Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who stays? Garcon or DJax???

Renegade7

Who stays???  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR should the Redskins re-sign this offseason???

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

As soon as the season ended, he was fine. Either he's a **** or he's going to start trying. 

Why wouldn't he have been fine before the season ended, for instance 2 weeks ago? What difference was there in two weeks ago and now? That's the part I don't get. 

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He said he's fine now that the season is over.

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

As soon as the season ended, he was fine. Either he's a **** or he's going to start trying. 

Any player can say he's fine. And they basically always do.

How often do you hear a player vocalize that he's really struggling with a lingering injury.

did he get interviewed two weeks before the end of the season?

i seem to remember someone saying he could have played the last few weeks if he pushed himself 

in the end, fine is relative. 

No point in lying at the end of the season, but who knows. 

I remember all the hype on desean suppose to be having a break out season..maybe he seen the emergence of crowder(man crush)and got sour about it making him regress, I mean he still got a thousand yards but not the ball as much as he would like...god it feels good knowing crowder will be here next year..Garcon HAS GOT TO STAY, ABSOLUTELY NO IF ANDS OR BUTTS!!...I want him to retire a redskin...I love Garcon, love watching him...I love redskins football, love watching it..always have, I've got a list of my all time favorite redskins to watch..and Garcon has landed on that list..ideal scenario is to keep both...especially with Doctson on the fence...not sure why but I'm smelling a uhhh Ummm,..dude from Michigan St a few years back...we traded out of the first and had two second round picks..one was a wr from Michigan St...total bust..I hope I'm wrong about Doctson....if he does pan out we got our selves in a nice situation in the wr department specially with my man crowder...so I voted both, but if we could only have one it would have to be the french fry!

31 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

did he get interviewed two weeks before the end of the season?

i seem to remember someone saying he could have played the last few weeks if he pushed himself 

in the end, fine is relative. 

No point in lying at the end of the season, but who knows. 

Doctson said if he was allowed to he thought he might have been able to play in the playoffs.

He wasn't allowed to, we didn't make the playoffs, and overall its a non-story. Mostly just supposed to convey that he's getting better and who knows if that's true.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/01/2017 at 3:07 AM, BraveWarrior said:

If I could only keep one, I'd keep Garcon. Jackson is good at what he does, but he's a bit of a one-trick pony. Garcon does more. And he's tougher.  

It seems many agree with you. However I have to be honest, Jackson maybe a one trick pony, but who on the team can do what he does, inconsistent or not.  Is he value for money?  Hmm. Without doing any analysis, I feel although he does not catch the ball he does stretch defences.  If we have someone who can do his job, by all means dash him. 

Funny for me reading this.  Seems like the media-fans in Philly have been celebrating in advance about the notion of D-Jax badly wanting to return there.  Heck here in South Florida about 6 weeks ago or so, I was wearing a D-Jax shirt and an Eagles fan approached me at a store saying you know he's going back to Philly, right?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/DeSean-Jackson-wants-to-stay-in-DC-blasts-image-they-put-out-of-me-in-Philly.html

After so much chatter about the potential of DeSean Jackson returning to the Eagles as a free agent, now he says he wants to stay in Washington.

"I definitely do want to be here," the wide receiver told Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic on a TV show produced by the Redskins.

Jackson also conceded that he hasn't forgotten how the Eagles portrayed him when they cut him amid rumors of off-field issues, including locker room chemistry problems and allegations of gang ties.

"I felt, you know, coming from Philadelphia, the image they put out of me, I think I had three years to go out there and prove to everybody that no, he's not that type of guy," he said. "He's a team guy. He loves to obviously get the ball - what receiver do you know, or do you want, on your team that don't want to get the ball? And then as far as I am around the locker room with my teammates and all the guys, the coaches, I think, you know, I've proved and showed to everybody."

D Jax isn't going to Philly. A contender that needs an explosive WR to put them over the top will go after him hard. Someone like Seattle or maybe he reunites with Andy Reid in Kansas City(they need playmakers BAD).

Garcon I have no idea. He's a solid possession WR who's reliable and will age well. I could see Baltimore wanting him. He fits that Raven persona.

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Funny for me reading this.  Seems like the media-fans in Philly have been celebrating in advance about the notion of D-Jax badly wanting to return there.  Heck here in South Florida about 6 weeks ago or so, I was wearing a D-Jax shirt and an Eagles fan approached me at a store saying you know he's going back to Philly, right?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/DeSean-Jackson-wants-to-stay-in-DC-blasts-image-they-put-out-of-me-in-Philly.html

After so much chatter about the potential of DeSean Jackson returning to the Eagles as a free agent, now he says he wants to stay in Washington.

"I definitely do want to be here," the wide receiver told Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic on a TV show produced by the Redskins.

Jackson also conceded that he hasn't forgotten how the Eagles portrayed him when they cut him amid rumors of off-field issues, including locker room chemistry problems and allegations of gang ties.

