Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

The FBI wanted to sabotage the Trump campaign by

*checks notes* 

not revealing their investigation into him until way after the election, while openly investigating his political opponent. 

Makes sense.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

One of the more amazing aspects of this entire investigation are the amount of people that I used to respect that have sold their souls for money and say absolutely bat-**** crazy things/lies to defend Trump and screw our entire nation.

At least I think it’s about money for some of these people. (Not talking about Guiliani. He’s clearly just crazy at this point)

• Like 1

Oh, myself, I suspect that for a lot of the GOP in Washington, (as well as for our most visible Trump defender), it's more about Party loyalty than anything else.  

Maybe, in the case of a lot of his defenders in Congress, etc, it's about fear of the Trump voters.  

No, I would suspect that the number of people who have actually worked out an explicit deal in which they defend Trump in exchange for money is incredibly small.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was zero.  

If they are smart, they are making money from Trump and Republican policies like the tax cut. He's not going to do anything about Big Pharma prices because it will cut their profits.

Anything that will actually help human beings, he makes big speeches then crickets. Anything that hurts human beings he goes about in stealth, except for the tax scam. But we aren't hearing much about how good it is for the 99%ers because it's only good for the 1%ers.

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

Oh, myself, I suspect that for a lot of the GOP in Washington, (as well as for our most visible Trump defender), it's more about Party loyalty than anything else.  

Maybe, in the case of a lot of his defenders in Congress, etc, it's about fear of the Trump voters.  

No, I would suspect that the number of people who have actually worked out an explicit deal in which they defend Trump in exchange for money is incredibly small.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was zero.  

I think it's a toxic feedback loop at this point.

The conservative media, the GOP base and the party itself have constructed an alternate reality devoid of any accountability or facts with no intention of navigating within the bounds of our institutions and norms. 

It is up to voters at this point to punish this level of deception and obfuscation. If they don't, it's abundantly clear that the GOP is well on its path at dismantling our political system with plenty of cooperation from foreign authoritarian states. 

It makes me sick to my stomach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I wrote that, I just noticed that Fox and Friends + Trump have launched a full blown fact-free campaign of bull**** this morning.

He is also quoting bull**** form NRATV about how the investigation was a political witchhunt. One has to wonder why the NRA, a supposed gun rights organization, is mounting a propaganda campaign into a law enforcement counterintelligence investigation.

We are solidly headed towards a constitutional crisis at this point that may very well destroy this country. All because the dumbasses who vote for the GOP decided that a reality TV buffoon who has lived a life of deception and corruption can be trusted to lead this country.

This is a creeping fascist takeover of the US.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Larry said:

I wasn’t necessarily referring to people within the GOP but without question some of them know they have to be in line with the party in order to make money. 

File under "duh"

Rudy's goal is to try and push Mueller to make public statements contradicting him to get some more info on the situation inside the investigation, or, alternatively, treat his silence as agreement, so when something contradicts Rudy he can be all "oh but he said X before, he lied to me, standard Deep State deception" and try to rally the troops against Mueller.

As for how the GOP elected officials can be so complicit, I feel like, among the reasons for their acts, this is solidly 40%+ about Roe v Wade.  People like Ryan do it 90+% for corporate stooges, Dana R does it 100% for Russia, but most I feel like, on average, have Roe looming large in their mind.

They want the courts so it can be overturned.  That means they need the Presidency and Congress.  To get those two they need corporate (and apparently, foreign) money.

All of....this....it's pursuant to that goal.  Sure, they'll take all the corporate power grabs and minority suppression, among other things, that comes with it gladly, but in large part they want Roe v. Wade overturned.l, and America won't be great again until that happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, visionary said:

Russia is waging an information war against the West and they succeeded in the greatest country in the world.

It's a sickening thought that an American used their assistance to find his way to the white house and take control of the country. The smaller countries in Europe  better hope their citizens are wiser than ours.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Russia is waging an information war against the West and they succeeded in the greatest country in the world.

It's a sickening thought that an American used their assistance to find his way to the white house and take control of the country. The smaller countries in Europe  better hope their citizens are wiser than ours.

We’re only great in military and economic might. The values we claim our country represents are just window dressing. Culturally, our “Christian” society is morally bankrupt and always has been. Our values only extend to white males. Our economic system (with the exception of one brief era defined by true reform) is designed to protect and promote the wealthy at the expense of everyone else. 

In other words, it’s not surprising that Russia found an easy way to destroy the US from within without a single bullet fired. Our society and economic system are closer to their authoritarian oligarchy than many dare admit. 

• Thanks 2

I am going to post this link to Hillary Clinton's address on Class Day at Yale on Sunday. It's long, almost 30 minutes, I think worth the watch. If she had been elected, we wouldn't have this current crisis to our Constitution,  the rule of law, and level of corruption we are now experiencing. 

BTW, look at the comments, bunches written in Russian. Since I can't read Russian, I don't know what they say. It's telling that they are there at all.

I almost feel better that its in person.  Trump is a rube, he is easily flattered into submission, and he's also a relative coward when it comes to confronting people.  He would always just sort of freeze people out or send others to fire them.  If Trump actually meets in person he should be putty in their hands, and it should buy them a bit of time.

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yo it is 3:32pm and I haven't seen any updates on the meeting.  Twitter is failing me, I need to know if Democracy is dead or not.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling like I have a drug habbit. 

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Bad news, homies

How is this bad news?