Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

There are several different tags -

The Exclusive and Non-Exlcusive Tags - will carry about a $34M salary for Kirk based on escalations. The Exclusive means he cannot negotiate with any other teams. The Non-Exclusive allows Kirk to negotiate with others teams. Redskins have the option to match any offer. If they do not then the team Kirk signs with must give the Redskins 2 1st Rd picks.

The transition tag however only carries about a $28M salary. Kirk can negotiate with other team and the Redskins have right of first refusal. However, if he signs with another team the Redskins do not get any compensation.

The last CBA has provisions in it that teams cannot put the so called "poison pill" clauses in the contract. Any such contract will be rejected by the NFL.

Didn't know about the "poison pill" clause in the new CBA, thanks for that info.

As Pat Kirwan said today on NFL Radio, Kirk will sign the LTD when the numbers offered to him equal Andr5ew Luck's contract since that is the new baseline for top 10 QB money. 5 years, $125M, $87M guaranteed. With the cap going up $10-12M each season, that contract will actually be cap friendly in 2022. Much like how Aaron Rodgers contract seems like a bargain today when it was big money back when he signed it.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Here's a name we haven't heard of in forever...Daryl Washington. There are rumors he will be reinstated. He is now 30 but time away from football has probably kept him fresh.

Might be worth incentive laden deal

He was really good. Been a few years for him but Id bring him to camp. 

12 minutes ago, method man said:

Here's a name we haven't heard of in forever...Daryl Washington. There are rumors he will be reinstated. He is now 30 but time away from football has probably kept him fresh.

Might be worth incentive laden deal

Trent Williams, Trent Murphy, and Daryl Washington all on one team together. A recipe for some good stuff. Only way it could more perfect than that is if we traded for Josh Gordon.

I've been following this thread since the beginning and man... I gotta say a few things.

The negativity of some people here is outrageous. The front office is a mess to be sure but this is not the thread to discuss that so walk it on over to the specific thread for that with your negativity. We get its a mess. We are reading a redskins message board...we get it.

I applaud the talent evaluators for the job thus far.

Baker was a great redskin...a fan favorite who came in as nothing and developed here. He was a flash player. When he flashed it was pretty. Then he'd go quiet for entire series and his run stopping was nothing to behold. That being said I liked him like any fan would. 

Without prejudice we picked up 2 dl who are hitting there prime. Who are on the right side of 30 and are far better run defenders then swaggy. Ask any Raiders fan. Look up McClain on the Cowboys message boards. We are not done yet either.

Swearinger was a good player last year on a good defense. He can play fs or ss. We have the flexibility to play him in either role depending on how cravens looks or how deangelo bounces back.

Pryor was needed. We were not going to match the contracts pierre and desean wanted. I wanted both back but I understand why you don't resign them.

Ilb and another dline are needed. I'd love a look at rb as I'm not sold on Kelley alone the same way I was not sold on MJ last year. However this is the year for rb in draft.

My 2 cents which up here is worth even less.

I was very intrigued by Cordarrelle Patterson. It seems most think the Redskins have moved on now that they've signed Pryor. But in realty Patterson isn't much of a receiver. He's more of a return/gadget type player. So I don't really see he and Pryor doing the same things. I think he can be a useful piece and hope the team still considers him. Although WR could turn out great if Doctson is healthy and productive and Pryor keeps improving, it could also go very wrong and not have much more than Crowder (I'm not counting Ryan Grant for much). So the team could still use some depth

43 minutes ago, illone said:

Per shefter bennie logan is in washington today and tomorrow. Considering one year deals from a few teams. 

Great, get him signed up. Another one year deal sucks for our cap space though a little bit. I think we'll be creating more space soon time soon, or maybe we already have with Hall, Lavaman or maybe RJF. 

5 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The rate Kyle is stock-piling redskins from 2013 I expect Griffin to be 7 feet behind center in no time.

I thought this read  The rat kyle at first and was all like yeah.... That littleqb theif rat looking weazel for no damn reason. 

26 minutes ago, Canadian said:

sI've been following this thread since the beginning and man... I gotta say a few things.

