Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS RE-SIGN T TY NSEKHE

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

March 20, 2017

REDSKINS RE-SIGN T TY NSEKHE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed exclusive rights free agent tackle Ty Nsekhe. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Nsekhe (6-8, 335) has appeared in 31 career regular season games with six starts. Last season, he appeared in all 16 games for Washington, making four starts across Weeks 10-13. In that four-game span, the Redskins averaged a league-best 435.3 yards per game and allowed only five sacks.

Nsekhe, 31, played collegiately at Texas State and Tarleton State after attending Bowie H.S. in Arlington, Texas. He was born Oct. 27, 1985.

-REDSKINS-

Nseke reminds me of Ray Brown, the way he keeps improving into his 30's. GMSM said last year that he could start at tackle for more than half the teams in the league, and his play bore that out.

The fact that he's still here only proves that a lot of NFL GMs need to find a new optometrist. 

Really good news for us, though. 

We should try and find a way to get him in the starting line-up, I know it would be difficult but last year he was probably our best lineman in the 4 games he played, could we not move everybody 1 position to the left and put Ty at RT? or plug him in at LG?. just my thoughts fellow Skin's. 

HTTR 

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm surprised he didn't get a shot at starting for someone. He's pretty good. Glad we could bring him back.

He was an exclusive rights FA, so no other team could sign him as long as we offered him a tender. Despite his age, I think last year was only his 2nd season on a roster (practice squad years don't count). At the end of this coming year, he would be a RFA, so any team wanting to sign him would have to offer compensation if we tender him at the higher amount.

I would have liked to offer him a modest extension to lock him up for the rest of the decade...maybe we will do that next year.

4 hours ago, markmills67 said:

We should try and find a way to get him in the starting line-up, I know it would be difficult but last year he was probably our best lineman in the 4 games he played, could we not move everybody 1 position to the left and put Ty at RT? or plug him in at LG?. just my thoughts fellow Skin's. 

I'm with you there. I know the purists hate when it's brought up, but our OL was never better than when we kicked TW to LG and Ty was at LT. 

Ty is arguably our 3rd best OL and it's a travesty to keep him on the bench... especially when our current LG is a turnstyle. Callahan is known for cross-training OL, so it'd be great to hear Ty getting work at LG.

24 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I'm with you there. I know the purists hate when it's brought up, but our OL was never better than when we kicked TW to LG and Ty was at LT. 

Ty is arguably our 3rd best OL and it's a travesty to keep him on the bench... especially when our current LG is a turnstyle. Callahan is known for cross-training OL, so it'd be great to hear Ty getting work at LG.

I always thought Moses could play Guard pretty easily, and he has time on the left side.

16 hours ago, Morneblade said:

YAY!

Wonder if he can play NT ;)

Seriously, glad to have him back, played really well when we needed him at either RT or LT.

no, he's to tall.  Poor leverage.  That's actually why when we had no backup Gs available in a game Trent slid in and Ty came in at LT

• I just don't understand how this happened. Did someone copy Bruce's signature onto the contract from another document? Who distracted him? Was it easy to trick him into frantically searching the offices at Ashburn by telling him that Doug Williams was about to make a phone call to one of our guys who's been playing well for us for the past few years, and Doug was gonna say something vaguely complimentary about him?

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, JPG said:

Does this mean he signed his tender and we have him for one year or did we come to a long term deal? It would be nice to lock him up on a good 3 year deal.

It's a 1 yr deal $690,000. None of it guaranteed. Kind of interesting actually. I would have thought he might have gotten a sniff from some other teams. Him only having 2 yrs in the NFL but already age 31 may have something to do with it. Still, he a really solid back-up. Could be a starter fro some teams.

18 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I always thought Moses could play Guard pretty easily, and he has time on the left side.

That would be a pretty good line with Moses at LG and Ty at RT. I doubt they do that. Moses and Scherff have some good chemistry together. And Moses is a lot younger. More likely to keep ty as back-up. I am hoping Arie makes a hard push at LG. Hard enough to run Louvau off the team. With Williams next to him that should be a solid place to run. Yet our run offense to the left side was not good. We ran pretty well to the right. Not so good behind the C and LG and really bad on the left outside - see Reed's inability to block.

It's honestly better than I thought it was before seeing the stats. More proof that the team can run but they didn't commit to it enough. Hope thy self scout, see this and make some adjustments. Must drive Callaghan nuts to see something like this.

Adjusted Line yards by team:

LEFT END LEFT TACKLE MID/GUARD RIGHT TACKLE RIGHT END
  TEAM ALY Rank ALY Rank ALY Rank ALY Rank ALY Rank
1 NO 5.16 4 4.43 9 4.38 3 5.46 1 3.34 19
2 PIT 6.18 1 4.45 8 3.95 15 5.12 3 4.30 7
3 IND 3.52 24 3.90 19 4.95 1 3.46 21 2.87 27
4 TEN 4.38 11 5.15 1 3.74 21 5.13 2 5.57 2
5 DAL 4.92 6 3.83 21 4.44 2 4.66 6 3.92 10
6 WAS 4.20 13 4.46 6 4.03 11 4.55 7 4.55 4

Archived