Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Runnin' down a Dream

skins island connection

When: 1:00 Eastern/Noon Central

Where; Snoopy's doghouse

Runnin' down a dream, never would come to me, working on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads. These lyrics seem fitting, as the battle-weary Redskins travel to challenge the Giants this sunday.

The Giants are 2-0; not an impressive 2-0, but regardless they won their games. Eli Manning has one of his weapons back in Cruz, who has been a thorn in the side of Redskin DBs and safeties in the past. Coupled with an impressive OBJ, they have a formidable pair that's a handful for any team.

Defensively they've opened their piggy bank and shelled out some money, and also have back JPP to add to the beef they have on their d-line. The Saints gave them all they could handle but they find ways to win, and are picked by many to win the East.

That brings the topic to the Redskins, who have looked good in spurts, but overall this engine needs a tune-up. Cousins is struggling with depth perception, the running game, although it hasn't had many opportunities, has not been very good, and the defense, well, there are rumors that Jim Haslett has a Joe Barry mask and is still coaching this team. [ not really but it sounds right ].

The Redskins need a win badly, no question about it, but the odds don't look good in our first win coming this sunday. How will Cousins respond to his passing game? Will Gruden try to balance the run and pass more? Will the defense be able to stop Cruz and OBJ? Too many questions, but one thing is certain; Cousins absolutely needs to relax and go with the flow of the game, trust his receivers to make plays, but more importantly, make the connection with accuracy and poise, not playing like its his job only.

Who wins? Actually it is a lot more difficult to predict than some think; a good strategy on defense and a relaxed Cousins can make this a winnable game; but, there's only one problem; the Redskins LBers must be aware of NYs TEs, and that may be the difference-maker in this game. OBJ and Cruz will get some touches, but the TEs are what makes me nervous; lets see how Barry handles this.

When the dust settles and the final whistle blows,

**** you Mara !!

Redskins 27

GiantsĀ  24

No, I'm not drunk, but working on it !

*first correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap or large collared shirt

We are like 1-7 in NY in the last 8. Kirk is terrible against the Giants. This one is gonna be the point where the wheels fall off.Ā 

I expect a bloodbath. Their short passing game kills us every time. Norman shuts down OBJ but Shepard kills us instead.Ā 

Skins 20

Giants 38

Ā 

Monday morning we get more leaks and probably Barry's dismissal. Gruden looks desperate for answers. The Kirk train is officially derailed.Ā 

Ā 

Sorry for the doom doom and gloom but ladies and gents, doom and gloom is the Washington Redskins.

Iggles look kinda good now and excellent for the future. Giants will probably win the division this year. Dallas is Dallas but whatever.

Basically, it's back to the cellar where we are most comfortable until we luck into a fluke 6-7 game win streak to make the playoffs with Tim Tebow in 2019

:(

If we lose, thenĀ we're looking atĀ 0-3, with 2 losses at home and 2 losses in the division, a very deep hole to be in. Tell Gruden to issue the code red.

WeĀ need to find a way to win this one, but I wouldn't bet on it. We haven't played well this year, and we almost never play well in NY.

3 man rushes with Breeland lined up 10 yards off OBJ.

Compton and Foster looking at the bottom of Jennings cleats.

Probably a sprinkle of Vereen squirting by our guys to convert 3rd and 15s.

The offense is a wild card. Ā History tells me theirĀ defensive line will rattle Cousins into making bad throws that result in turnovers. Ā My gut tells me he can't possibly go out here and crap the bed again. Ā 

34-19 Giants.

Ā 

Do we really have any business picking the 'Skins to win this game? I mean really....from what we have seen so far from them, what makes us think they will go into NY and win? Ā I wish I could believe they could do it with them staring at a possible 0-3 start, because I do think they will beat the Browns, and I would gladly take a 2-2 September after the way the season started, but.......I just can't bring myself to talk myself into it.

Ā 

NYG 31

'Skins 17

48 giants

30 RedskinsĀ 

Not as close as it looks either.

This might be the first time I've picked us to lose, especially in the division. Giants are clearly the best in the East and its not close.

That said, this ****ing team will probably destroy the giants, making it impossible not to keep watching them, then winning next week to get back to even.Ā 

It's like trying to dump a girl you know is cheating on you, but until you see a dozen .......... whoops

I wanna stay positive,...but,.....the defense is just too bad, and the play calling and schemes,...something is just off. Ā And I don't see it getting overwhelming better,..if even a little bit. Ā 

I'm slated to go up my Mom's and watch the game with her too,.....ugh,.....the downward spiral begins.

Redskins - 24

Giants - 38

Isn't the NFL weird?

Before the season started, it was the Redskins and Giants battling it out for the division while Dallas continued to look lost and the Eagles tripping on their own feet.

So the pattern could quite possibly be set up like this; the Redskins somehow beat the Giants, every NFL talk show and personality begin running around in circles trying to figure out how exactly the friggin' Eagles of all teams is in first place !

Every single year every NFCE team is 'poised' by NFL talking heads as being the team to take the East, then the following week they fall on their faces.

This week its the Giants. Then the talk will be about Filthadelphia, then their hearts are broken, then Skip Bayless is beaming with glory as his Cowboys are the talk, until the resurgent Redskins shut them down Thanksgiving, and its a barn burner from there.

The score will not matter because if the Redskins are to win there has to be some changes. It all depends on a couple of guys playing smartly. One is Cousins. He has to play calm, relaxed and just trust himself and his WR's to make the play. Kerrigan has to stay discipline and maintain containment of the edge. Breeland has to stay cool and confident that he can stay with the WR's regardless of the criticism he is getting. He is a better corner than he gets credit for. Then there is the OL as a whole. They just need to fire off the line and be mean and nasty instead of letting the defense come to them. If that happens and they limit the mistakes and penalties they will win.

Archived