Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Net Neutrality 2017

Springfield

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whoever gets the (D) nomination for 2020 better run as this issue at the (near) top of the ticket.   It is really an issue much like pot legalization that both sides support besides a very small percentage.   It would end up either being an easy issue to win on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, NoCalMike said:

Whoever gets the (D) nomination for 2020 better run as this issue at the (near) top of the ticket.   It is really an issue much like pot legalization that both sides support besides a very small percentage.   It would end up either being an easy issue to win on.

I don’t see anyone changing the party they vote for over net neutrality. I don’t think many people understand it. I think most are are following the lead their preferred party has given. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tshile said:

I don’t see anyone changing the party they vote for over net neutrality. I don’t think many people understand it. I think most are are following the lead their preferred party has given. 

I agree, but it could be a weight added to the scale at least.  

My big ones would probably be the tax cuts and healthcare.  Widest wealth gap (in history?) and the wealthy needed more money?  Focus on how the ballooning deficit will lead to suffering for working class Americans in the form of deep cuts to welfare. 

ACA wasn't repealed, but Republicans are gutting it every which way.  I’d also talk heavily about nonpartisan redistricting - including talking about Arnold’s strong support for it.  Another thing I’d hammer on (depending on the candidate of course) - PACs.  

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just days after the massive Mendocino Complex Fire ignited in Northern California, fire officials were getting desperate in their emails to Verizon Wireless. As Santa Clara County firefighters mobilized, they discovered that Internet access had slowed to a crawl on the vehicle they were using to coordinate their response. ......................

The slow data speeds that befell Santa Clara firefighters late last month were eventually rectified — but only after paying a price, Bowden added.

"While Verizon ultimately did lift the throttling, it was only after County Fire subscribed to a new, more expensive plan," he said in his declaration.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/22/640815074/verizon-throttled-firefighters-data-as-mendocino-wildfire-raged-fire-chief-says?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180822

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...