The negativity of some people here is outrageous. The front office is a mess to be sure but this is not the thread to discuss that so walk it on over to the specific thread for that with your negativity. We get its a mess. We are reading a redskins message board...we get it.

I applaud the talent evaluators for the job thus far.

Baker was a great redskin...a fan favorite who came in as nothing and developed here. He was a flash player. When he flashed it was pretty. Then he'd go quiet for entire series and his run stopping was nothing to behold. That being said I liked him like any fan would. 

Without prejudice we picked up 2 dl who are hitting there prime. Who are on the right side of 30 and are far better run defenders then swaggy. Ask any Raiders fan. Look up McClain on the Cowboys message boards. We are not done yet either.

Swearinger was a good player last year on a good defense. He can play fs or ss. We have the flexibility to play him in either role depending on how cravens looks or how deangelo bounces back.

Pryor was needed. We were not going to match the contracts pierre and desean wanted. I wanted both back but I understand why you don't resign them.

Ilb and another dline are needed. I'd love a look at rb as I'm not sold on Kelley alone the same way I was not sold on MJ last year. However this is the year for rb in draft.

My 2 cents which up here is worth even less.

Sorry, I will try and do better next time.

6 minutes ago, JPG said:

@Canadian I agree with most of that but I think whats making everyone go crazy and somewhat rightfully so are the rumors of Kirk not wanting to be here because of dysfunction.

This is from Russell, who I just imagine if he's saying something that goes against his general stance in all of this, there must be some validity to it lol...

"Even though there was a report suggesting that Cousins would never sign a long-term deal while Bruce Allen was running the show, that's not true, according to multiple sources telling 106.7 The FAN's Grant Paulsen and myself. " - Chris Russell

Sorry fellas it took so long... just updated the thread title. Good thing I did because otherwise those moves aren't officially on the books until then. :P 

Good day today in terms of FA, I know... and I'll be glad for the Dline if we get Logan in. Absolutely need someone like him to make it good enough to not be the cause of the entire D suffering. 

But the FO situation and, even more, Kirk's situation is what's holding me back from caring as much right now so that's why I haven't checked up on what's going on until now. If we have our franchise QB of the future locked up long term I can get excited enough to care more. 

Not an excuse to make this about Kirk, everyone. Post in the appropriate thread. Just explaining why this thread wasn't updated. 

32 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Had not seen this, don't let him out the building, worthy signing hope we can lock him up for more then one year he is good

Totally agree with you mate, was the player i wanted most for our DL,  get him signed and move on to ML. 

HTTR 

38 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Totally agree with you mate, was the player i wanted most for our DL,  get him signed and move on to ML. 

HTTR 

Be interesting to see what money he gets. Average 2 tier deals are knocking out at 5-6 mil py so Logan might think he's nearer the 8-9 range. Williams gave BAL a great hometown discount. 

Like the idea of a one year deal for Pryor, not so much for Logan. I'd be looking longer term deal, a 5yr 35/40mil deal may be his range with the sweetener of gtd money through 2 years. Essentially gets a 3/21-24 mil deal. That being said, I'd take him on a one year deal if that was the only option.

ILB next. It's either Foster in the draft, or we pay for one of the FA left....which is a seriously thin market. 

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

I was very intrigued by Cordarrelle Patterson. It seems most think the Redskins have moved on now that they've signed Pryor. But in realty Patterson isn't much of a receiver. He's more of a return/gadget type player. So I don't really see he and Pryor doing the same things. I think he can be a useful piece and hope the team still considers him. Although WR could turn out great if Doctson is healthy and productive and Pryor keeps improving, it could also go very wrong and not have much more than Crowder (I'm not counting Ryan Grant for much). So the team could still use some depth

Agreed.  Patterson is big, fast, and only 25.  His QBs have been Ponder, Cassell, and Bridgewater.

Sign Patterson and a vet like Anquan Boldin.  We need an old man in the room to teach these young receivers how to be productive over a long-lasting career.

6 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I dont recall seeing so many 1 and 2 year FA signings across the league...both from players and team perspectives...I wonder why?

Salary Cap is expected to expand exponentially over the next 2 years

Archived