Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who stays? Garcon or DJax???

Renegade7

Who stays???  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR should the Redskins re-sign this offseason???

Need to resign. Garcon. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin. Solid and reliable receiver. Gotta have leaders on the team and I believe he fits that mold. He's got a few years left in him. He's let it be known he wants to be here. What more can you ask for.

Jackson is already on the next flight to Philly.

12 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Need to resign. Garcon. He reminds me of Anquan Building. Solid and reliable receiver. Gotta have leaders on the team and I believe he fits that mold. He's got a few years left in him. He's let it be known he wants to be here. What more can you ask for.

Jackson is already on the next flight to Philly.

Agree with you, there. Like, Anquan, his game can still work as he gets older. He always makes the tough catches. Plus, I don't know how really important it is, but he is one of the few who is always feisty and ready to mix it up. Whenever there is a dustup on the field, he always is in the other guy's face, and has his teammates back.

30 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

DJax has already picked his next location. Lucky for the Skins that he played strong through a contract year.  I wish him well.

As for Garcon, I can't believe he'd get any more than 3/15.  The Skins should match anything in that area.

I'd say Jay gave a strong hint today that its Garcon he wants back when he got into his drill about leadership not just performance when asked about FAs.  Doubt we can Garcon back at 5 million a year.  I think he likely matches the 8 million he got previously.  Yeah he's older but the market has risen since he signed here.

I would be okay with letting both of them walk, signing Vernon Davis, and use the money on defense

With Doctson, Crowder, and Reed, thats plenty of weapons.  Offense is probably too crowded when you look at the defensive side of the ball

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd say Jay gave a strong hint today that its Garcon he wants back when he got into his drill about leadership not just performance when asked about FAs.  Doubt we can Garcon back at 5 million a year.  I think he likely matches the 8 million he got previously.  Yeah he's older but the market has risen since he signed here.

There are no direct comps out there for a 31 year old #2 receiver.  But the loose comps that do exist, are right on 3/15.  This is also a monster FA year for #2 WRs, meaning the market is flooded, and prices will be low.   Plenty of guys out there to roll the dice on for cheap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

Man, we didn't really blow too many teams out this year.  Wins were close, we were bad in the redzone....those bombs to Jackson pretty much single handedly won a number of games the last 2 years.  Bam, 6 points.  That would be missed more than I think we're realizing.

Crowder is the only one I'm super comfortable with.  Reed and Doc make me injury-nervous....we were so proud of our stacked WR group, and I'd like to keep it that way.  Somehow.  Both of them.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I would be okay with letting both of them walk, signing Vernon Davis, and use the money on defense

With Doctson, Crowder, and Reed, thats plenty of weapons.  Offense is probably too crowded when you look at the defensive side of the ball

Relying on Doctson and Reed probably isn't your best idea ever, Zoony...

On 1/2/2017 at 6:04 PM, Warhead36 said:

"lolol", Maurice Harris doesn't have 1/10th of Garcon's ability. He's a slightly better Ryan Grant.

And for people saying Garcon should come cheap, don't be so sure.....

Right now he's no PG. Of coarse, he's a rook who's barely played but u can see the talent.....I saw the talent in the pre-season. You say he's already better than our guy who's been in the league 3yrs so who's to say he will never reach Garcon's level. In 2008, Colts fans probably thought Gonzales or any other WR not named Harrison or Wayne were better than Pierre.  Garcon's $$ could very easily.....easily outweigh his worth over Mo imo. $500,000 - $600,000   to MH >  $7,000,000-$10,000,000 to PG.

Look at it this way, which situation would you rather have --

1) DJax - Garcon - Crowder - Doc & Crew and the same re-tread FA's on D

2) DJax - Crowder, Doc etc... and a good D FA pickup

3) Garcon - Crowder, Doc etc... and a really good, or 2 good D FA pickups

4) Crowder, Doc, etc... and a couple good FA pickups and a gaping hole @ WR

Give me option 3 please.

26 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

What on earth makes you think this. Did I miss something?

A combination of factors. I'm hearing that he isn't even able to jog yet, something he should have been able to do a long time ago.

And Achilles injuries are very hard to come back from, and Doctson in particular does not seem to be handling this one well at all.

On 1/2/2017 at 7:56 PM, zoony said:

We have an offense that either keys in on reeds soft ass too much or spreads it around and throws to anyone. If we take any of the 18 million and dump it on either of those over the hill cash wastes I'll be pissed too. Let um walk.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Both, because it's realistic that Doctson may never see an NFL field.

He said he's fine now that the season is over.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How would the season being over have changed anything if he wasn't playing or doing anything the rest of the season anyway? I'm confused by that statement 

As soon as the season ended, he was fine. Either he's a **** or he's going to start trying. 

Archived