Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Please proceed.

And now we’ll talk about this rather than and the deficit.

30 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is Donald Trump actually trying to bully Mexico into halting reproducing?  

(Rhetorical question)

No, he’s distracting per the norm.

19 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Hillary Clinton and Benghazi are front page news on Fox right now.

Wonder if something is about to drop. 

Trump’s “Hey look at how stupid I am” routine to distract us from something else is insanely predictable.

The media’s willingness to play the game is maddening.

It's funny how the group most likely to chastise others for claiming victim status are now claiming......victim status. 

The backlash against trying to tear up the status quo is amazing to watch. 

Not being able to treat others as garbage with no repercussions has made older white males feel like victims. 

Equality and fair treatment don't sound so great, when you're privileged. They see it as we're taking something away from them... and we are. It's just that they don't understand or care that the privilege gained through exploitation never should have existed in the first place.

We have a country with quite a bit of people who want "to pull up the ladder" once they climb up it to get to success.

21 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Equality and fair treatment don't sound so great, when you're privileged. They see it as we're taking something away from them... and we are. It's just that they don't understand or care that the privilege gained through exploitation never should have existed in the first place.

We have a country with quite a bit of people who want "to pull up the ladder" once they climb up it to get to success.

And honestly, they continue to be angry at the wrong people.

Their anger and anxiety is being caused by the economy being rigged to not work for them, but have been brainwashed to think everything is a-ok in that department, and is then re-directed to punch down at the folks who really have nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

What about privilege gained through hard work? My parents both came from poor families and they both worked their butts off to provide me and my brothers a college education and the chance to prosper. 

Now, I wake up and go to work everyday to provide for my child so she will be able to go to college and have a chance to prosper.

I have neighbors down the street (mom, dad and an uncle) who dont work at all. I love their kids, good kids ... hungry, I cant bring groceries into the house without them asking for whatever i got ..

Point is ... im building the ladder for my child, like my parents built for me.

Why the hell should my child be placed at the same starting spot as my neighbor's kids? I love the kids, they didnt do anything wrong .. but if your parents suck, you are going to have to work harder than if your parents dont suck. C'est la vie.

Everyone uses the term "privilege" like there are millions of trust fund donald trump jrs running around. I worked hard to get to the middle class, Im not rich by any means and live mostly pay check to pay check but i work hard so my kid has a chance. I cant raise every kid in america.

Dont call me or my kid "privileged". (not directing anger at you .. in the royal "we" sense)

44 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

What about privilege gained through hard work? My parents both came from poor families and they both worked their butts off to provide me and my brothers a college education and the chance to prosper. 

Dont call me or my kid "privileged". (not directing anger at you .. in the royal "we" sense)

With the intent to avoid hijacking this thread onto a totally different topic. I will say trying to individualize the topic of "privilege" is an exercise in futility, especially if it used to try and suggest that it doesn't exist out there in society.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

With the intent to avoid hijacking this thread onto a totally different topic. I will say trying to individualize the topic of "privilege" is an exercise in futility, especially if it used to try and suggest that it doesn't exist out there in society.

So it gets thrown across all white people but when someone baulks it’s futile. 

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

So it gets thrown across all white people but when someone baulks it’s futile. 

No, I just didn't want to take a General Trump thread and turn it into a long discussion on one specific topic, which I think would happen if I gave a different response,  There is plenty of reading material out there on it that can explain it better than I could ever attempt to, and it does a pretty good job of rebuking the "What privilege? I worked hard for what I have" argument.

I would suggest that anyone questioning the idea of privilege or wanting in good faith to get a better understanding of what is meant when people say that, just google some articles and read up. Perhaps, it would spark a thread of it's own where we can all discuss it. 

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Now, I wake up and go to work everyday to provide for my child so she will be able to go to college and have a chance to prosper.

I have neighbors down the street (mom, dad and an uncle) who dont work at all. I love their kids, good kids ... hungry, I cant bring groceries into the house without them asking for whatever i got ..

Point is ... im building the ladder for my child, like my parents built for me.

Why the hell should my child be placed at the same starting spot as my neighbor's kids? I love the kids, they didnt do anything wrong .. but if your parents suck, you are going to have to work harder than if your parents dont suck. C'est la vie.

Everyone uses the term "privilege" like there are millions of trust fund donald trump jrs running around. I worked hard to get to the middle class, Im not rich by any means and live mostly pay check to pay check but i work hard so my kid has a chance. I cant raise every kid in america.

Did you see the part where I wrote "privilege gained through exploitation"? That is different from privilege gained from hard work.

Not all forms of privilege are bad, but some are, and even healthy forms of privilege can lead to unhealthy manifestations if the person enjoying that privilege abrogates their shared responsibility and connection to the world around them and loses sight of how that privilege came about and takes it for granted. There are few things as ironic to me as a libertarian who was born with a silver/gold spoon in their mouth.

