Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who stays? Garcon or DJax???

Renegade7

Who stays???  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR should the Redskins re-sign this offseason???

Lol I can't believe both is winning. I mean really Cousins needs to get paid and the defense sucks. We can't tie all that money up in 2 WRs. 

Garcon is the only chance in my opinion. We drafted a WR in 1st rd last and we did that for a reason. 

No way we sign both we don't have a the cap room for that. Not with all the holes on defense.

I'd love to keep both but that ain't happening.  It's a tough decision for me because I like them both but for different reasons.  Garcon because he is scrappy and reliable, he is one of the few "mean mofo's" on a team full of nice guys.  Desean obviously for his big play ability but I think even when he isn't getting the ball he makes our passing game better. Overall, it's a coin flip for me.  My heart wants Garcon to stay but I worry that without Desean our passing game won't be as wide open and potent as it has been. They are both 30 years old so it seems the two of them will want that last big contract while they can still get it.  That's unfortunate for the Skins...it was fun while it lasted.

1 hour ago, Area51 said:

Prediction: We're going to let both walk, draft Ross from University of Washington in the first, and watch everyone on ES lose their minds lol

Ross is DJax but younger from what I have read. I doubt he's even on our radar since we have Ross who is almost as fast and has been learning to be a complete wr and not just a burner. and yes you are right I think that this place would melt down if we went wrong in the first. Now if Mike Williams is there at our pick...j/k lol

As a side note I started to wonder if we might try to acquire Brandin Cooks since it seems the 'aints want to get rid of him, but after watching him pull up rather than catch a pass and get hit with his team down in the 4th quarter, I don't think he's our type of guy.

I saw a quote from Gruden today that really resonated with me as far as what McC talks about with working hard and showing the young guys how to be a professional:

"He is our most consistent player,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “He practices exactly like he plays, and it’s great for the young guys to see that, a veteran-type guy like that with a talent that he has work as hard as he does on the practice field. It carries over to the game because all the routes are the same, and Kirk is very comfortable to throw to him because he knows how he’s going run them because he runs them every day the same."

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/29064/pierre-garcons-all-around-game-continues-to-drive-redskins

The crowd that says that Doctson has no heart should hope that Garcons stays

On 12/12/2016 at 1:31 PM, RonArtest15 said:

I think Garcon is morphing into Anquan Boldin before our eyes.  Nothing wrong with that. 

*edit*

My gut tells me Desean will look for a HUGE pay day while Garcon might be OK w/ a slight pay cut to stay in the DMV. 

I posted almost exactly the same thing last week.  If the cost is the same, djax has to be the guy because he provides something that you can't get elsewhere.  Garçon may be more involved in the offense from week to week, but is more replaceable.  Djax is better than ANYONE else in the league on a deep ball, and that alters the way the whole defense plays.

Problem is is Djax is looking for a huge pay day...

8 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

If we let Jackson walk, he is going to reunite with the Eagles and burn us two times a year for the next four years.

Don't get me wrong, DJax is good and does a ton for our offense, however I don't see a guy who is going to dominate with speed at 34.

He probably has two more years of solid production before he starts to decline. Basically as long as his speed lasts because hes not good enough to win with savvy. If he wants to go to Philly and hamstring their cap for a few seasons then cool with me. I think that they are farther away from contending than us so he won't hurt us too bad.

20 minutes ago, squatch66 said:

Don't get me wrong, DJax is good and does a ton for our offense, however I don't see a guy who is going to dominate with speed at 34.

He probably has two more years of solid production before he starts to decline. Basically as long as his speed lasts because hes not good enough to win with savvy. If he wants to go to Philly and hamstring their cap for a few seasons then cool with me. I think that they are farther away from contending than us so he won't hurt us too bad.

I don't know what Jackson is capable.  I think we haven't done a good job utilizing him.  He was catching passes all over the field as an eagle.  With us, he's good for a 60 yd bomb or a 1yd screen.

Only recently Gruden has learned that Garcon can run more than 12 yds. 

35 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

I don't know what Jackson is capable.  I think we haven't done a good job utilizing him.  He was catching passes all over the field as an eagle.  With us, he's good for a 60 yd bomb or a 1yd screen.

Only recently Gruden has learned that Garcon can run more than 12 yds. 

