Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Packers

KDawg

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

As I’m sure the ‘Skins stuff has been done to death, NFL rule makers are another reason many are falling out of love with the game. 

At this rate football will become a non-contact sport. We benefited like, but the absolute joke Matthews call was a real momentum changer. 

Momentum changer? How? We followed it with a holding penalty and false start, giving all 15 yards back and punted from almost exactly where the sack was. That call had exactly zero impact on the game aside from us taking maybe another minute at most off the clock. 

28 minutes ago, moondog said:

Momentum changer? How? We followed it with a holding penalty and false start, giving all 15 yards back and punted from almost exactly where the sack was. That call had exactly zero impact on the game aside from us taking maybe another minute at most off the clock. 

If you’re himestly asking how that would uttery deflate them the way they started the half then we view things completey differently bud. 

Hail. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If you’re himestly asking how that would uttery deflate them the way they started the half then we view things completey differently bud. 

Hail. 

It might (certainly did) irritate them at the time, but if forcing a punt from essentially the same spot didn't get them over it, then they're just the type of mentally weak team that you SHOULD beat.

Since Clay can't figure out how to tackle a QB, I thought it was great to see GB trying to make the most of it. Which is code for him getting abused in pass coverage. Courtesy of Jordan Reed I believe. 

I have a little theory. When a defenses best pass rushers are in coverage, it's a win for the offense. You know damn well the QB is happy about it.

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Wow that win against the Packers sure ruffled the Power Rankings.  Washington moved up like 2 spots and the Packers barely fell at all and of course the Clay Matthews stuff was brought up.  Do these writers even watch the games?

most of them don't watch.  They just been in the field for a long time or were an ex player. 

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Wow that win against the Packers sure ruffled the Power Rankings.  Washington moved up like 2 spots and the Packers barely fell at all and of course the Clay Matthews stuff was brought up.  Do these writers even watch the games?

I think they're treating it as an aberration at this point. And let's be honest...until it happens with a bit more consistency can we really blame them? If we play NO really well and win then I think people might start to take more notice. 

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think they're treating it as an aberration at this point. And let's be honest...until it happens with a bit more consistency can we really blame them? If we play NO really well and win then I think people might start to take more notice. 

I can't blame them at all.  Week 1, overall great performance.  Week 2, offense stunk it up while defense played well.  Week 3, back to overall great performance.  The team hasn't shown week to week consistency.

Also, the game against NO is on Monday Night.  The media will be talking.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:10 PM, Mooka said:

rewatch this vid but instead of focusing on Kerrigan focus on P. Smith, guy looked like hot doo-doo, completely useless in coverage, could not get passed the LT at all, could have shown more hustle as well

On 9/25/2018 at 1:45 PM, moondog said:

my conspiracy theory on the 15 yards we gave back is that they were both make-up calls, so that the refs could later point at the results and say: "see? we didn't affect the outcome of the game THAT much ?"

On 9/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

I honestly was because it was a single play and we gave everything right back and their offense is then on the field. If you think their offense was in any way affected my mind is kinda blown. And their Matthews got to go get his mind right on the sideline. Clearly it didn’t stop them from really holding our offense in check in the second half. I completely stick to my guns on this one that that call was a complete non factor in the game and only gets brought up because the media hates us and loves the packers and it resonates better to most people that this confusing rule gets more play because like in all media, divisive and emotional stories get clicks and views. Right now the roughing the passer penalties, especially on a known player like Matthews, is all the rage. 

9 minutes ago, moondog said:

I honestly was because it was a single play and we gave everything right back and their offense is then on the field. If you think their offense was in any way affected my mind is kinda blown. And their Matthews got to go get his mind right on the sideline. Clearly it didn’t stop them from really holding our offense in check in the second half. I completely stick to my guns on this one that that call was a complete non factor in the game and only gets brought up because the media hates us and loves the packers and it resonates better to most people that this confusing rule gets more play because like in all media, divisive and emotional stories get clicks and views. Right now the roughing the passer penalties, especially on a known player like Matthews, is all the rage. 

I don't think it affected the outcome. You guys went three and out anyway on that drive.

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I don't think it affected the outcome. You guys went three and out anyway on that drive.

Yeah, and with penalties lost about 15 yards on it as well.

If anything it was likely a momentum swing for the Packers as they had a bad roughing penalty they were upset about but still forced a quick punt.

7 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If anything it was likely a momentum swing for the Packers as they had a bad roughing penalty they were upset about but still forced a quick punt.

I'm a Packers fan but we got beat up bad and didn't deserve to win at all. End of story.

6 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah, a big mo-swing in many games comes after you stopped the other guys right after they got a gift.  Think the Ravens fumbling an int in that 2016 game.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:45 AM, moondog said:

Ya that game was over before the Matthew's call and had no impact..but the game is moving closer and closer to flag football.

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Yep, and hockey too.  Wilson suspended 20 games for being a man.

No ****ing way?!?!... hockey too???... well that ****in sucks...and I refuse to watch the stupid ass mma cage fight ultimate fighter thing....baseball sucks basketball is to far fetched hmmm horse racing it is I guess...

34 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No ****ing way?!?!... hockey too???... well that ****in sucks...and I refuse to watch the stupid ass mma cage fight ultimate fighter thing....baseball sucks basketball is to far fetched hmmm horse racing it is I guess...

We can bet! Something has to spice up what used to be contact sports...

48 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Girls fighting in mud will be all that'll left soon...

Archived