Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

$ 2.41 a gallon...............

Pete

The other day I was in Del Mar (CA) and premium (what I have to buy) was $4.89. Ridonkulous.

I hear you. I need to get premium as well. I was driving back from San Diego last week and had to stop in like Laguna Beach for gas. It was around what you said, I ended up spending $58 to fill up. Stupid rich areas.

Speculators suck.

I think it is time to end the commondities market, this little invention was set up to protect people like farmers to make sure they got paid for their product and to prvent them from getting lower prices if the market was flooded.

How did you get to this 6 year old thread? I've tried to find older threads before with a search and can never seem to get anything older than a few years.

Probably when Pete posted yesterday for the first time in years, he pulled up every thread ever started by Pete, which would have been a short list, so I'm sure this one jumped out.

What I wouldn't do for $2.41 a gallon...

What would you do?

Sleep with someone of the same sex?

Eat a live dog?

Poor hot oil over a Dolphin?

Yes, those are extreme things but I don't think one would do everything that they could do, even the ridiculious, to get something they want.

---------- Post added April-20th-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

The sad part of this is that we will never see sub $2 gas again.

Even if/when we cut drastically our oil demand, supply will be cut back considerably to keep the cost high.

The genie is out of the bottle and we have already accepted stupid prices for gas.

We are slowly being conditioned for higher prices. We are probably close to the point where people will be fine with just $3/ gallon for gas. Eventually we will be conditioned for accepting $4/gallon, $5/gallon and yes maybe $10/gallon one day.

Archived