"I felt, you know, coming from Philadelphia, the image they put out of me, I think I had three years to go out there and prove to everybody that no, he's not that type of guy," he said. "He's a team guy. He loves to obviously get the ball - what receiver do you know, or do you want, on your team that don't want to get the ball? And then as far as I am around the locker room with my teammates and all the guys, the coaches, I think, you know, I've proved and showed to everybody."

The Majority of Fans do not want him back . Alot didnt want him to leave back then  but now he is not worth what he would want .  THere are better options that may hiy FA

2 minutes ago, jphilly said:

The Majority of Fans do not want him back . Alot didnt want him to leave back then  but now he is not worth what he would want .  THere are better options that may hiy FA

Yeah, okay. Your receivers are complete garbage. Don't sit here and tell me Philly doesn't want him back when he's at least the second or third best option out there lol. 

12 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Yeah, okay. Your receivers are complete garbage. Don't sit here and tell me Philly doesn't want him back when he's at least the second or third best option out there lol. 

I guess you dont read well either . I will put it in bold for you  HE IS NOT WORTH WHAT HE WOULD WANT.   Before he was booted from Philly .  He was already crying about getting a new contract 2 years into the one he just signed .  He was short arming "alligator arms "  catches  , not finishing routes ,   giving up on plays and he even would not chase down his own Ints .  New team , Rookie QB  no one needs someone like Djax around .  trust me most fans do not want him , there is better options .  He is 30 year old 1 trick pony.   

The Majority of teams feel same way NFC at least  unless they can get him  below 5 mil a year . I dont know about AFC as much as Im only on a few MBs of theirs

1 hour ago, jphilly said:

I guess you dont read well either . I will put it in bold for you  HE IS NOT WORTH WHAT HE WOULD WANT.   Before he was booted from Philly .  He was already crying about getting a new contract 2 years into the one he just signed .  He was short arming "alligator arms "  catches  , not finishing routes ,   giving up on plays and he even would not chase down his own Ints .  New team , Rookie QB  no one needs someone like Djax around .  trust me most fans do not want him , there is better options .  He is 30 year old 1 trick pony.   

The Majority of teams feel same way NFC at least  unless they can get him  below 5 mil a year . I dont know about AFC as much as Im only on a few MBs of theirs

His worth is subjective. He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay him. And I'm willing to bet Philly, with their absolutely awful receiver situation, would be more than willing to pay Desean handsomely to return. 

Just because you've visited some message boards and those "fans" don't want to pay him anymore than $5M a season means nothing when it comes to actual decision makers. I mean you idiots paid Chip Kelly more than that to completely destroy your franchise. 

I think the "who will age better" question is more significant as to who we're willing to pay than we think. I imagine that's a big part of the (perfectly healthy, for the love God) arguments regarding the matter between Jay and Scot, if they exist as reported in the first place. 

On the surface, I'd say it's Garçon since his style of play seems to generally last the longest. Anquan Boldin is a great comparison. 

But then I also agree with those who say DJax has that natural, almost effortless speed that guys like Darrel Green or even Sproles never seem to lose. 

I think Djax is the bigger danger of becoming an expensive vet who doesn't produce like he used to (simply because his entire game is predicated upon speed - even the underneath stuff, since it's the fear of getting beat that forces DBs to give him that space), whereas Garçon has the higher chance of remaining consistent the next few years, but it's close. 

This such an intriguing debate. I don't think there's a right or wrong here. 

50 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

His worth is subjective. He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay him. And I'm willing to bet Philly, with their absolutely awful receiver situation, would be more than willing to pay Desean handsomely to return. 

Just because you've visited some message boards and those "fans" don't want to pay him anymore than $5M a season means nothing when it comes to actual decision makers. I mean you idiots paid Chip Kelly more than that to completely destroy your franchise. 

your argument was not about the FO . You were talking about its fans that is in which I was first talking about then which I replied to you about .   Please choose which you want to talk about so I can reply correctly . Because obviously no one here can decide on  who stays or goes on either  the Eagles or Redskins .  

You are a very confusing young man . BTW so its hard to make any sense on stuff as you go back and forth and some 180s .   BTW  I didnt pay CHip KElly .... Jeff Lurie did .  Im just a Football fan  with a opinion just like you.

53 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I think the "who will age better" question is more significant as to who we're willing to pay than we think. I imagine that's a big part of the (perfectly healthy, for the love God) arguments regarding the matter between Jay and Scot, if they exist as reported in the first place. 

On the surface, I'd say it's Garçon since his style of play seems to generally last the longest. Anquan Boldin is a great comparison. 

But then I also agree with those who say DJax has that natural, almost effortless speed that guys like Darrel Green or even Sproles never seem to lose. 

I think Djax is the bigger danger of becoming an expensive vet who doesn't produce like he used to (simply because his entire game is predicated upon speed - even the underneath stuff, since it's the fear of getting beat that forces DBs to give him that space), whereas Garçon has the higher chance of remaining consistent the next few years, but it's close. 

This such an intriguing debate. I don't think there's a right or wrong here. 

.... I thought the Boss took away your  Ability to think.  :ph34r:   Im telling :P 

Archived