Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

I know this is dealing with a heavy topic but I found this article and it really hit me at my core and echoed some of the feelings I had about the Capitals, especially DSP's presence on the team and his performance in the playoffs. 

https://theundefeated.com/features/the-significance-of-a-stanley-cup-champion-named-devante-smith-pelly/

This part definitely stood out:

I know, I know - "why do you have to make it about race" - but please trust me here: as a black person from the D.C. Area: this matters and it matters a great deal. DSP did a marvelous job in the playoffs and that meant a great deal to me. That makes this championship all the sweeter. 

Caps probably have the largest and most loyal African-American following in the NHL. This is something they need to continue to try and encourage (and I'm sure they will).  

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

We need the ****ing ES TAILGATE out on the national Mall. I know I'll be bringing a ****load of edibles in my backpack. Chips, drinks, sandwiches, you name it. just gonna get there around six and start eating lol

We need to coordinate this. massive tailgate party.

Edibles?? What you listed was not what came to my mind when I read that. I'll be out there, flying in tonight, but I'm not going out to the parade area that early. 

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

just check local Washington DCNBC or cbs live feed

fairly certain they'll stream it

Thanks, I'm worried the NBC Washington site will block me for being in Tampa, every time I try to stream something from that site it makes me log in with my Fios credentials and then says its restricted.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Thanks, I'm worried the NBC Washington site will block me for being in Tampa, every time I try to stream something from that site it makes me log in with my Fios credentials and then says its restricted.

Yup you were smart to check ahead of time. hopefully they will allow you to stream tomorrow

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

I know this is dealing with a heavy topic but I found this article and it really hit me at my core and echoed some of the feelings I had about the Capitals, especially DSP's presence on the team and his performance in the playoffs. 

https://theundefeated.com/features/the-significance-of-a-stanley-cup-champion-named-devante-smith-pelly/

This part definitely stood out:

I know, I know - "why do you have to make it about race" - but please trust me here: as a black person from the D.C. Area: this matters and it matters a great deal. DSP did a marvelous job in the playoffs and that meant a great deal to me. That makes this championship all the sweeter. 

Indeed!  Thanks for posting and sharing this.  I can't lie - after every big play DSP made in the Cup run, my phone was blowing up w/ friends and fam excited that a cat that looks like us stepped up big time, in this sport, for our team!

21 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

My buddy I work with does wood working on the side. He has a CNC router in his garage. He knows what a big Caps fan I am. I went to his house today and he had made this. I was commenting on how awesome it was and he just gave it to me. It’s going right in the man cave. 

33895F1F-D20E-43D1-8B17-501DC7E01011.jpeg

This is sick.  I would pay good money for something like that. If your friend doesn't sell things like this I feel like he probably should.

45 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

holy **** i would buy that.  That is amazing. That isn't a hobby, he has some serious skills

Well, it is amazing.  But its a cnc machine, lets not get carried away

But yes, very very cool

19 hours ago, zoony said:

I just spent an embarassing amount of money in the Caps store on championship gear and collecgibles.

Part of it is pent up want from boycotting redskins merchandise for the last 10 years.  The other part is realizing i have absolutely nothing from any of the 3 skins superbowls

I am well past $500 dollars at this point. My wife is documenting this in the "when you give your husbands too much freedom..." category

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

Well, it is amazing.  But its a cnc machine, lets not get carried away

But yes, very very cool

I have no idea what a CNC machine.  I have no problem paying for things i have 0 expertise in.  

7 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I am well past $500 dollars at this point. My wife is documenting this in the "when you give your husbands too much freedom..." category

I'm not at $500, but i am around $150.  What else did you get besides shirts???

5 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Wait until you have kids.  They will both need stuff too, and stuff  theyll outgrow in 2 years :unsure:

I really, really have my eye on the autographed cup picture, but was able to say no.  Ive got to quit checking back on the site because i might have a moment of weakness.

BTW, this might be a good time to discuss gear and collectibles.  I thought the picture with the piece of a game used puck and net was pretty cool.  Also, I like the look of the away sweater better than home.

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I have no idea what a CNC machine.  I have no problem paying for things i have 0 expertise in.  

Well, google is a pretty cool website.

I agree, i would rather pay for a finished product than buying my own cnc machine.  I was just talking about the mad skills comment on your part.  I know a few woodworkers with `mad skills`, they dont use cnc machines

Not bagging on it though it is a great design, he could definitely sell them

But enough of the hijack, let me check NHL shop to see if any new adds have made it :D

Im reading and watching the Caps celebration. Fountain stuff, cup keg stands, photo after photo of OV taking the Cup where ever he goes. 

World Cup is in Russia this summer. I have a sinking feeling if OV takes the Cup to Russia, it will never come back a la Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring. 

Apologies for being ... 

Image result for debbie downer

17 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

video has audio of what 8 and 19 were saying to each other when they were hugging behind the net. Ovie told him he would pass him the cup first. 2:50 mark. It's the players micced up for game 5. Some other really cool stuff. Trotz to Backstrom "thank you so much I needed this".

UrinatingTree is pretty funny, you can get lost for an hour or two watching him crush franchises across all sports. 

Barry Trotz said there is no practice tomorrow because there is F ing nobody left to beat boys. 

Awesome!

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I have a sinking feeling if OV takes the Cup to Russia, it will never come back a la Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring. 

It is always accompanied by at least one representative from the Hockey Hall of Fame. After 100 days, it'll be back.

Archived