I really like DJax when he's running the dig routes. Member when he blew right by Patrick Peterson and took it to the house? I member. I'd love to see us be able to get him in space to make plays with the ball in his hands, but please dear God no more clear out bubble screens lol

If i can't keep two, if it means hamstringing the defensive efforts this or next offseason, I will take Garcon with no hesitation.

Jackson is one of the premier deep threats in the NFL, there is no doubt.. no one adjusts to the ball better and Sunday we saw another shining example.

But on 4th and 1 with the game on the line Cousins fired it to Garcon, on a route that had been a disaster the previous time they threw it. That is a lot of trust. When it comes right down to it, Kirk made the choice.

I think they have chemistry, i think they're on the same page, and i think they can grow with it.

That hitch that got the first down and also got the pick six set up the hitch and go that scored the TD. The Eagle bit hard on it.

I think in terms of intangibles, Garcon will give you the tough catch that Jackson can't. I think that he is more team oriented and less out for #1.. Jackson makes a play, i just get the feeling he's happy because HE made a play, and what it did for the team is not necessarily the same thing.

we have another guy who can stretch the defense with Crowder, but we do't have the guy that Garcon is, except in Garcon. Charley Taylor would be proud. He's tough and he can burn you while he beats you up.

~Bang

3 hours ago, Area51 said:

Prediction: We're going to let both walk, draft Ross from University of Washington in the first, and watch everyone on ES lose their minds lol

lol 4.25 is flyin'...save us $20 million... hell get Berry...an ILB like Zach Brown...stud Guard, Center and DL in draft orf FA ...and roll with Ross, Crowder, Doctson, Mo Harris, VD and Reed....man...I would LOVE that scenario!!! 

18 minutes ago, squatch66 said:

I think he does walk and I've talked myself into being okay with it as this season has manifested itself, due in large part to Kirks ability to efficiently run a productive offense. With this said, the upside potential of the offense becoming elite would leave with Jackson. 

Also, going off no knowledge, Jackson seems like an elite speed guy in the way Darrel Green was (small, lean, no major injuries and rare speed) and wouldn't be surprised if he continues to be an elite deep threat the next three years. 

I think I voted for Djax but I meant to vote Garçon.  He is the better overall football player.  More consistent blocker, and like others have mentioned Kirk trusts him in key situations.

Pierre got $63 Million last time around and I suspect it won't cost that much this time around to sign him for 2-3 more years.  My guess is he gets around $8-9 Mil per year.  $25M over 3 years is my best guess.  Docston is still unknown and unproven so we need to bring back at least one of these guys so I think its Pierre.

Won't surprise me to see a very defensive offseason sans Kirk and a few current guys.

18 minutes ago, illone said:

Pierre got $63 Million last time around

Did he get that much? I thought he signed for 5 years and like 42 or 47?

Not doubting you ill, that just seems super high

Edit: Seeing as its 2016 and we have this great invention called the Google I figured I could work my fingers to find out the actual numbers lol

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/pierre-garcon-5014/

"Pierre Garcon signed a 5 year, $42,500,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $11,000,000 signing bonus, $20,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,500,000. In 2016, Garcon will earn a base salary of $7,600,000, a roster bonus of $250,000 and a workout bonus of $150,000."

1 hour ago, squatch66 said:

Did he get that much? I thought he signed for 5 years and like 42 or 47?

Good catch!  I'm lazy when it comes to easy research sometimes :ols:

I think I'd be ok with a similar deal this time around, or at least the same average per year on a two or three year deal.

3 minutes ago, illone said:

Good catch!  I'm lazy when it comes to easy research sometimes :ols:

I think I'd be ok with a similar deal this time around, or at least the same average per year on a two or three year deal.

Haha no biggie. I blame it on too many papers written in college lol.

I'd love it if we could get another 2 years out of Garcon but I think he's going to realize that this is the last chance to really cash in so he will probably want a 3 or 4 year deal worth about 10 per. Again, since we have a lot of cap room I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 year deal with most of the money up front so that we can get out easily if needed.

12 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

He did say get your Blue Chip players through the draft.

I believe it.  I'm waiting to see what we do on defense, because while I understand this strategy, there's only so many possible blue chips we can get in one draft for our defense.  They need help.

Archived