Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

24 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Also its disheartening, the number of mediots who take Kushner's getting a clearance as him out from under criminal investigation.

One or two of two things happened.

1) Trump changed the law (as per above)

2) Kushner sang like a canary and gave away the entire place

Neither really helps Trump in this mess.

Exactly, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Kushner has turned informant and if so it could be said that he would be more valuable reporting on impropriety occurring during classified meetings while on a tight leash.

He has a 6 hour meeting with mueller after a 1st interview that went 3 hours, which means way more follow-up questions. Then, kush’s lawyer comes out and tries to thread the needle of implying his client is a witness rather than target while also admitting that mueller did NOT give him that explicit assurance. Which means he has some other assurance, or else his lawyer would be doing more to protect him from exposure. And this is happening all the while the 666 property is hanging over Kush’s Head. 

18 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Exactly, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Kushner has turned informant and if so it could be said that he would be more valuable reporting on impropriety occurring during classified meetings while on a tight leash.

I know we all want Trump to go down, but let’s try to keep it as real as we can in here. :)

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I know we all want Trump to go down, but let’s try to keep it as real as we can in here. :)

I am. Kush has got a **** load of potential legal exposure from that 666 property, he was lobbying internationally for help there during the campaign. Plus, by his accounts he was responsible for trumps digital campaign which is more potential exposure. 

Second you have guliani going on tv and saying kushner is disposable but Ivanka isn’t. What kind of message does that send?

kushner will flip on trump if he’s facing time and any information he is privy to will make it to mueller. Kush’s Dad is in federal prison right now, he’ll be quick to counter any “fall on your sword” talk from trumps side. 

Edited by Fresh8686

And it's already likely Kushner is a leakyboy.

Consider how positive the Javanka coverage was early in the administration.  Generally, when you get fluffed in pieces it's because you're leaking.

Eventually his criminal activities caught up with him and people probably started asking him more about his own activities than internal whitehouse stuff and he stopped answering.

If he's willing to leak to newspapers for positive coverage, it's likely you'll talk to save your butt.

• Like 1

White House spokesman Raj Shah said the group, known as the Gang of Eight, will huddle with officials representing the Justice Department, law enforcement and intelligence “following the Memorial Day recess.” 

The plans, which were first reported by ABC News, were also confirmed to The Hill by a congressional source.

Shah said in a statement that Thursday’s planned meeting with House Republicans “will proceed as previously scheduled.” The meeting is expected to cover a range of issues related to the Russia investigation and the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders explained the initial decision to leave Democrats out was because they had not requested the information and therefore did not deserve to be “randomly invited.”

Schiff told reporters on Tuesday night that the Justice Department and the FBI had told him that Nunes "refused" to receive the briefings in the same room as Schiff.

Edited by visionary

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

And it's already likely Kushner is a leakyboy.

Consider how positive the Javanka coverage was early in the administration.  Generally, when you get fluffed in pieces it's because you're leaking.

Eventually his criminal activities caught up with him and people probably started asking him more about his own activities than internal whitehouse stuff and he stopped answering.

If he's willing to leak to newspapers for positive coverage, it's likely you'll talk to save your butt.

Unless Ivanka put her foot down and told him she'd divorce him. And Dad would fire him.

14 hours ago, visionary said:

Literally every quote in that piece is insane.

"Dems will only get briefed on this highly sensitive information that partisan republicans are requesting for patently partisan purposes only a week AFTER the partisan republicans get to see it."

"Dems shouldn't get to see the highly sensitive data we inappropriately requested because they didn't request it."

"Republican committee leader refuses to let his co-chair come to meeting."

Like holy crap.  This kind of stuff just isn't done.  Their terror at what they will learn is palpable and they have no qualms about being obvious about it so long as they get a head start of some sort.

Thankfully it appears gang of 8bwill be briefed today too at 2, only 2 hours behind.

Edited by DogofWar1

My thinking is that there's exactly one reason for Nunes to forbid any Democrat presence at the briefing.  

So that he can walk out of the meeting, and lie about what was said.  

(Heck, if I'm the FBI, I'm tempted to tell the two groups different things.  just so that I'll know which one leaked it.)  (And then prosecute them.)  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 4

Part of me wanted no dems to attend any meeting, so that when leaks inevitably happened the list of potential leakers was short and had all Rs on it.  However, the importance of keeping the WH and Nunes from being able shape the narrative overcomes that.  When information leaks, and it undoubtedly will, it is crucial that someone is able to correct the record who isn't DOJ.

• Like 2

The republican meeting is likely going to be one long charade on how to minimize damage, frame the narrative, and be first on the messaging.  All they are interested in doing is further poisoning the well.  They all belong out of a job if not in jail.

• Like 2

"I see your schedule opened up.  Do you want to come in early, like 830, or maybe a little later, like 10?  I figure we'd break for lunch at 1 and if you want to finish before 5 we should probably start no later than 9am."

- Mueller, probably.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The republican meeting is likely going to be one long charade on how to minimize damage, frame the narrative, and be first on the messaging.  All they are interested in doing is further poisoning the well.  They all belong out of a job if not in jail.

Well DAJ Rosenstein and CIA head Wray will be there so they can't do too much scheming with them present.

Which is probably why they wanted the gang of 8 meeting after Memorial day.  Give the Trumpsters time to process the info and plan their next move before the gang of 8 gets the info and can combat Trump's nonsense narrative.

• Like 1

Late breaking news prior to meeting is that Pelosi got invited to noon meeting and she was sending Schiff in her place.  Haven't seen anything confirming that, anyone see tweets on that?

Also, in case anyone thought WH was doing this for legitimate reasons:

This is like the 10th wildly inappropriate thing in a row about this series if events.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, visionary said:

Has Trump or the administration mentioned this yet?

Trump: "Nobody knows for sure who did this.  It could have been some 400 pound guy sitting on his bed playing Missile Command."

21 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Late breaking news prior to meeting is that Pelosi got invited to noon meeting and she was sending Schiff in her place.  Haven't seen anything confirming that, anyone see tweets on that?

Pelosi got invited to the first meeting?  Are you sure?  She's on the list for the second meeting, but so is Adam Schiff already.

Edit:  Apparently so.  According to this, Schiff went to the first, previously GOP only meeting.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/pelosi-adam-schiff-will-join-gop-only-briefing-on-russia-investigation

Edited by Dan T.