Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCnews: Kathy Griffin Says She Feels Attacked by Trump, Blames Sexism

RedskinsMayne

44 minutes ago, grego said:

"They"?  Pretty sure Griffin has brought this attention in herself, not just by the photo, but by her outrageous current stand as the victim. 

Yes and no. Do you know how many jokes at politicians roll off their backs or get ignored by politicians or the media?

Yes, it was a bad joke in bad taste. Generally, these are utterly ignored or people in the public or media tsk for thirty seconds and move on. The reason to keep stories like this alive? Someone wants to take advantage of the diversion. The right is gleefully celebrating their victim's complex just as they do everytime they fraudulently wail about the War on Christmas.

The right and Trump do have a valid point that Griffin was being crass, improper and unfunny. Stringing the offense along is a calculated move to distract people from the horrible, destructive, and murderous policies they are trying to enact. And yes, their policies when it comes to the environment and health care can honestly be described as murderous.

23 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Listen sweetie, t<edit>.

heads up: that's a way to go, and often no prob if the context justifies it (staff call, we write about all of this in the rules) but also it's how you risk a rule 5 or 12 action, too.

22 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

So people on the right are pissed off at Her for the pic.  She's upset that Trump responded.  Those on the left are mad because people on the right weren't upset when similar things were done re Obama. And this, people on the right are mad at the left for not being mad about the same thing they were outraged about when it was done to Obama. 

Am am I missing anyone's bs hypocrisy?  Or did I name them all?

You got a good helping of likes, and I liked it for the easy lay-up it was, but you forgot to note your own partisan spin/hypocrite component on display here (no big) as you and others on the right fail to acknowledge that "the lefties" have almost universally denounced Griffin and the only blowback from them really has been at those on the right perceived as trying to over-milk it given their own past on this topic.

As stated,  for 8 years the obama stuff was historically vile and venal and vicious and violent and that's just the v's.  

And much of the right on TV and in here was generally quiet about it, or dismissive about it, and more than a few often defending much of it or even denying it was "a thing" (ala the "exaggerated nature of white > black racism in this country by the left and the blacks" dealio that is near and dear to certain posters in here and many palefaces around the country). 

As has been duly noted by me elsewhere, the same observation can be applied in lesser scale (still more than plenty of it) to hillary. And that stuff directed at her was generally ignored or dismissed/minimized (or even endorsed) by most gopers---many of them good conservative christians of course----because she's hillary.

my first thought reading this yesterday was how mayne got a fairly successful troll out of you guys (but it would have had to be a topic anyway)

14 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Listen here sweetie? Could you be any more condescending?  I am not a snowflake, and my skin is not thin. I don't like Trump, and did not vote for him. I am not Fox News, and I don't control their decisions. They are wrong a lot and should apologize for a bunch of things. What Kathy Griffin did is wrong. You can't justify it by talking about the "wrongs of the other side" while admitting what was done was wrong. 

I apologize for my post's tone but for 9 years there were images, disrespectful comments, etc from people in media, politicians, etc about the first black presidential family and there was not this intensity of to oust the perpetrator. None. Now that an actual monster who has used the platform to be a monster cries about an image, people now think a line has been crossed by a comedian. I'm sorry if my post offended you but this country has offended me. If you weren't calling for people to lose their jobs when it happened to Obama and his family then I really can't take your opinion serious now that Trump had his feelings hurt.

We get your intensity, sweetie *as an older bartender, I claim the reference* LOL...we really do.  (I know I do.) 

Just sometimes use your backspace key, maybe re-phrase.  With the head of the nation being completely without style or class, we must show ours.  It's our secret weapon...we can communicate without insults or wild gestures.:)

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

We get your intensity, sweetie *as an older bartender, I claim the reference* LOL...we really do.  (I know I do.) 

Just sometimes use your backspace key, maybe re-phrase.  With the head of the nation being completely without style or class, we must show ours.  It's our secret weapon...we can communicate without insults or wild gestures.:)

I get it

but I'm also tired of being told that wanting real equality makes me a snowflake or social justice warrior as if that's bad. 

Please don't censor my comedy, it's pretty much the only thing we have left where we can be honest and laugh at each other's idiosyncrasies. I could care less about Kathy Griffin, what she did was awkward and not funny but precedents have been set by the PC crowds on the left and right and in the end it will suck for all of us.

CNN New Year's Eve show with Anderson Cooper for one. She said other venues cancelled her shows too.

Happy 98th Birthday, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, who decades ago wrote:

“Pity the nation whose people are sheep,
and whose shepherds mislead them.
Pity the nation whose leaders are liars, whose sages are silenced,
and whose bigots haunt the airwaves.
Pity the nation that raises not its voice,
except to praise conquerors and acclaim the bully as hero
and aims to rule the world with force and by torture.
Pity the nation that knows no other language but its own
and no other culture but its own.
Pity the nation whose breath is money
and sleeps the sleep of the too well fed.
Pity the nation — oh, pity the people who allow their rights to erode
and their freedoms to be washed away.
My country, tears of thee, sweet land of liberty.”
― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

FB_IMG_1496607020888.jpg

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I apologize for my post's tone but for 9 years there were images, disrespectful comments, etc from people in media, politicians, etc about the first black presidential family and there was not this intensity of to oust the perpetrator. None. Now that an actual monster who has used the platform to be a monster cries about an image, people now think a line has been crossed by a comedian. I'm sorry if my post offended you but this country has offended me. If you weren't calling for people to lose their jobs when it happened to Obama and his family then I really can't take your opinion serious now that Trump had his feelings hurt.

I don't recall calling for Kathy Griffin to lose her job over it. I just can't get behind her claiming to be a victim. People have a right to be offensive. In fact, I defend the right of people to be offensive. Free speech is easy to defend when you agree with that speech. It's more difficult to defend when it offends you. Which is why the environment on college campuses is so disappointing. 

I'm okay with that. If they felt deceived or can't stand behind the work that's an option. 

Besides, it's not Caesar, but King Lear. Trump is the senile, doddering fool of a King demanding each of his heirs prove how much they love him. Princess Bannon and Princess Putin declare their love loudly, but Princess Comey (who is the only one to love honestly) refuses to play games and is exiled. 

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

People are still whining/talking about this?  

They should be moving on to a New York production of Julius Caesar which features Trump getting "brutally stabbed to death by women and minorities.” 

Next week it will be something else, because neither party seems to have any issue with openly day dreaming about violence directed at political opponents.

Think I read that it isn't Julius Caesar. It's King Leer. No violence. Also, the left pretty well panned Griffin and she was forced to apologize. Plus, she's stupid and no one cares about her.

On the right you've got no shortage of examples of Trump boasting or joking about violence, including the assassination of Hillary Clinton, and he's their chosen leader. So, I would normally to have to call this a false equivalency. I know some on the right hate that term. That being the case, I will just call it a false equivalency.

Archived