Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I can't even speculate whether he's drinking again or not.  It could be a completely new, non-alcohol thing going on.  But the grandmother story is flimsy.  Something non-grandmother is going on.

No kidding.  It's almost as if Danny and his errand-boy Bruce came up with an excuse so idiotic even a casual observer would know it didn't check out......

11 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

By the way, I think it's odd to say "drinking again." Didn't that ESPN article a few years ago establish that he never stopped drinking? He was drinking during the freaking interview as I recall. The question with Scot is always "problem drinking," right?

Scot was drinking "light beer" during said interview and justified it because of it being "light". It was laughable then, now not so much maybe.

47 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Are there opportunities to interview people after the combine?  Usually at individual school pro-days, right?

If so, missing combine might not be the worst thing.  Buncha numbers and medical reports that can be viewed later.  So long as interviews can happen another time, the combine is disposable.

Not that it makes his absence less unusual from the norm, but it may explain logically why his absence might be okay.

The only thing we know right now is that Chris Russell is talking to different "sources" than everyone else.  Because only he is breaking a doom and gloom story.

He might be right, it's too early either way, but we at least have conflicting stories.

Sure there are opportunities to interview players at other times, but why miss out when they are all in one place the same weekend?  Scot can't fly to every pro-day.  There are limits on the # of players you can bring in for pre-draft visits.  

There might be a valid reason he's not there, but it's strange when your top personnel guy is missing.  If Ozzie Newsome isn't at the combine then it's a story and you can bet the Ravens would release a statement as to why.   

I guess with the Kirk news taking a positive turn with the EFT and his agent talking as if a LTD is in the works and things are progressing positively, the local media needs something else that is negative they can talk about so they are rolling with this.

30 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Not if you take the word of his wife.

Or can we be selective in taking the word of his wife?

Diana Russini is a flirt. She wore skimpy outfits at the Bon Secour training center. Who the hell knows if Scot was trading info for humps...perhaps Mrs. McCloughan didn't like the fact that this young 20 something reporter was flirtatious with her man?

Again, hyperbole and speculation. 

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I guess with the Kirk news taking a positive turn with the EFT and his agent talking as if a LTD is in the works and things are progressing positively, the local media needs something else that is negative they can talk about so they are rolling with this.

This guy gets it.

4 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Say what you want, but it never turns out well when your wife becomes your voice on Twitter.

Especially wives you meet in rehab who mock people for "making five-figure incomes."

"Keep grinding it out for that 5-figure salary." That was her twitter bio at one time. 

But I also love this comparison. Both of these lines came from this woman. Now, let's guess, which came from Tony Wylie and which is an unaltered original thought? 

"Please tell us how many BJs you had to give to get this story. And did they laugh at you before or after?" 

"I deeply apologize for the disparaging remarks. I have the utmost respect for both the reporter and ESPN." 

The above was the "swinging gate" of recent Redskins PR history, lol.

So yeah, Jessica's not helping.  

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

We think the Kirk news is positive?

If you want KC to be around and get a LTD done, then yes the recent news of the EFT and what his agent has said is positive.  If you want him gone, then it's negative.  All of the negative speculation about him leaving and being traded that the media has been going along with the past months is basically out the window at this point.  Now that they can't go on baseless speculation because there are facts out there saying the contrary, they need to find something else negative to talk about, and here we are.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

He may not be a big 40 yard dash and weight lift guy, but he did say he put a lot of weight on the interviews and getting inside a player's head to get a sense of their hunger and drive.

Again, I don't know if this is something, but it's more than strange.

Exactly.  I don't mean to sound rude here but these posts that are still claiming it's no big deal for a GM to skip the combine are driving me crazy.  Of course it's a big deal.  It never happens.  Ever. So yeah, this is a big deal.  Wake up  folks. 

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Exactly.  I don't mean to sound rude here but these posts that are still claiming it's no big deal for a GM to skip the combine are driving me crazy.  Of course it's a big deal.  It never happens.  Ever. So yeah, this is a big deal.  Wake up  folks. 

I have to agree. Now, there may be a legit reason for him not to attend. Things can happen which have way more priority than your job. I don't even need to know what that it if it's the case because it's none of my business.  Even with all that said, it's very strange and stretches credulity. A GM needs to be at a combine. I didn't care about the gag and thought Cooley's accusation was outrageous esp. since he hedged it as "unfounded speculation."

This absence is significant.

Honestly, I think the combine is overrated. GMSM absence is not going to make or break this season. 

Like Jerry Glanville once said. "I go to the combine every year and see guys run the fastest, lift the most weights and jump the highest and a lot of those guys are no where to be found on Sunday afternoons." 

If we miss the playoffs, it won't be because GMSM missed the combine.

Just now, thebeermonkey said:

The PR department of the organisation is horrendous

I agree with that. If this whole thing is nothing but some BS, the Redskins can put an end to it. So far, they chose not to.

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Honestly, I think the combine is overrated. GMSM absence is not going to make or break this season. 

Like Jerry Glanville once said. "I go to the combine every year and see guys run the fastest, lift the most weights and jump the highest and a lot of those guys are no where to be found on Sunday afternoons." 

If we miss the playoffs, it won't be because GMSM missed the combine.

And if anyone should be listened to on how to run an NFL franchise in 2017, it's Jerry Freaking Glanville.....

1 minute ago, thebeermonkey said:

The PR department of the organisation is horrendous

That, I can agree with. **** is constantly flung their direction, and they constantly eat it, allowing outside forces to shape their own narrative about what is or isn't going on, simply through their refusal to respond to it with authority and check these mother****ers

Archived