Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, who was that chiefs RB that we signed prior to that first regular season game? Actually i think we signed whoever it was in year 2 of zorn. I remember he was awful. 

Larry Johnson. "Fast" Willie Parker was the other vet.

14 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Larry Johnson. "Fast" Willie Parker was the other vet.

Yep. Signed them both in April 2010, so yeah would’ve been for year 1 of Shanahan instead of year 2 of zorn as i originally thought :P one of those two RBs was let go on final roster cutdown day, the other was let go in late September. 

54 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Signed them both in April 2010, so yeah would’ve been for year 1 of Shanahan instead of year 2 of zorn as i originally thought :P one of those two RBs was let go on final roster cutdown day, the other was let go in late September. 

Willie was the first one to get cut, Larry was the one to get cut later. I think we picked up Ryan Torain after that.

We should never have let Quinton Ganther go for those two. Worst decision ever.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Willie was the first one to get cut, Larry was the one to get cut later. I think we picked up Ryan Torain after that.

We should never have let Quinton Ganther go for those two. Worst decision ever.

Ah man, flashback city.  I was "that's a big running back", but that just made it easy for defenses to hit him and injure him because he stood up like he was getting his height measured every play : /

6 hours ago, ultravin said:

AP visiting the skins.  ackward!  coming to the team that took out his knees, courtesy of London.  hopefully coming here will bring him back to when he was in his prime.

I thought that was Dejon Gomes IIRC. I’m sure he’s no longer holding a grudge. 

17 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Or maybe move Iloka to SS, he played there in college. At 6'4 and 225, he could handle it.

This makes no sense. Swearinger is a garbage FS. 

18 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Financial reasons

Ian Rapoport

A stunner: The #Bengals are releasing starting safety George Iloka, per @MikeGarafolo and me. He’s started every game he’s played in since 2013. Purely a financial decision, but a 28-year-old safety hitting the market at this point is good news for interested teams.

Hell yeah. Get this man in here. The last question mark on our defense answered! 

TW blocking for AP, who he trains with in the offseason and both went to Oklahoma together.... yes please. Even if he doesn't have 'IT' anymore, it still moves the needle quite a bit for me. 

Looks to be in great freaking shape, to say the least. Maybe he has a little "Vernon Davis" left in the tank and will surprise us all. 

I think the reason so many seem wary of signing AP is Deion Sanders and the ghosts of preseasons past. I think I’d be okay with it. It’s been a long time since we signed an over the hill superstar and even though that hasn’t worked well for us in the past I don’t we should be haunted by the year 2000 and the legacy of Vinny. 

20 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Or maybe move Iloka to SS, he played there in college. At 6'4 and 225, he could handle it.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This makes no sense. Swearinger is a garbage FS. 

Hell yeah. Get this man in here. The last question mark on our defense answered! 

Did you even read? Guess you missed the part about moving him to SS, like he played in college.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Iloka can play SS... he's used at both in Cincinnati and stacks the box well against the run.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why would anyone sign 2 FS? 

Reading comprehension. Or just maybe some more coffee. No one wants to move Swearinger to SS. Actually, since Manusky likes to flip safety assignments and have both safeties do both, to disguise coverages, one plays one spot, and the other takes the other spot, and the do what the play tells them, not a pure "box" SS or a free roaming pure FS.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

TW blocking for AP, who he trains with in the offseason and both went to Oklahoma together.... yes please. Even if he doesn't have 'IT' anymore, it still moves the needle quite a bit for me. 

Looks to be in great freaking shape, to say the least. Maybe he has a little "Vernon Davis" left in the tank and will surprise us all. 

Vernon Davis was horrible in Denver......................before he came here, and everyone that he was washed up. Just sayin'.

35 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think the reason so many seem wary of signing AP is Deion Sanders and the ghosts of preseasons past. I think I’d be okay with it. It’s been a long time since we signed an over the hill superstar and even though that hasn’t worked well for us in the past I don’t we should be haunted by the year 2000 and the legacy of Vinny. 

At least it's not 2009 and 2010.  Trade a 2nd and 5th for a washed up Jason Taylor, and then trade a 2nd and 5th for a washed up Donovan McNabb.  The McNabb trade made me so angry when it happened (but then as the months ensued I "bought in").

38 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The issue with AP and his child has never sat well with me, which is why I don't want him here.

But in regards to the whole bringing in old superstars issue, I think the difference here would be AP isn't being brought in to be AP, but rather to help the team if possible.  In years past those aging superstars were expected to still be superstars and lead the team.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good segment on RB's now with @RyanWilson_07. Speculated that names like Mike Gillislee, Charcandrick West, Jeremy Hill could be cut soon. All better options than AP in my opinion.

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

lol I just posted this in the RB thread... great minds! :cheers:

34 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

The issue with AP and his child has never sat well with me, which is why I don't want him here.

But in regards to the whole bringing in old superstars issue, I think the difference here would be AP isn't being brought in to be AP, but rather to help the team if possible.  In years past those aging superstars were expected to still be superstars and lead the team.

Honestly, I'd forgotten about that.. Ugh. 

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good segment on RB's now with @RyanWilson_07. Speculated that names like Mike Gillislee, Charcandrick West, Jeremy Hill could be cut soon. All better options than AP in my opinion.

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Maybe because they're used to that compliment role.  

FWIW, washed up AP had almost as many 100 yard games (2) last year as all of those guys have in their careers (3).  

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I feel like it's completely different scenario with AP.  We're just looking for competence at the position to get through the season.  AP wouldnt get a fat multi-year deal like he's still in his prime with high expectations.

Archived