Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you do for a living???

Renegade7

What do you do for a living?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do for a living? (Check even if self-employed)

• Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
    • Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
    • Architecture and Construction
    • Business Management and Administration
    • Education and Training
    • Finance
    • Government and Public Administration
    • Health Science
    • Human Services
    • Information Technology
    • Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
    • Manufacturing
    • Marketing, Sales and Service
    • Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
    • Transportation, Distribution and Logistics

Just curious : )  Even if you're self-employed, pick whatevers closest.  It's public, and you can pick more then one (I used to do two jobs, too)

I work in IT, Systems Technician in a 200+ node cross platform network with customer facing web servers. I like it, wish I had more time to focus on priorities, which creates its own stress (on top of doing on-call).

I manage an independent auto service station.  I've been there in some capacity since 1998, nearly 20 years now.  Started when I was in high school as a summer job, continued through college in different capacities, now I manage it.

Small business, about 25-30 employees.  Huge amount of volume.  Been a staple of our neighborhood for almost 50 years as a family business.  My position, like many leadership positions in a small business, requires that I wear many hats.  General business management duties, HR duties, marketing duties, IT duties, sales, probably more.

Plus, I started the Ask a Mechanic thread.  That's one of my lifetime achievements.

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh, and in my spare time I make meme's. I was the first one to use iced tea drinking Kermit, crying Michael Jordan, and smug ass Willy Wonka. I was also offered a position as Secretary of Commerce but thought that would interfere with my naps.

You are 4chan?

Now retired due to stroke.

For over 32 years, I managed proposals to Federal, state, and international governments, working mostly as a consultant. The industries supported include IT, telecom, and scientific research services like at Ft. Detrick and Aberdeen. Contracts won probably value several billions. I wasn't responsible for pricing, only technical and management volumes, and submitting the entire proposal. I never submitted a proposal where the technical/management volumes were deemed unacceptable. The last proposal I won was a Seaport-E large business bid for all locations and functional areas last year.  

I own and run a collision and restoration center, or it owns me.

used to be called a body shop before greasemonkies decided to be called technicians :kickcan:

1 minute ago, twa said:

used to be called a body shop before greasemonkies decided to be called technicians :kickcan:

I actually told someone the other day that the only auto body guy I know is in Texas.  (The guy next door to my shade-tree awesome dude just does antiques now.)

1 hour ago, twa said:

I didn't know exactly what you did until now.  I knew that it was in the car business, but that's all.

Archived