Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

12 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Irish Catholic theoconservative. No wonder he wants to slit Paul Ryan's throat.

That was a really weird and interesting read. At parts I found myself liking his thoughts. And then you read the bat**** crazy and realize that this guy is somewhere between a raging populist and the Joker.

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Reminds me of the story about Bill and Hillary renting space on their property in NY to the Secret Service after they left the WH.

pretty standard, Biden charges them as well

If we would incarcerate all of them we could save some dough on security ....maybe a island all their own.

I hope Democrats don't let up in their opposition to Trump if they get him to back off of Steve Bannon.  He's becoming the scapegoat for all things objectionable about Trump.  Pressuring Trump to abandon him isn't going to be much of a political victory if Trump gets away with a lot of the other **** he wants to pull at the same time.  Trump will enter office as the weakest and most unpopular president in generations.  He has nothing close to a mandate and Democrats have to be both relentless and smart in holding him accountable.  His plans are bat **** crazy.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I hope Democrats don't let up in their opposition to Trump if they get him to back off of Steve Bannon.  He's becoming the scapegoat for all things objectionable about Trump.  Pressuring Trump to abandon him isn't going to be much of a political victory if Trump gets away with a lot of the other **** he wants to pull at the same time.  Trump will enter office as the weakest and most unpopular president in generations.  He has nothing close to a mandate and Democrats have to be both relentless and smart in holding him accountable.  His plans are bat **** crazy.

I agree...but if they fight him on everything, it will make them look bad and run the risk of backfiring.  They ought to reach out and give ideas of bi-partisan/acceptable picks he could make, attempt to start a dialogue, and try to make sure they aren't just complaining.  

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

I agree...but if they fight him on everything, it will make them look bad and run the risk of backfiring.  They ought to reach out and give ideas of bi-partisan/acceptable picks he could make, attempt to start a dialogue, and try to make sure they aren't just complaining.  

That would be noble.  I'd like to see that too.  And Trump is uncertain enough to where you think he could actually be open to influence from Democrats.

But then you look at the people surrounding him and the campaign promises he made and think... yeah right.  He is at the center of a far right wing cabal.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

That was a really weird and interesting read. At parts I found myself liking his thoughts. And then you read the bat**** crazy and realize that this guy is somewhere between a raging populist and the Joker.

Joker is the analogy I've been using.

You read that Lenin quote of Bannon's, and realize, holy ****, this guy just wants to watch the world burn.  He wants to completely destroy the established system that, while flawed, made and maintains the US as the world's leader.

43 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is where I'm (presently) at.  If you're Dems, you try to mitigate damages somewhat.  Limit Russian puppets, corrupt officials, and totally incompetent people who will do lasting harm.

For example, Nikki Haley for SecState, not ideal, but she also seems at least moderately level headed.  In any other administration she would be quite far down on the list, but in Trump's admin, I could see her as not doing excessive damage and so she would actually not be bad.  She'd be a massive step up from Rudy and Bolton.

If they do pick Nikki (and I'm very skeptical that they would because she isn't close to Trump or very supportive of him) she will probably need a crash course on foreign policy.  Maybe she could talk to current/former State Department folks too.  I'd be a little worried if she is getting all her info from Team Trump.

Hmmm...well then.

"I am telling people if you haven’t been called to New York and Trump Tower yet, you aren’t in the running," says Rep. Chris Collins, U.S. House liaison to President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team.

Collins, R-N.Y., says he doesn’t know anything specific about cabinet-level jobs

By the way,  does it feel weird to anyone else that Trump Tower has basically become White House North. 

Archived