Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Redskins sign Jay Gruden to two year extension

TSO

59 minutes ago, onedrop said:

opinions should be expressed, i voiced mine essentially stating that assertions arent facts, a position i maintain regularly, you followed up accusing me of being "upset". you proved your hyperbolic style of expression right there.  moving on....

" and some are taking this as a sign to steer their clients away from Washington"..... not them again! those sneaky SOMES, i wish we could find their hideout and end that menace one and for all...

“I’m not exactly sure who’s in charge over there now,” an agent told Jones.".....NOOOOOO, now the ANs are in on it too??!?!?!???!

easy to talk big smack when you arent required to substantiate it or "backup up with reasons" evidence

Exactly how many snarky comments and borderline personal attacks to do you plan on throwing my way anyway?   I backed up my opinions with evidence, I provided agent  quotes from an article as well as the link.   If you disagree with my assessment you are free to do so. But stop telling me my evidence did not exist.

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Exactly how many snarky comments and borderline personal attacks to do you plan on throwing my way anyway?   I backed up my opinions with evidence, I provided agent  quotes from an article as well as the link.   If you disagree with my assessment you are free to do so. But stop telling me my evidence did not exist.

Maybe you should open yourself up to other "media" outlets then...because Keim just said on 980 the he has talked to multiple agents that are currently in contact with GMSM talking about their clients.  So, do we believe Keim or PFT???  With their respective track records I think the answer is obvious. 

8 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Maybe you should open yourself up to other "media" outlets then...because Keim just said on 980 the he has talked to multiple agents that are currently in contact with GMSM talking about their clients.  So, do we believe Keim or PFT???  With their respective track records I think the answer is obvious. 

I was encouraged by that Keim report.  . But of course it's not an either/or thing. Some agent may very well be contacting SM while others are wondering and advising their clients to stay clear of Washington due to the uncertainty. 

27 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I'm sorry, we have 4 important free agents and we worry about extending a coach with 2 years left?

Every day, Bruce Allen looks more and more inept.

Extending your coach makes it easier to keep your FAs. Players wanna play where there is stability among the FO and coaching staff.

16 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Can the posters who are arguing, please take it to PM's, or start a new thread with your debates?  It's no fun scrolling through the back and forth. 

Thanks!

This. 

Take it PMs or go on the List. :)

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Extending your coach makes it easier to keep your FAs. Players wanna play where there is stability among the FO and coaching staff.

While I don't minimize the value of continuity in a coaching staff, Gruden has 2 years left and he can be extended any time.

I honestly don't think that its a consideration for Garcon, Baker, or DJax. 

It sounds like Cousins issue is money and he holds all of the cards at the moment.

12 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

While I don't minimize the value of continuity in a coaching staff, Gruden has 2 years left and he can be extended any time.

It sounds like Cousins issue is money and he holds all of the cards.

Maybe, but with all the talk going on in recent weeks with the GM and all that, its a good sign to your FAs and really the rest of the league that you're committed to this direction and you show that by extending your coach.

I will say though that the timing of it makes it seem like desperation and a PR move to counter all the recent bad press. This should have been done in early January.

2 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

It sounds like Cousins issue is money and he holds all of the cards.

Yeah I think the same thing. Kirk has made it clear that he feels a responsibility to set the bar as high as possible for the next QB whose contract is up.  That's why I never bought into the theory that he doesn't want to play here or why on Earth would he want to go to SF or what the Gruden extension means in his decision.   Kirk will go where the offer is the highest once he has that right and there is nothing wrong with, he has earned it.  

2 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

THE List?

I agree, but if that's his only interest, I don't want to hear him talk about all he wants to do is win a Super Bowl.

Until we hear numbers each side is throwing around, kind of a moot point.

Yeah but once this is all settled don't you think they will come to an agreement and Kirk stays?  I certainly do.  Teams do not give up on top 10-13 QBs because they know how hard they are to replace.  Not sure the Gruden extension will be a critical factor but it sure can't hurt.

The ability of this fanbase and media to take good news and turn it into portends of doom by assuming 95% of their entire hypothesis on why this is the latest gigantic **** up is simply astounding.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah but once this is all settled don't you think they will come to an agreement and Kirk stays?  I certainly do.  Teams do not give up on top 10-13 QBs because they know how hard they are to replace.  Not sure the Gruden extension will be a critical factor but it sure can't hurt.

I certainly hope that they don't give up on Cousins.  I think its time they suck it up, sign  him, and learn from the mistake of not signing him last year.

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

“I’m not exactly sure who’s in charge over there now,” an agent told Jones."

Probably just Albert Haynesworth's agent blowing some steam. :ols:

Nothing to read there, 1 agent does not make up facts and this agent does not even need to know.

1 hour ago, sempre_victrix said:

I certainly hope that they don't give up on Cousins.  I think its time they suck it up, sign  him, and learn from the mistake of not signing him last year.

I was actually OK with the organization's decision not to sign Kirk last offseason.  Up until then he had really only had 1/2 of a great season and I didn't want the team to get sucked into committing to another Nick Foles or Mark Rypien.   They knew they would have to pay to get another look and that's where they find themselves now.

1 hour ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Probably just Albert Haynesworth's agent blowing some steam. :ols:

Nothing to read there, 1 agent does not make up facts and this agent does not even need to know.

The great thing is Jones headline was "some people are saying", and then you read the article and find it was "one agent".

I know the more sensationalized it is, the more it sells, but that's just straight up lying at that point.

1 hour ago, Bang said:

The ability of this fanbase and media to take good news and turn it into portends of doom by assuming 95% of their entire hypothesis on why this is the latest gigantic **** up is simply astounding.

~Bang

Read the new Florio piece on PFT, this dude can't stop lashing out at us. He even used the forbidden word Redskins ! :rofl89:

32 minutes ago, justice98 said:

We have seen the team pull the okie done on extensions before.  The hot seat still isn't far away.  

What are you referring to? Snyder has never extended a head coach during his entire period of ownership. This is the first time.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

~Bang

Case in point:

Liz ClarkeVerified account @lizclarketweet

Without a word of endorsement, gratitude or optimism from team owner or pres, #Skins confirm Gruden contract ext

tumblr_m96ryn75bK1qd9agqo2_500.gif

v0dMY.gif

Archived