Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Movie Scenes

Sacks 'n' Stuff

29 minutes ago, zoony said:

Two scenes from the most underrated movie of all time.  Both NSFW so link only

1.  Gary Oldman is the man... hes come a long way to winning an oscar for Churchill

https://youtu.be/S3S_qqhL_4A

2.  Dennis Hopper -vs- Christopher Walken

https://youtu.be/roeKtHFlxYI

It ain’t whiteboy day, is it?  TR is one of my favorites.  The use of the lamp In that scene is great.  A white pimp with dreads who thinks he’s black.  Only Oldman can pull that off and make him sinister.  Any else does it and it comes out completely silly.

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Jack at his damn best.

A scene that I love, and can't find the clip for anywhere, is from Unbreakable (which is highly underrated, imo). The scene in particular, following Bruce becoming the hero, he is sitting in the kitchen having breakfast and his son walks in and sits down. Bruce quietly slides him the newspaper with the headline "Saved"....the look on his sons face and the unspoken emotion between the two is heavy and powerful.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:20 PM, GhostofSparta said:

T2: Terminator Gives Death the Thumbs Up

In the original screenplay, it was the middle finger. Like, "**** you crying 12 year-old John Conner. Good thing we just stopped Judgement Day because I'm the closest thing you ever had to a dad and now you're going to be even more messed up."

Ok, that's not entirely true. But in the original screenplay, Sara Conner asks Terminator if he is scared and he says yes which seems like a good idea but it's probably best that they scratched that.

Hard for me to pick a great David Lynch scene that isn't flat out crazy, and that just stands on it's own, so this is more of a recommendation. This is an underrated movie. It's slightly quirky in parts, but not weird as hell, unnerving, shocking, or most of what you expect from his movies. It's really slow paced. The underlying message, mostly remains the same remains as in a lot of his movies (I think). Try not to lose sight of what's really important, and don't compromise yourself bit by bit along the way. "Don't give in to the dark side" kind of thing.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:51 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Every time I see an Avengers reference, I think of 60s TV series! Emma Peel!

Yeah, me too.

It saddens me how badly they botched the movie version...and who the **** thought Uma Thurman would be a good Ms. Peel?

On 3/18/2018 at 6:42 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Wow, that was truly horrible.

What makes it horrible to you?  In that one scene, he finds a loophole to get back at the major villain the movie, despite his programming forcing him otherwise (Directive 4), and simultaneously reaffirms his humanity/identity.  To top it off, the engineer/manager guy demonstrates his project actually working,  and the his asshole coworker who attempted to sabotage it gets shot out of the building! 

Archived