Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

Just now, TheShredSkinz said:

who do we cut to pick up Gordon. Can we help him? 

I think it's a matter of possibly putting Doctson on IR so he can heal... Word is Gordon was using this as a way to get out of Cleveland, and help himself. We could even sign Gordon, incentive based with clauses, and put him on the non-football reserve list until he's ready to play... No harm, no foul.

*this may not even be possibly, just pulling stuff out of my arse that sounds good* lol

Nothing at all to do with the Doctson  situation but I'd sign Gordon too. He will sign for cheap and it's basically a lottery ticket. Maybe we are where he turns things around and then we have him signed for a few years dirt cheap.  

Hey, you know, no matter what he wanted to do in Cleveland to get better at the end of every day he has to go to bed knowing he was going to wake up as a Brown again in the morning.

I'd pound some alcohol and drugs in the middle of the night too

6 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'd still pick up Gordon IF the NFL will allow him to stay. His 4-game suspension is up now. I just can't get passed the talent this kid has. Top-5 WR in the game.

And a 2 cent brain to go along with that.

If the Browns, who are talent-starved right now, don't even want to deal with him anymore, I wouldn't want him near D.C. right now.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

... he has to go to bed knowing he was going to wake up as a Brown again in the morning.

I'd pound some alcohol and drugs in the middle of the night too

:ols: Post of the week candidate

And why fight it further.... #Cleveland says it all. 

15 hours ago, illone said:

Guys, Gordon is not even close to being ready for football.  He has real life problems that he needs to deal with.

While he's rehabbing, maybe he can get with Tanard Jackson, Jonny Football and Randy Gregory for some 2 man touch to stay sharp.

If we sign Gordon, since he's no longer under suspension after this weekend, I think he'd count against the active roster.  I don't know if being a **** head counts as an NFI.  I don't see anyone signing him until the offseason if that's the case.

As far as Gordon goes (when did this turn into the Josh Gordon thread?!), I think only two types of teams should be looking at him - an established, successful team with a very strong locker room (PIT, NE, SEA), or team that's in ****-it mode that is being held back by it's offense/passing game.  

Seems like a bad move for a team in our position.  

As for Doctson... can't believe I've seen "bust" mentioned already.  Terrible luck though because 1) he's our 1st rounder, 2) the uncertainty of the injury makes it hard to decide what to do with him, 3) we could use him in the RZ with our struggles there and 4) Jackson ailing makes it tempting to not shut him down for the season.  

18 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I think it's a matter of possibly putting Doctson on IR so he can heal... Word is Gordon was using this as a way to get out of Cleveland, and help himself. We could even sign Gordon, incentive based with clauses, and put him on the non-football reserve list until he's ready to play... No harm, no foul.

*this may not even be possibly, just pulling stuff out of my arse that sounds good* lol

He sought help, as he was likely about to fail yet another test---which would have possibly banned him from ever playing in the NFL again. 

I don't want any part of the guy. No thanks.

I just dont understand his obsession with trying to get him out on the field, considering hes at a position we dont need him at, hes a rookie and hasnt picked up the whole gameplan yet, and he just seems to be reinjuring himself.  Do we really need him out there so we can waste another 3 redzone plays on fades?

What's really curious is why he's on this team anyway.  This team's run defense sucked out loud last year and isn't any better this year, but since they went with the BPA route, they had to go with WR.  All they can do is try to get by street with FAs to fill the holes on the DLI didn't like the pick then and still don't now since DL was a far more pressing position of need

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

What's really curious is why he's on this team anyway. 

We wanted a backup plan for the inevitable day that DJax leaves us for FA. A player of that skill level is essential to Jay's offensive scheme, which is the cornerstone of this team. It's easier to perfect and preserve our current strengths than to create a new team identity in one draft.

That said, we don't need Doctson on the field every week this season.

On 10/3/2016 at 11:26 AM, gortiz said:

Will Fuller has 323 receiving yards, two rec TD's and a punt return.

we took Doctson over Fuller.

Hurry back Doctson.

I feel like that's gonna be a debate on this board for the next few years.

Should we have taken Fuller instead of Doctson?

Fuller would be a good replacement for Jackson. Doctson was drafted to replace Garcon, I think.

People forget that Doctson was very highly regarded. This isn't taking Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas. Doctson was a beast in college and if he can stay healthy will be a beast in the NFL. Just let him develop nice and slow.

Archived