Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

On 10/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, LetThePointsSoar said:

Tony Romo has said a LOT of dumb **** in his life.... But saying "Alex Smith played great".... That takes the cake. 

So I'm in no way a Romo advocator. But Romo is speaking through the eyes of a NFL QB. That's not to say that Mahomb (or dare I say #8) is not playing better. But based on what Alex has at the WR spot and some of the play calls, he's playing "great". The word "great" is such a subjective word ain't it? Seriously, I'd use Jalen Ramsey's phrase when describing Alex....he doesn't suck. And I'll add to that.....for the most part.

I just find it strange how a QB can do well in one organization and not so well in another. I mean, is it the QB? or is it the coach's inability to adjust to what he has at the most important position on offense? Just see (Nick Foles, Matt Flynn, & Matt Cassell to name a few) QBs that balled out under one coach, went to another team and sucked (for the most part). Now Gruden has given in to the RPO (for the most part). He just hasn't given up some of his archaic concepts or his coveted play chart. I think he is set on proving that his plays work. But then you take a look at his pupil in LA and you wonder WTF!! (W stands for Why) would they not keep that offensive mind here? McVay goes there and all the ****ing sudden Goff is great. Not subjectively great, but ****ing Great!

Meantime, Alex is struggling under a coach that refuses to listen to the league's referendum on the defense. All you have to do is put the ball out deep and you're guaranteed at least one or two hands to the face, defensive holding, a ****ing roughing the passer or the game changing pass interference. Gruden needs to stop giving a **** about what the defense gives him....start taking what the league gives you. Gruden boils me when he talks about the 75 plays he'd like to hit. Why not find a few plays that Alex is comfortable with first before you worry about what you'd like to do. Gruden's offense is an embarrassment. IMO, Alex should have brought KC's playbook to DC, thrown it down on Gruden's desk and gave him the RGIII business. lol.

BTW, the Redskins should have gotten WR Albert Wilson in FA (although he's probably going on the IR now). At least Alex would have had a familiar target that can create a little separation and make some ****ing plays down the field. BTW, he was the AFC offensive player of the week (last week) after posting 155 ****in' yards and two touchdowns against the Bears. When is the last time we had a WR post those kind of numbers?

This is some bull****!!!! Every ****in' year we have a glaring weak link. I'm afraid this year, its the OC.

After further review, we won the game. So I guess its not as bad as it could be. I normally watch the game on a treadmill. This is not me.

a89f4bdb227c767fc038ab2017170346-treadmill-falls-apart-during-run.gif.8c5b2a875dd785dae7f2a111a5a7c388.gif

21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You could even throw in that Bucs team with Jon Gruden.  At that point in time, there wasn’t a better coach in football than Jon Gruden.  Gruden built both the Raiders and Bucs, both of which played in the SB. Then he wanted personnel control, Bucs hired Allen and everything went to ****.

Image result for tony dungy gif

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I disagree with those who disagree with the call.

Wait for the 2nd clip, the close-up, he moves BOTH hands AND the ball.

I can easily see how that's going to draw a defensive lineman across.

He attempted to draw a penalty on the defense.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, fair, Dungy built the Bucs, Jon got them over the hump. Jon built the Raiders and Callahan got them to the SB.

The year before, Jon was a tuck rule away from the AFC championship game...

I mean I get what He did in Oakland, well not this time,,,but you know....that said, It's a well known fact they took Dungys team and then gutted it, after getting the ring. 

10 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

I mean I get what He did in Oakland, well not this time,,,but you know....that said, It's a well known fact they took Dungys team and then gutted it, after getting the ring. 

Yeah, Jon got a big head, brought Allen in and they destroyed a really good team for no reason.

As I said, for a few years, Jon was the best coach in the NFL.  Then he got a big head and hired Allen to run personnel, and it all went to ****

Allen is an idiot.

19 hours ago, London Kev said:

That's not entirely true IMO. It can get bogged down with negativity, but there is positivity as well (maybe not as much).

I really enjoy the raw, immediate, emotional responses over every play.  Sure, it's almost banal to proclaim that "WE SUCK!!!!" after one missed throw or tackle, but it makes me smile.  It shows that people really do care about the outcome.

I don't actually know one other Redskins fan and the few football-loving friends that I do have live too far away for us to watch games together regularly, so I usually end up watching alone.  The game-day thread, for all of it's faults, helps me feel connected to like-minded people in some way.

That probably sounds a bit more sad than it actually is, I do have many friends, but most are just not interested in football.

