Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

$ 2.41 a gallon...............

Pete

Just filled up with $3.90 supreme. 'bout $65. Just the beginning. Awful.

In related news, oil companies report record profits. Again.

I saw something interesting today...showing how the profit % of Shell was like 7% based on their revenue. That means if they made like $100, only $7 of it was profit. Such a tiny amount compared to some IT and Pharma. companies. People just see that instead of $100, its in the billions.

But it is funny seeing how this thread started in 2005, and we were hurting at $2.41, now we'd die to have it below $3

guys think yourselves lucky, petrol is over 5 pounds a gallon over here which is over 10 bucks:(

My older sister lives in England with her husband and when I visited her this summer, I nearly **** myself when I saw the fuel prices. You guys have it rough, and we might well be up there with you in a few years. :(

And to think I drive a Ford Escape. I'm just glad I don't have a bigger SUV than that .. :doh:

i'm not looking forward to filling up in a week or two. Gas is getting really out of control. My question is when will it stop??

It won't stop, they know they have us by the balls.

I like when threads are revisited from time to time, and man, this one really hits home. 2.41 a gallon would be a God send. Even the cost of riding the bike almost every day is getting out of hand. I paying 3.99 on average for high test, and I'd get myself a little scooter to commute on, but I flert with death enough, and I'm just too cool to be caught on one :doh: :silly:

You know what they say about scooters and fat chicks. There fun to ride till your friends see you on one :D

It won't stop, they know they have us by the balls.

I like when threads are revisited from time to time, and man, this one really hits home. 2.41 a gallon would be a God send. Even the cost of riding the bike almost every day is getting out of hand. I paying 3.99 on average for high test, and I'd get myself a little scooter to commute on, but I flert with death enough, and I'm just too cool to be caught on one :doh: :silly:

You know what they say about scooters and fat chicks. There fun to ride till your friends see you on one :D

I thought about getting a scooter a year or so ago. A fancy good is $1800 new up here. If gas prices continue to get out of control I just might revisit getting one and be darned with my pride.

Over $50 for me yesterday. First time in my life one of my vehicle went over $50.

And as far as the oil companies go, if they are only making $7 out of $100, then why don't they report their TRUE profits. If they made 9 billion for the quarter, they should only report $7 out of every $100 as their actual profits.

Over $50 for me yesterday. First time in my life one of my vehicle went over $50.

And as far as the oil companies go, if they are only making $7 out of $100, then why don't they report their TRUE profits. If they made 9 billion for the quarter, they should only report $7 out of every $100 as their actual profits.

$10 billion is the 7%. Exxon's revenue was over $100 billion:
Exxon posted first-quarter net income of $10.89 billion, or $2.03 a share. That's up 17% from the $9.28 billion, or $1.62 a share it earned a year earlier, but it missed the earnings per share consensus forecast of $2.14 from analysts surveyed by earnings tracker First Call.

Revenue hit $116.85 billion, up 34% from a year earlier when sales hit $87.2 billion. The revenue was short of forecasts of $124.4 billion.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/companies/exxon_earnings/?postversion=2008050109

• 7 months later...
Yeah, out here were we actually produce and refine the stuff it's $1.69 today. And that's down significantly. COLLUSION

Collusion? Ya think?

I can't wait to read the various analyses in the upcoming months.

"The 2007-2008 oil spike was a classic example of collusion and market manipulation made possible by overconcentration of suppliers in a vertically integrated market..." - Some Nobel Economist

"The 2007-2008 oil spike was just natural market forces, out of the control of anyone..." - Some shameless hack analyst financed by the oil companies

"The 2007-2008 oil spike was caused by libruls taxing us to death and envirowackos who fight domestic offshore drilling" - Navy Dave.

Archived