something, his body will go haywire as a result, and he will resort to crying his eyes out, while indulging in a box of zebra cakes.

That aint right :ols:

Well damn. The house that my girlfriend and I were looking at came back out of foreclosure. Apparently the Fannie Mae appraiser and the Realtor decided that the house is,(after putting in about $4000 worth of cleanup in to it),now worth $50,000 more than when it went off the market,(and they received no offers on it at that price). Oh well. She'll make a shot at it anyway,but it looks like plan B goes in to effect.

Well damn. The house that my girlfriend and I were looking at came back out of foreclosure. Apparently the Fannie Mae appraiser and the Realtor decided that the house is,(after putting in about $4000 worth of cleanup in to it),now worth $50,000 more than when it went off the market,(and they received no offers on it at that price). Oh well. She'll make a shot at it anyway,but it looks like plan B goes in to effect.

Damn recovery. :)

Did you have your heart set on that house? Maybe Plan B should be "wait a while for the owner to figure out that it STILL isn't worth that much"?

Did you have your heart set on that house? Maybe Plan B should be "wait a while for the owner to figure out that it STILL isn't worth that much"?

:ols: They would love to blame it on the recovery. Heck homes that were built just 2 years ago and within a mile are going for about 8 to 10 thousand more. This one was built in 1965 and comes complete with the 1970 floor to ceiling wood paneling and kitchen cabinetry popular back then,(the counter tops at least,come from the mid 70's ). Yeah. Her heart WAS set on it so she's very disappointed. She's going to call the listing agent and tell him she was there before and during the Fannie Mae cleanup,(usually cheap and it was),and is going to offer him the max price she was willing to give before it went off the market. Probably won't work,but she's going to give it her best shot.

110014482_3countyroad.jpg

They put in new cheap carpet,but the paneling and popcorn ceiling are still there. :ols:

Heh, you silly DC area folks. So political. I'M HIGH AS **** RIGHT NOW :)

Out here in Colorado, students at Colorado University celebrate "4/20" by toking up in the middle of Colorado University. And the last few pics are downtown Denver in front of the State Building. :)

welcome to Denver, a liberal's paradise. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Colorado University:

420_lightbox.png

101797584_19eb09d214.jpg

Boulder-420-Gathering-Smokeout-2011.jpg

COLORADO STATE BUILDING, DOWNTOWN DENVER:

0.jpg

20100421_124038_cd21coverart_pot.jpg

The Iron Lady: what a miserable movie. It would be a niche film regardless, but it at least couldve been cool for us history nerds. And some of the parts are cool. Unfortunately they spend as much time, if not moreso, on her dementia as they do on her younger years and career. Because spending an hour watching a once-great woman talk to her dead husband who she thinks is there is just so uplifting.

Streep is amazing though. You seriously forget she's the actress playing Thatcher.

Heh, you silly DC area folks. So political. I'M HIGH AS **** RIGHT NOW :)

Out here in Colorado, students at Colorado University celebrate "4/20" by toking up in the middle of Colorado University. And the last few pics are downtown Denver in front of the State Building. :)

P

welcome to Denver, a liberal's paradise. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ahhh now it all makes sense, lol. My brother moved to Denver about six months ago. We normally talk everyday, one way or another. I've been trying to text him alla day, no response. Now I know.

Sometimes people are stupid...and people in large numbers can be incredibly more so. Today there was scheduled a youth soccer tourney and we wake up this morning to find that it is 40 degrees and pouring...simply sopping wet. Yet the tournament was not rescheduled, and now because a lot of parents didn't want their kids to get sick some teams are forced to forfeit their games. My son's coach texted me twice this morning begging me to come out to the field and play, my reply was simply, "You've got to be kidding."

BBC World News is easily the best news show on TV. It comes on live at midnight, Tuesday through Friday on PBS - - channel 42 on my DirecTV. Really puts to shame our news stations here; just how ****ed they are.

I mean how many people do you think know that Sudan and South Sudan are on the verge of war, and why? Have they said a thing about the British businessman who was murdered in China and how it's rocked the Communist Party there? That North Korea isn't the only country to recently test a new long range missle: a day or two ago, India had a successful test and, IIRC, it doubles their range to 5,000 miles. Even American stories, who knows who Samuel Mullet is or that he actually used disposable cameras from Wal Mart to take pictures of the victims?

That's just the last week. Can't recommend it enough.

Sometimes people are stupid...and people in large numbers can be incredibly more so. Today there was scheduled a youth soccer tourney and we wake up this morning to find that it is 40 degrees and pouring...simply sopping wet. Yet the tournament was not rescheduled, and now because a lot of parents didn't want their kids to get sick some teams are forced to forfeit their games. My son's coach texted me twice this morning begging me to come out to the field and play, my reply was simply, "You've got to be kidding."

how ole is your kid? I played in rain all the time as a youngin in soccer. I loved it the cold weather made me play harder to keep my body temperature up.

I think it's going to be a grilled cheese and bowl of chili kinda day. Anybody have a good recipe?

2 slices of bread

2 slices of cheese

a bit of soft butter

Spread butter on 1 side of each slice, place slice in pan on medium heat, put 2 slices of cheese on top of slice, place bread buttered side up on top of cheese. Keep eye on bread until it gets a slight dark color on bottom, flip and watch for other side to get crisp.

2 slices of bread

2 slices of cheese

a bit of soft butter

Spread butter on 1 side of each slice, place slice in pan on medium heat, put 2 slices of cheese on top of slice, place bread buttered side up on top of cheese. Keep eye on bread until it gets a slight dark color on bottom, flip and watch for other side to get crisp.

And there it is...well played.

Just killed a whole thing of banana-nut bread from a local Amish market. Words cannot describe how good it felt going down. Fresh, hasn't been sitting on a shelf at some mom n' pop gas station, or a second rate deli department at Giant. Pure ecstacy...

*Watching Rocky. I love trying to imitate Mick's raspy voice.

"Ya gonna spit naaaiils kid. Like the guy says, ya gonna eat lightning, and ya gonna crap thunder. Ya gonna become a very dangerous poyson!"

That's a pain. I guess its a good thing that he is looking out for her, but at the same time, if she is comfortable buying it, he shouldn't get in the way.
hmmm... Never heard of a realtor balking at a clients choice like that. They usually just want the commission. Is it a personal friend or something? Something in the sale of this that will delay or tie up his money?? I know you know construction so I assume you have identified most of the problems with the house and there are no real surprises. Odd.

Turns out the realtor was pretty close to being right on what he felt the price would be when Fannie Mae put it back out there. Apparently the $4-$5k work was enough to justify that near $50,000 increase in price. They factored in comparables,(closest one is 15 years newer and has been updated and is going for a similar price). He doesn't agree with it it seems,but understands it. Sad part about it is,the listing agent doesn't mention half the work they did on the place and left out pics of where a lot of the work still needs to be done.

Hopefully you know someone who can do renovations... Someone with maybe a construction background that you know will do a good job... Maybe someone who also takes great pictures...
Looks like it'll be another house. :)

She talked to the listing agent and let him know how she knew about what was wrong with the house before hand and what was done since,and his reply was "Thanks and I'll keep that in mind get back to you." :) She's going to wait for about 30 days then give him the maximum amount she's willing to pay and see what happens. This guy only has a few listings so probably needs the sale. In the mean time,it's back to the drawing board.

Archived