Exactly. It shows the fans are dedicated and truly love their skins. We will not be happyuntil we r holding the trophy again. 

I didn't know where to put this, but i thought Stroman had a good game. He gave up the second quarter TD, but had Nice hit on Prescott, three nice tackles prior to the sticks. The last two weren't that impressive, but the one that wasn't in Beasley was a really good hit and a clean tackle. And on that drive Dallas wound up punting 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I didn't know where to put this, but i thought Stroman had a good game. He gave up the second quarter TD, but had Nice hit on Prescott, three nice tackles prior to the sticks. The last two weren't that impressive, but the one that wasn't in Beasley was a really good hit and a clean tackle. And on that drive Dallas wound up punting 

Stroman could have easily been beaten for two TDs this game and would have been the sole reason we lost. We're lucky Dak is garbage 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Stroman could have easily been beaten for two TDs this game and would have been the sole reason we lost. We're lucky Dak is garbage 

Are you referring to plays / mistakes he made or just the idea that playing a rookie in his first live action was risky? 

I'm asking because I was commenting on just this. Obviously there was the play in the 2nd Quarter with about a min to go where he's beat (biting) for the TD, but after that I thought he had good position, in particular being behind the WRs to make the tackle and make sure that they couldn't get over the top. There were two late plays to Beasley where I think he got "beat" but not in terms of for TDs or possible TDs, more like they were just plays that extended the drive and helped Dallas get closer to scoring position. 

And I remember Fuller saying that Beasley was his least favorite WR to cover. I remember being astonished by that considering how badly he was abused by Diggs his rookie year, but I always think back on that whenever I want to underestimate Beasley. 

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, Jon got a big head, brought Allen in and they destroyed a really good team for no reason.

As I said, for a few years, Jon was the best coach in the NFL.  Then he got a big head and hired Allen to run personnel, and it all went to ****

Allen is an idiot.

In common with Allens moves though, Very cheap owners......

2 hours ago, Tay said:

Good work by the coaching staff.  

This is what Golic guessed had happened when they were talking about the game on Monday.  He said that usually a procedural penalty like that gets called because the coaching staff tells the refs to watch out for it sometime before or during the game.  I'm betting the ST coach told the field goal defense to jump if they saw the center move the ball, because both Brantley and Payne jumped.  Definitely some good work by Kotwica.

7 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Are you referring to plays / mistakes he made or just the idea that playing a rookie in his first live action was risky? 

I'm asking because I was commenting on just this. Obviously there was the play in the 2nd Quarter with about a min to go where he's beat (biting) for the TD, but after that I thought he had good position, in particular being behind the WRs to make the tackle and make sure that they couldn't get over the top. There were two late plays to Beasley where I think he got "beat" but not in terms of for TDs or possible TDs, more like they were just plays that extended the drive and helped Dallas get closer to scoring position. 

And I remember Fuller saying that Beasley was his least favorite WR to cover. I remember being astonished by that considering how badly he was abused by Diggs his rookie year, but I always think back on that whenever I want to underestimate Beasley. 

He actually could have been burned 3 times for a TD, this is another play where he got beat. We need Dunbar back badly imo. This isnt even Beasley, it's some nobody receiver on Dallas.

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He DOESN’T have a cheap owner here though...

From all Ive heard, we use to run a very cheap operation. No indoor facility, low # of scouts, no injury prevention center etc .. 

We added the bubble, added a injury prevention center ... its improvement. Do we still have trailers? In 2018, I feel like our current facilities and everything would be average for the year 2008.

Snyder is like Angelos to me, they will spend on payroll but when you look beyond the roster, everything else either doesnt exist or is on the cheap. Bengals also supposedly have embarrassing cheap and crappy facilities and stuff as well.

Here is something that I was wondering about the moment it happened and perhaps someone can explain this to me. Beginning of that TD drive for Dallas at the end of the game Dak passes to his TE who is tackled by Nicholson and the TE is injured. Dallas medical personal came onto the field and dealt with him yet the Cowboys were not charged a timeout, what am I missing here? That would seem to have given them an advantage as the clock stopped so less ran off.

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Here is something that I was wondering about the moment it happened and perhaps someone can explain this to me. Beginning of that TD drive for Dallas at the end of the game Dak passes to his TE who is tackled by Nicholson and the TE is injured. Dallas medical personal came onto the field and dealt with him yet the Cowboys were not charged a timeout, what am I missing here? That would seem to have given them an advantage as the clock stopped so less ran off.

Outside of 2:00?

Archived