There are parasites on both sides of the economic spectrum. Some parasite off privilege and some parasite off generosity, both are not healthy. However, there is nuance in between those two poles. In between there are people who are just trying to be able to work hard and get a decent return from that effort, but also people who want to be able to do that, try to do that, but also have to try and make that happen while picking up the shattered pieces of their lives while doing so. People who aren't sheltered or aren't privileged in reasonable or even minimal ways and need and deserve our help. 

We're not just here on this earth to make as much money as possible and be as comfortable and sheltered as possible. We are here to make things better not just for ourselves, but the people around us. And yes there is a balance to that, a balance across the trinity of worlds that makes sure my individual world gets better, your individual world gets better, and the greater shared world gets better all in concert. That is the aim and privilege that goes so far as to violate that trinity balance is not healthy or justified.

21 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

We're not just here on this earth to make as much money as possible and be as comfortable and sheltered as possible. We are here to make things better not just for ourselves, but the people around us. 

I hear people say this

i rarely see them act/live like it 

"New documents provided to the Oversight Committee indicate that President Trump met personally with you, the FBI, and White House officials on January 24, 2018, where he was directly involved with the decision to abandon the long-term relocation plan and instead move ahead with the more expensive proposal to construct a new building on the same site, and thereby prevent Trump Hotel competitors from acquiring the land," states the letter by Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, and other senior Democrats.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said that the "House Democrats have it all wrong."
"The President wanted to save the government money and also the FBI leadership did not want to move its headquarters," she told CNN in a statement.
A financial analysis conducted by the GSA's inspector general, however, concluded that constructing a new FBI building in downtown DC "would actually be more costly" than relocating the bureau.
----------------------------------------

Trump is such a parasite in every way. He only wants the FBI HQ downtown bc it is one block from his hotel and he will get business.

Who cares that it costs a ton more, will cost a ton more just for parking and daily ops and is more at risk for physical and cyber attacks.

^^^DC is a ****ty city for that reason. This didnt start with Trump, but hes the most powerful guy without enough intelligence to hide it. Let alone the fact that he makes an enemy everywhere he does business. 

It's why the Republicans dont care about it. Cause they all do it in some way or another. And why the Dems try to avoid it as a topic. Cause they do too. 

Walk 2 miles from the most dirty money in the whole damn country and you can find people struggling to survive. One mistake away from catastrophic destruction of their entire family. 

But yea get them hotels right Mr. President 

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

I hear people say this

i rarely see them act/live like it 

It depends on what kind of people you're around.

Most people don't train for it. Our society doesn't talk about the pressures of success in that way, how things change when you now have something to lose. They don't talk about training yourself to populate your inner understanding of the dynamics between individual and shared worlds. We don't talk about or train in formal ways for upholding our part of the social contract. We have no shared vision for a better shared world. What we have is an american dream for individuals, not a shared american dream.

We don't talk about how we need to make sure that the struggle for success doesn't make us bitter to the point that we see those less fortunate as some monolithic group that is only out to parasite from us. We don't talk about what do with your money when we have enough of it, or that there is even an enough.

We don't have people who talk about how good it feels to have money, PURELY for the opportunity to help others when they need it. We don't have people who are sheltered who consciously take the time to challenge themselves and actually FEEL and experience the hardships that others face. Touching both sides of comfort and struggle so they have wisdom and a balanced perspective. Because they lack that perspective they don't know how hard it is for some people and rather than empathize they deride those who aren't as sheltered or they get defensive and go into a persecution complex.

Character is like a muscle. You have to use it to keep it. You have to train it against heavier burdens or challenges, so when life punches you or someone else around you in the face, you have the training and ability to naturally do the right thing.

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

And honestly, they continue to be angry at the wrong people.

Their anger and anxiety is being caused by the economy being rigged to not work for them, but have been brainwashed to think everything is a-ok in that department, and is then re-directed to punch down at the folks who really have nothing to do with it.

Saw a post on Reddit:

The problem with this country is that the people making $700/hr have convinced the people making $25/hr that the people making $7/hr are the problem. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Saw a post on Reddit:

The problem with this country is that the people making $700/hr have convinced the people making $25/hr that the people making $7/hr are the problem. 

Nobody wants a fight they dont think they can win

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

When you're used to privilege and advantage, equality feels like oppression. 

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Nobody wants a fight they dont think they can win

Thats not how I see it. 

This isn’t novel or anything, just sharing... but enough things have happened around me lately to just reinforce that majority of people are only capable of understanding what they’ve directly experienced  

people that worked hard to get where they are look around and see people who didn’t make it just not being willing to work hard enough. 

People who got blocked (racism, sexism, bad parents, whatever) look around and see only that. 

sure they’re right some of the time, but not as often as they think. 

We have no empathy. No one can envision themselves in another’s shoes. 

I imagine its somehow tied to the thing that makes people think they are capable and justified to argue against experts (like we see with economists and scientists and such)

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

We're not just here on this earth to make as much money as possible and be as comfortable and sheltered as possible.

This is as close to true as I can imagine. 

We have the obligation to participate in our government, Thomas Jefferson said so...it's our duty in the effort to "create a more perfect union".

Archived