Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where do you shop?

Burgold

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Everything online. Online grocery shopping is a huge time saver. 

I will occasionally go to the mall to buy shoes or clothes for work. Shoes and suits are the only things I will likely never buy online. 

Do you order pershibale's online?  I really want to pick out fresh fruit, veggies and meat myself.  

6 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

You'll have to explain that one to me? Do you Ultras not wear club colORs so the police don't identify you?

I've never been classed as an 'ultra' before. That's tickled me. 

Long story short, it's a Scouse thing. You won't find many better dressed or more fashionable City's anywhere.  A sense of pride to look good to everyone else. I was half messing about Adidas but they'll openly tell you they owe us a heck of a lot. We made wearing sports trabs (sneakers/ shoes) fashionable and the norm back the '70's to the now massive, Worldwide everyday use it is today. Which, related to the match, which we won't go in depth into so as to not bore people, whatever the ****ney's or Mancunians like to claim about the 'terrace style wars', it all started from here. We've always considered ourselves different to the rest of the Country in our political views/ the way we speak/ our taste in music et all. And it naturally manifested itself in how we dressed differently at the match to everyone else. Smartly. Straight cut jeans. Wedge haircuts etc. And fashionable brands. Most often, uhmmm, 'procured' from trips abroad when Europe was almost solely our playground and you couldn't get that gear back home back then. (Adidas/ Fila/ Fred Perry etc. We also changed the way Europeans, not least in Paris, sell shoes. But that's another story.). And then there was this lad Wade Smith who opened up his legendary store off the back of that but that's a whole legendary success story by itself. 

Colours. Scarfs. That's for wools. Most of us are too cool for school to go down that road. :P .

Hail. 

Mostly at the neighbors windows.

Groceries I use Kroger or HEB because I like browsing food.

shoes/boots and clothes usually Academy or BootBarn

electronics are Best Buy and Fry's

I do buy a lot on Ebay and Amazon though mostly work related. 

I lothe to go shopping. Anything I buy comes from Amazon (prime membership pays for itself in shipping). I even order office paper from Prime, two days later it’s on my doorstep. I even save gas money.

If I’m in a pinch I’ll run into Beirut aka Walmart to grab an item I need immediately. Other than that it’s all Amazon for everything but groceries.

We have Kroger her for groceries, rewards points for fuel works for me. They have “click list” now where you order then pick up curbside, but I like to pick my own veggies and meats. I don’t trust a kid to appreciate quality marbling from an overly fatty piece of meat.

Mostly online. 

Amazon, many clothing stores online ( I know my size and can easily return something if it doesn't work out), shoes are nearly easier to buy online nearly all the time. I've even bought custom shoes online. 

Of all things I have to buy in a store...sunglasses. 

Groceries...depend on what part of town I am in, Harris Teeter mostly, but occasionally Food Lion, or even Walmart grocery ( not the regular store). 

That said every now and then... I don't mind going to the mall. Especially when I am in a different city that only sells things in those cities. 

I take my wife to Victoria's Secret to buy Vegas emblazoned stuff every year.  

This shopping season...online for almost everything. 

Only brick and mortar stores I go to anymore are Costco, hardware stores, grocery stores, and Ollie's Bargain Outlet for cheap crap, especially the tools and stanky scented candles that no one likes. My house smells like spiced plums and gardenias way too often. I like candles though, and they're way too expensive anywhere else.

35 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Mostly online. 

shoes are nearly easier to buy online nearly all the time. I've even bought custom shoes online. 

Of all things I have to buy in a store...sunglasses. 

I must have weird feet. Even if I buy the same show they feel different when I try them on. I'm surprised about the sunglasses. I would think that'd be an easy online purchase.

If I want something specific, like electronics or household stuff, I check EBay first and see if I can get a deal.  Usually I can.  If not, I go to Amazon as a backup.

I can't order food online.  I need to see exactly what I am getting.  We get groceries at Gus's Community Market, a mom and pop local store.  Occasional side trip to Safeway or Trader Joes to stock up on some staples.  

Gotta try on shoes before I buy.  Exact fit is everything.   Nordstrom has the best men's show department around.  Other clothes, I rummage around at thrift stores and Goodwill, which is why I look like a hobo most of the time.   

My friend owns one of the best independent bookstores in the country.  I should buy my books there all the time, but often I find myself using Amazon for convenience.  If he knew, he would be sad and disappointed, because Amazon is killing him.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I must have weird feet. Even if I buy the same show they feel different when I try them on. I'm surprised about the sunglasses. I would think that'd be an easy online purchase.

The brand and size should fit the same. 

I know I wear a size 12 in most shoes...some 11.5. 

Besides my custom shoes...never a problem. 

Fail safe...try some on at a local store. 

Sunglasses, I need to see. Some look cool online, then they look silly or they don't fit right over my big ol' face. 

6 minutes ago, Predicto said:

My friend owns one of the best independent bookstores in the country.  I should buy my books there all the time, but often I find myself using Amazon for convenience.  If he knew, he would be sad and disappointed, because Amazon is killing him.

He does, does he? Author's evil ears perk up.

8 minutes ago, Predicto said:

What's the bookstore and do they have a location in the East Bay?

I've said for months and even rambled in the RT thread about how I don't like waiting for online products I ordered. I like to buy things in brick and mortar stores because I don't have to pay for shipping and I can use the product immediately. I tried to buy a new phone case and none of them were really in stock in local stores, they were all online, I don't want to wait 5 or 6 days for that, plus shipping charges. 

That being said some things like clothing it is better to get online. Electronics like a console, cables, TV, you need to buy that in person IMO. 

I almost never shop online.  I like to touch and feel the quality of the product before I buy.  See it in person and stuff.  The only stuff I order online is hard to find items, for example a roll up tono cover for my truck bed.  And I always try to shop at locally owned stores when possible.  Rarely I will go to a big box store if I need several weird items at the same time.  Like a bicycle, lightbulbs, jacket, and lettuce.  Maybe I would go to Walmart.  

My wife shops online all the time.  Even gets clothes.  If they don't fit or she just doesn't like them, she just sends them back.  Seems like too much hassle to me. 

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Amazon, Safeway, Giant, Costco (plus in Austin where I want to live there is the gas station attached), clothes and shoes in a store, because I need an arch. I have tried buying shoes online but always end up returning them.

Wait, I thought you lived in Texas.  Shouldn't you be going to HEB?

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

How do you guys buy groceries online? I would be pissed off if they picked me some janky vegetables or meat.

Mainly Instacart or Amazon Fresh.

The shoppers get tips and/or ratings. 

Some grocery stores may still do their own personal shopping though its rare. 

Archived