Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Good to see the officiating was in mid season form. 7 PP opportunities for the Pens, 2 for the Caps. Seems about right. 

Getting a point on on the road in a season opening back to back set is perfectly acceptable.  Weren’t going 82-0 anyway. 

HA! I was going to post the same thing. The PP balance was exactly what we’ve come to expect. 

Oh well, can’t win them all. Hopefully they get back to playing some D. The offense is obviously clicking.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll take a point on the road in the butt end of a back to back every time.

I'd like to give the schedule makers a big F U.

Yep. Happy to come away with a point after last nights emotional effort. Schedule makers set us up for failure on this one. back to back to open the season with the second game being against the penguins.

Looks like this team can score though.

Good to see that the Pens haven't lost the ability to play nearly perfect hockey! 7-2 PP advantage, I'd give them a decent shot at beating the (who was it? The 76-77 Canadians?) record. ? Seriously though, giving up 7 goals is kinda embarrassing, back to back nights or not..

Glad we stole a point! I figured when we missed the net a couple times early, that it would come back on us. Especially against "them".

The schedule is just stupid. Back to back to open the season, then 5 days off, then back to back again? And someone actually gets paid to create that mess.. ?

The schedule to start the season is an embarrassment - they are supposed to be professionals. This was a designed loss essentially.

Love the chemistry we're seeing so far from the lines - that's what a deep playoff run will do. Getting a point out of that was a win as far as I'm concerned and this team continues to be resilient. At 6-4 with 8 minutes left I had no doubt they could come back to tie it up and they did.

Aside from the days where you wake up and it just isn't your day, this team will never be out of a game this season and that's all you can ask for.

12 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Looks like we may have a Budreau era team on our hands. Scores in bunches but cant stop the opposition lol

They just had a shutout two nights ago.

Three recent games at PPG Paints Arena have been 7-4, 8-7 and now 7-6. It's just a trend now.

I didn't get to watch the game last night but was listening to the game as I was running network cables for a client. I know we were up by a score or two at one point and that should have been enough to beat the Pens. Did Holtby just get scared of the big bad backyard bully? 

I think it should have been a home game and not an away game the very next day. It is not like they were traveling to Baltimore. It is a 4.5 hour drive. Could that have been a factor?

1 hour ago, zskins said:

I didn't get to watch the game last night but was listening to the game as I was running network cables for a client. I know we were up by a score or two at one point and that should have been enough to beat the Pens. Did Holtby just get scared of the big bad backyard bully? 

I think it should have been a home game and not an away game the very next day. It is not like they were traveling to Baltimore. It is a 4.5 hour drive. Could that have been a factor?

They were up by a goal after 1 period but not sure about "should have been enough"? The Penguins have some of the best offensive talent in the NHL. It was a shooutout that we lost to a team that hadn't just played the day before.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Pens had 7 PPs.

Caps had 2 PPs.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I played in a golf tournament this am and one of our opponents was a huge Wilson hater.  He went on and on about what a terrible person he is. 

I just smiled the whole time.  It helped that we whipped him and his partner 

If Wilson played for any other team, I would hate him with a passion.  Since he plays for my favorite team, he’s A ok with me.

Archived