Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I rewatched some of the 1982 Oilers-Kings game last night.  It is amazing how much slower a pace hockey was just 30 years ago.  Passes had a 50 50 shot at being completed and the skaters were slowwwwww... i was struck at how many loose pucks were almost able to come to a complete stop before someone made it over to it.  Compare that to today where outside of icing nary a second goes by that the puck isnt being touched or handled by someone

I realize the nfl was completely different then too, but i will argue with anyone that Lawrence Taylor or Joe Montana could play today.  I dont even think gretzky could make a modern nhl squad.  I know that sacrilege, but whatever, hard not to think that watching those old games

Gretzky, given the benefit of the same training and modern advantages of modern players, would still be Gretzky.  His career overlaps with guys like the Sedins, 

Babe Ruth couldn't get a job as the peanut vendor today tho. :)

Have we heard anything from the Vegas camp? I know they're making some desperation line changes but they seem eerily quiet. I think they're resigned to their fates, they know they're toast. This ain't the 90s Red Wings or Avalanche, this team has no clue how to deal with adversity.

If we score the first goal this could be a Game 7 in Tampa style rout, but for some reason I'm expecting a close game.

I wonder if Vegas will leave some doors open and trot out that sheet of slush like game 1. Their game is way more suited to that frantic puck bouncing over defenders sticks and going on end than we are. The puck going on end bouncing around negates some of our vastly superior top end skill as well. That's a Belichick type move.

2 hours ago, zoony said:

I rewatched some of the 1982 Oilers-Kings game last night.  It is amazing how much slower a pace hockey was just 30 years ago.  Passes had a 50 50 shot at being completed and the skaters were slowwwwww... i was struck at how many loose pucks were almost able to come to a complete stop before someone made it over to it.  Compare that to today where outside of icing nary a second goes by that the puck isnt being touched or handled by someone

I realize the nfl was completely different then too, but i will argue with anyone that Lawrence Taylor or Joe Montana could play today.  I dont even think gretzky could make a modern nhl squad.  I know that sacrilege, but whatever, hard not to think that watching those old games

That's excessive. Gretzky was a 97 point player even at old age in the late 90s when there had been a massive influx in talent and skill.

5 minutes ago, TK said:

FOX 5 Live from DC

Not surprising. I'm down here and it is packed. The metro nearly looked like a normal game day with red everywhere. Every restaurant in chinatown has dozens people deep lines, with the sports bar types being even longer. I've been waiting at the yard house for over an hour now. 

Archived