Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

6 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Seriously don't understand how it got this bad that quick.  No cart and he walked off on his own.  This SUCKS!  

And he said he was fine.

So hope here tells me that if he felt bad about it, it would have been CEI.

9 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Alex

I like Alex but if I had to pick my poison I'd rather lose Alex than Guice.  Every NFC East team IMO has a really good running game now.  We IMO are back to likely having one of the worst ground games in the league.  Maybe I'll feel better about this later and it feels too raw to me right now -- but I think in one fell swoop I'd say I'd be shocked if they make the playoffs.   Before that injury I said 11-5 best-7-9 worst case depending on Reed or Thompson's health.    Guice I was counting on as a given.  But you take Guice out -- wow -- it changes my outlook in one fell swoop. 

My only disclaimer to this is maybe Thompson is being overly cautious with the he's unlikely to be 100% until Nov.

I don't get the overreaction, Guice is just in line with our 1st rounders lately...

I mean:

2016: Josh Doctson: Out for season during TC.

2017: Jonathan Allen: Out for season after 4 games (or 5...)

2018: Derrius Guice: Out for season after 1st preseason game.

Where's the problem?

That's casual.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I don't get the overreaction, Guice is just in line with our 1st rounders lately...

I mean:

Where's the problem?

That's casual.

Yeah no s*** man we're all acting like we've never seen this before... Nothing to see here folks just move along

9 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I mean:

Where's the problem?

That's casual.

In this case, we would have been much better off had our 1st rounder gotten the injury instead. And at least Doctson and Allen were able to get some regular season action. Our luck’s getting worse, not staying the same. 

The worst part of this is that Guice was just barely fast enough to be a home run threat.

Now that it’s all but guaranteed that he loses a step, I don’t expect him to house anything from 40+ yards.

The repercussions of this injury are absolutely devastating. He may not become anything more than a short yardage power back now.

You cannot be ****ing serious. Absolutely devastated. The season is well and truly over now. I never thought we'd win the SB or anything, but thought we'd at least be competitive in most games. Now we're going to be a ****ing embarrassment and national laughing stock. Again.

I'm so mad right now, this just isn't normal. Every injury we get seems to be season ending to a key player, or a key backup who is playing because the key player is injured already. It's absolutely pathetic.

What even is the point of the Redskins?

Seriously can't believe this. RG3 was the last player to generate this kind of buzz in the fanbase... he comes in, takes the league by storm,  breaks all kinds of records and then blows his knee out in the first playoff game (Which we were looking good to win) comes back a bust. Guice doesn't even make it through limited snaps in Week 1 of damn preseason.

I'm just pissed I've already paid for Gamepass. I already don't even care about the season now, it's just going to be humiliating.

It's not even just the loss of Guice the player, it's the loss of Guice's role in the system. Having a run game was the only think stopping us from being a pretty decent Offense. We need a run game to open up the pass game. Alex needs a run game to thrive. The whole thing is totally blown for the entire system on Offense. 

I'm going to stop before this turns into an essay.

Man this ****ing sucks.

Exactly why I never could fell comfortable with that ****in injury until we got back the official results. Never trusted Guice laughing & joking after that injury. Felt funny about that entire situation. Didn't think he was gonna be done for the season. I watched his highlights for damner 2hrs the other day. FML, Completely blown..... 1st preseason game.........****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The Sean Taylor incident. The RG3 fiasco. Kirk cousins drama. Now this.

Oh get out of here with this.  We're talking about a second round RB missing one season.  No comparison to those other three examples.

Just now, Tsailand said:

Oh get out of here with this.  We're talking about a second round RB missing one season.  No comparison to those other three examples.

I will be the first to eat crow if he turns out to have a solid career.

But ask yourself, where in our teams history has it ever turned out in our favor? Then you’ll understand why there’s not much hope for optimism 

4 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

No comparison to ST21 but it's potentially pretty similar to RG3 at least.

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I will be the first to eat crow if he turns out to have a solid career.

Yeah that's kinda my point.  He's not a pro bowl safety, or rookie of the year QB, or franchise record setting QB.  He's a draft pick playing the most disposable position in the NFL.

I guess I'll just hope that the team isn't giving up as quickly as a lot of folks here.

Maybe it's my military background, but throwing in the towel after an injury is a losing mentality.

Eagles won the Super Bowl with a backup. That doesn't happen if they waste all their energy expressing "woe is me" and "all is lost".

Seriously, it's kind of sad that this many people crumble under the slightest setback.

2 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The bottom line is, Guice will never become the back he was supposed to be.

A torn ACL changes your atheleticsm permanently.

Guess we are gonna be looking at RB again in the 2019 draft.

Terry Allen would tell you differently..Not to mention CT. Its only a matter of time before Payne goes down..

7 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

I guess I'll just hope that the team isn't giving up as quickly as a lot of folks here.

Maybe it's my military background, but throwing in the towel after an injury is a losing mentality.

Eagles won the Super Bowl with a backup. That doesn't happen if they waste all their energy expressing "woe is me" and "all is lost".

Seriously, it's kind of sad that this many people crumble under the slightest setback.

I get the sentiment and I agree in theory.  Of course you don't give up.  So I endorse all that you say.

However, speaking for myself, I thought the running game was the achilles heel by far before the draft.  The idea that the Giants the other team in the East with a bad running game were headed to landing Barkley added to me some angst.

The idea of going to battle with same group of running backs who were 30th in the league, 3.6 yard per carry, against teams with Elliot, Barkley, and the Eagles rotation made me cringe.  Then they draft Guice, and all was good. :)

Now back to the some RB crew who were 30th in the league :mellow:  tough for me to shrug it off especially with the Giants being the other team in our division last year with a mediocre RB game -- upgraded with who most draft geeks think is the next Walter Payton.  Tough to feel good about this today.  but like I said the feeling is new and raw so a lot of us might chill a little more tomorrow after the shock wears off. :)

Archived